Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Why should he show cavan county respect when he was dropped? Doesn't make sense to me why should he give two hoots!!

He looked at home with the Kildare lads sure more luck to him

Hahahahahahahaha quality!!!!!!!!! Stoke those flames brother!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Why should he show cavan county respect when he was dropped? Doesn't make sense to me why should he give two hoots!!

He looked at home with the Kildare lads sure more luck to him

I'll answer your questions when you answer mine above.

Between yourself, Tayto Lover, Premierstone and Mighty Sticks, this forum is gone to the dogs.

I think I'll go back to sticking to the Cavan thread. This is getting beyond a joke to be honest.

The new Hogan Stand forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Felexicon wrote: »
    Again not having a go just trying to see where you're coming from.

Are you annoyed at the circumstances of transfer in general? By that I mean would you feel the same way if it was a county other than Cavan that was involved

To be fair Felexicon, early doors a number of posters from Cavan wished Seanie well while been disappointed that Seanie couldn't have kept the head down and played his way back into contention - it was fairly obvious that Val Andrews was never long for the managers job in Cavan but he chose a different route. For me the turning point was when he appeared in the national press with the Kildare panel - that was disrespectful to his county and the way of the game.

Added to that there has been numerous posters here alleging that Cavan/ the Cavan manager "acted the bollix" - that's plainly wrong and annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Wasn't he also dropped into the Cavan Gaels junior team at some stage ? Sounds like a lad with motivation issues - which I'm sure would be addressed pulling on a lily jersey, because McGeeