Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Dubwwgirl well done on getting to goal a tremendous achievement! :)

Lainey I hope your cousin is okay & well done on the no bread for lent mission! Don't beat yourself up over a bad week When you have exams or a particularly heavy week whatever you need to do (within reason!) to get through is more important than WW, you can start afresh tomorrow & you've done so well so far so keep it up :)

Ps this thread kept me on the straight & narrow all week I didn't always have time to post but I did pop in to read & thumbs up all the good news so thank you everyone & well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Lainy - I hope your cousin is okay and so sorry to hear about your sister.

It's funny that you mentioned toffee pocorn. I had Caramel snack-a-jacks for the first time last week and the first thing I thought was they they tasted really like toffee popcorn. Maybe they could get rid of a craving for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Was Up in Dublin taking my daughter to Justin Bieber :):)

The concert and the vibe was fabulous!

The downside was all we ate for the two days was Junk! All the kids wanted was
    hamburgers and pizza and popcorn etc!

Oh well, I suppose it was something that you don't do too often and now to try and get back to routine. Only thing is, the weekend is always difficult too.

Any body have any idea how to point bacon - as in good old boiled bacon that you have with cabbage and spuds??

Good luck to everyone WI this weekend and those who find weekends challenging!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

SAexpat wrote: »
    Any body have any idea how to point bacon - as in good old boiled bacon that you have with cabbage and spuds??

I point it at 30g = 1pp. I hope I'm doing it right - we had it for dinner last night! According to the guide (purple book) 1 portion of wafer thin ham (30g) is 1pp, so I am basing it on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    The Irish Yogurts Diet ones are lovely, they are really thick and creamy and still only 2pp per pot!

According to my leader, these yogurts are actually only 1pp per pot! :D:D She said this is because 100g is 1pp and then 125g pot is 1.2 pp, hence when you round it, it is only 1pp! Delighted, means I have an extra point a day now :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Kay_80 wrote: »
    So WI this morning & I'm down 1.5 lbs :D delighted as it's TOTM I've felt ****ty all week & I could feel myself last night thinking ' right if I don't have a good loss tomorrow I'm going to go mad' silly I know but this week I've found it really hard, due to lack of energy & just zero motivation.
    Onwards & downwards ladies 12 lb gone since I started & I'm now 2lb away from my next mini goal which is to get to first stone gone! & 12st 7lbs :D

Good on ya girl! Hopefully you'll reach your mini-goal in the next week or two!
    I love the app...i find it keeps me at a good steady pace and I'm always trying to beat my last time. (The two dogs on the end of my arm help with that too!)

Some weeks I don't do a proper shop and I find those weeks I snack way more coz I just pop into Dunnes on the way home from work and pick up a few bits.
    Definately felt more in control of my food this week, even though I was up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Its a new week! YAAAAAAYYYYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

SAexpat wrote: »
    Was Up in Dublin taking my daughter to Justin Bieber :):)

The concert and the vibe was fabulous!

The downside was all we ate for the two days was Junk! All the kids wanted was
    hamburgers and pizza and popcorn etc!

Oh well, I suppose it was something that you don't do too often and now to try and get back to routine. Only thing is, the weekend is always difficult too.

Good luck to everyone WI this weekend and those who find weekends challenging!

I found it on here before. its 3pp for 100g :)
    Your so lucky to have gotten tickets for justin bieber. my daughter really wanted to go (and so did I :o) but no tickets to be got anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Kay_80 wrote: »
    So WI this morning & I'm down 1.5 lbs :D delighted as it's TOTM I've felt ****ty all week & I could feel myself last night thinking ' right if I don't have a good loss tomorrow I'm going to go mad' silly I know but this week I've found it really hard, due to lack of energy & just zero motivation.

Well done! Great loss! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

jackmax wrote: »
    I found it on here before. its 3pp for 100g :)
    Your so lucky to have gotten tickets for justin bieber. my daughter really wanted to go (and so did I :o) but no tickets to be got anywhere :(

Thanks for the pp, that is great! Love the bacon and cabbage!

Regarding Justin Bieber, we were very lucky, my sister and I were both online trying for tickets, at 9 when it opened, I got told they were gone, but she managed to get them ! It is hard to believe that they are all gone within minutes. I read somewhere that they had such demand that they could have sold out 8 concerts in Dublin. Hopefully he will be back and you might be luckier next time! The show was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Hey
    Im off out for an italian tomoro ngiht with my sis and my mam (we decided to take mam out to take her mind off things we decided on the italian in Inchicore as its close to mams home) anyway ive been looking up their menu and im worried about what to have i've my WI in the morning so at least ill be able to enjoy it but dont want to be silly about it either

heres the menu can anyone help me out points wise id be very grateful if anyone has any recommendations on what is nice ill eat anything except olives :eek:

Soups
    Homemade Soup Of The Day

Main Course
    Board Of Italian Cheeses
    Board Of Italian Salami And Ham
    Mixed Board Of Cheese, Salami And Ham Med
    Mixed Board Of Cheese, Salami And Ham Large
    Selection Of Crostini Med
    Toasted slices of crusty bread with different homemade toppings
    Selection Of Crostini Large
    Toasted slices of crusty bread with different homemade toppings

Pastas Salsa Pomodoro E Basillco
    Tomato and basil sauce
    Arrabbiata
    Garlic, chilli and tomato sauce
    Sorrentina
    Tomato sauce and buffalo mozzarella
    Bolognese
    Minced beef and pork in tomato sauce
    Con Pollo
    Chicken or smoked chicken served with red peppers, mushrooms in a white wine creamy sauce
    Con Salciccia E Porcini
    French sausages (from Toulouse) and porcini mushrooms in a white wine creamy sauce or tomato sauce
    Con Salciccia E Raddiccio
    French sausages, red lettuce, walnuts cooked in olive oil
    Amatriciana
    Italian smoked pancetta, onions in tomato sauce
    Seafood Raviolis
    Meat Raviolis
    Pumpkin Raviolis
    Ricotta Cheese And Spinach Raviolis
    Gorgonzola Ricotta Cheese And Porcinis Mushrooms Raviolis

Salads
    Verde
    Rocket salad, carrots, cucumber, black olives, tomatoes, radicchio, mixed leavesRustica
    Mushrooms, rocket salad, parmesan cheese, walnuts, mixed leaves
    Bresaola Medium
    Bresaola (cured beef), rocket salad, parmesan salad, parmesan cheese
    Bresaola Large
    Bresaola (cured beef), rocket salad, parmesan salad, parmesan cheese
    Caprese Medium
    Buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes and basil
    Caprese Large
    Buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes and basil
    Selection Of Assorted Italian Olives

Sandwiches, Panini and Wraps
    Baguette
    With parma ham and Italian cheese
    Ciabatta
    With spicy salami, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian cheese
    Contadino
    Cooked ham, rocket salad, and buffalo mozzarella on a ciabatta roll
    Tirolese
    Speck, rocket salad, mushrooms and Italian cheese on a ciabatta roll
    Vegetarian 1
    Buffalo mozzarella, tomato, rocket salad on foccaccia bread
    Vegetarian 2
    Italian cheese, rocket salad, courgettes on foccaccia bread
    Vegetarian 3
    Rocket salad, aubergines, Italian cheese on a ciabatta roll
    Primavera
    Buffalo mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and basil on a baguette
    Semplice Bruschetta
    Tomato, basil, garlic, extra virgin olive oil
    Mediterranea Bruschetta
    Buffalo mozzarella, tomato, basil and garlic
    Boscaiola Bruschetta
    Buffalo mozzarella, rocket salad, olives and mushrooms

Desserts
    Croissant Pain Au Chocolat
    Pain Au Raisin
    Escargot With Chocolate
    Pear Danish
    Homemade Cannoli
    Sicilian pastry rolls filled with ricotta and pistachios
    Homemade Tiramisu
    Profiteroles
    Cakes
    Carrot cake, chocolate cake, baileys cheesecake, banoffi pie

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭eefums

Hey guys anybody willing to stap a guess at a portion of chips u would gt with a sandwhich for lunch?
    like a bowl of chips?
    I have no idea?

eefums wrote: »
    Hey guys anybody willing to stap a guess at a portion of chips u would gt with a sandwhich for lunch?
    like a bowl of chips?
    I have no idea?

What type were they? Skinny or Chunky?

If skinny I think they are higher. Like Mc Donnalds large portion is 13 if you want to compare them to that.

Oven chunky chips for 100g are 5-6 pp depending on the brand so then add oil. Its so hard to judge

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭eefums

What type were they? Skinny or Chunky?

If skinny I think they are higher. Like Mc Donnalds large portion is 13 if you want to compare them to that.

Oven chunky chips for 100g are 5-6 pp depending on the brand so then add oil. Its so hard to judge

They were chunky ones? Maybe il go with about 15 will i?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RedBride

I had WI yesterday and had another STS, so my stats are like this
    WK1 -2lbs
    WK2 STS
    WK3 -1.5lbs
    WK4 STS

And I've pretty much done the same thing each week :confused:

Maybe my weight loss works in two week cycles. So I must be due a loss next week?!

New week anyway and am downing water like a good thing! Have it on my tracker now too so I make sure I get in my 2 litres every day.

Can someone help me with cream cracker pro points please? The packet doesn't give nutritional values so I can't make them up. The book says 1pp per cracker but I'm wondering if I can like have 3 for 2pps or that kind of thing? Please don't tell me I've wasted 4 pps on 4 cream crackers. So not worth it :(

One other thing, I bought WW Oat Digestive Biscuits today. The old points were on them, 1.5 points per two, so I was thinking there would be 2 pps in them. Just worked it out there and there's 3 pps in the two biscuits. Not happy. Sure I could have 2 normal ginger snaps for that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 anneo

WI last night only down 0.5 lb but at least its the right way. :)
    Found out my goal weight, leader very nice and very good. I have 10lb to go to it, but I aim to smaller goals that that to keep myself happy. The goal weight is on the screen and then there is another underneath it if you want to lose more than that. I would like to lose a bit more but really want free classes ha ha.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on this, it really helped! The first night I went I thought everyone was mad they were so into it, now I am one of the mad ones and happy to be :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

has just had the mother of all binges for lunch....and i dont care!

and i'm still going to have my dinner later....feck the points....even tho my wi is tomorrow, i'd rather get the blow out, over with and out of my system...and start tomorrow on clean slate!

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

hit tesco today to stock up goodies and stuff for the week ahead. back on the wagon tomorrow....but tonight....i'm taking it OFF!

Some night off.....i'm cleaning the house, doing laundry, changing sheets, cleaning out my desk......getting all the jobs done today/tonight!

I been drinking diet coke all week....oooh addictive stuff! i've drank feck all water this week!

stay tuned....posting a georgous ww lemon bars recipe in a sec...yum!

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 24
    Preparation Time: 12 min
    Cooking Time: 50 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

These tasty little bars have been lightened up and they'll go down a treat with afternoon tea, or as a TV snack.

Ingredients
    145 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    5 tablespoons Sugar, Light Brown
    8 tablespoons Butter, cold, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    4 medium Egg, Whole
    1/2 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
    335 g Sugar, Icing
    180 ml Lemon Juice
    2 teaspoons Lemon, zest

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.

To make crust, mix flour and light brown sugar using a food processor until fully incorporated.

Toss butter into flour mixture and pulse to combine using short bursts of power until butter is cut into tiny pea-sized pieces and dough appears lumpy. Sprinkle crust mixture onto an ungreased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan as evenly as possible; press down with a spatula to create a packed surface. Place crust in middle of oven and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, to make lemon topping, beat eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Add vanilla extract and 3/4 of icing sugar; mix well. Add lemon juice and remaining icing sugar; mix until icing sugar is completely dissolved and then add zest.

As soon as crust us finished, remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to Gas Mark 2/150°C/300°F. Immediately pour lemon mixture over hot crust. Bake completely; cool, and cut into 24 bars.

Notes
    The crust must be HOT when you pour on the lemon mixture.

You’ll need approximately three lemons to yield the amount of juice and zest in this recipe.

You can increase the lemon flavour of these bars by adding more zest or eliminate the zest altogether for a less tart taste. You can also change the flavour completely by subbing fresh lime juice and zest for the lemon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Hey
    Im off out for an italian tomoro ngiht with my sis and my mam (we decided to take mam out to take her mind off things we decided on the italian in Inchicore as its close to mams home) anyway ive been looking up their menu and im worried about what to have i've my WI in the morning so at least ill be able to enjoy it but dont want to be silly about it either

heres the menu can anyone help me out points wise id be very grateful if anyone has any recommendations on what is nice ill eat anything except olives :eek:

Hi Layla, nice to hear your mam is getting out and about :)

Just reading that menu made me hungry! If I were you, I'd go for a pasta dish like the Arrabiata or the bolengese, but ask for a half portion. I always ask for a half portion! I haven't got my eating out guide with me at the mo, but I'll look it up for you when I get home! :D:D

eefums wrote: »
    They were chunky ones? Maybe il go with about 15 will i?

Yeah maybe just to be safe, or you could just forget it ever happened like I do sometimes! :D

• Advertisement

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Lainy - I hope your cousin is okay and so sorry to hear about your sister.

It's funny that you mentioned toffee pocorn. I had Caramel snack-a-jacks for the first time last week and the first thing I thought was they they tasted really like toffee popcorn. Maybe they could get rid of a craving for you!

thanks bubbaloo....I actually got two packets of the carmel snack a jacks yesterday in tesco :)

i think the thing with my cousin just brought up alot of old feelings....so old habits and auto mode kicked on. Doctors STILL dont know what could be wrong...and she'll be waiting two months for cat scan....she's due to go to tanerife next week on hols, she's a spanish citizen...so she's checked her self into local medical centre in tanerife to get the cat scan. She'll be getting cat scan within 24hrs of getting to tanerife. We all just want to know whats wrong...

i think i've turned a corner now....slowly but surely clarity and sanity is coming back to me! my focus is back, desk cleared off and laptop back in its proper corner.....i was getting a little too comfortable on the couch....just made me want to snack...and leaning over coffee table was killing my pack. When i'm at the desk....its "work mode"....or so i tell my self.

Today is a total write off, and tomorrows wi is going to be laughably horrible...i can feel i'm retaining water....prob retaining a few pancakes and jam and custard too haha!

back to the treadmill and water tomorrow. Have one can of diet coke left...never again buying the stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

thanks everyone, i really found this thread amazing and since i started reading and posting i lost half a stone that i had been struggling to lose to get to goal!! also gave up diet coke around that time so water really does work i tell you, cuz as some of you know i seem to have at least one binge a week but if i didnt do it i would have fallen off the wagon altogether!!

have a good weekend ladies and ill be back monday to catch up on all and rant about what i couldnt stop myself from eating :)

lainey, hope your cousin is ok and dont let it get you off course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Well not only did I fall off the wagon but the bloody wagon upped sticks and took off without me :p

Twas himselfs birthday yesterday so we got an indian, had a skinful of drink...I made a WW cheesecake, but the recipe was for an 8in cake tin and mine was 9...so I had to up the recipe a small bit!!

I wouldn't mind so much but I'm off to England tonight to see my dad for the weekend and thats not gonna be good either :eek:

Ahh well...I'm expecting to be up this week, hopefully it won't be by too much and I can hop back on the wagon next week - I want my stone by 11th April at the latest...thats 4 weeks from Monday and I've only 4.5lb to go, so I'm hoping thats do-able.

Dubgirl I'm delighted for you, absolutely fair play.

Lainy, I really hope your cousin is okay!!

Well done to everyone on their losses, and I hope ye all have a better weekend than I'm going to :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Confession time. Had a sausage, fried egg, huge piece of soda bread and beans in work today for morning break (11am), and I had already had my shreddies in the morn (6.45am). Then had a finger of kitkat and 5 mini hershey sweets.

Was planning on being super super good this week (want a really good loss) and only dip into weeklies by about 10 for few drinkies but now I am thinking it will be about 25 into weeklies, as am already over by 6 today. Oh well.

I was feeling so unmotivated to exercise today because it was dull, dreary and rainy and the devils and angels in my head have been arguing all day haha Thinking to myself "ah il do an exercise dvd when I get home" then "ah no f**k it i'll just relax"... this was going on in my head all day haha then it had stopped raining by the time I got home and I was feeling guilty, was just about to get the pj's on then the OH spurred me on to go out and do Week 2 Day 1 of couch to 5k, and I did. Feel so much better now.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Time for a few vodka's now :)

Sorry for the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, quick question, would anyone have an idea how many pp would be in a pancake, unfortunately made with full fat milk and oil in pan, am raging with myself for accepting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Evening all, just to say tried the paprika chicken here this evening and the whole family loved it!! Down 2.5 lbs this week, went a bit nuts on crisps (they are my downfall) yesterday, just lost complete control of myself!! Keep up the good work everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just logged on here to try & stay on track. Today was my daughter's 9th birthday, so we had a birthday party with 13 kids. I did start off well. I had made cocktail sausages & got chips delivered from the chipper & while I was serving them out I was chewing gum to make sure that I couldn't pick at them. And it worked. But then I took the gum out & was picking at crisps & cake. And now I have the taste for it & am wondering what I could have (there's loads in the house). My bowl of fresh fruit just didn't do it for me. And I have to do it all again tomorrow because some of my friends are coming round with their kids because they couldn't make it today. And then on Sunday there's someone else's birthday party & I'll have to stay at it because my youngest is going too & I couldn't leave her on her own yet (she's just turned 4). My motivation is really wavering today. Earlier my hubby was telling me not to do it & reminding me how well I had done, but he's on night shift now & I'm alone with all the food. On a good note, a whole lot of the mothers of my daughter's friends commented on how much weight I had lost. I am always wearing a big coat outside the school, so I suppose noone had really seen too much of me.

Sorry about the long post.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just home frOm work.....had a reAlly really good day 2day....went spinning before work,ate proper food and drank bucket loads of water after reading about the benefits from so many of ye guys, and stayed within my dailies......UNTIL...they started to hand out finger food in work(work in a busy pub/restaurant so its hard enough to be good in there most of the time) anyway it was quite enough there this evening so they had to much food and i of course had to start picking at the extras!!! Think i had 3 mini pizzas(gave them 3 each??) and 4chicken nuggets (gave them 2each,they would be smAller then mcD's 1s) that was 15 points for no reason because i wasnt even hungry!!! Going to bed very annoyed with myself now!! Cant go spinning in the morn because iv work early but im on a split shift so hopefuly il get a walk in then. Sp p***ed off now because i had been having such a good day. Hopefully il be able to rectify it tomorrow. Cant afford to be bad after my 'imaginary day' on tuesday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Had my WI STS I'm not too upset about coz I think I'm levelling off after having lost so much with the tummy bug last wk but this wk I've done loads of exercise so hopefully I'll see that on the scales next sat

Here's to a new week 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

anneo wrote: »
    WI last night only down 0.5 lb but at least its the right way. :)
    Found out my goal weight, leader very nice and very good. I have 10lb to go to it, but I aim to smaller goals that that to keep myself happy. The goal weight is on the screen and then there is another underneath it if you want to lose more than that. I would like to lose a bit more but really want free classes ha ha.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on this, it really helped! The first night I went I thought everyone was mad they were so into it, now I am one of the mad ones and happy to be :p

Hey Anneo. I found out from my leader on wednesday that I'm ten pounds from goal too (would like to lose an extra 2) but she gave me no encouragement or motivation at all!
    I have already lost 36lbs so I thought she might have said "Only ten to go - you can do it!" but no, nothing.

I think I might try a new class next week to see if there is a better leader out there. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement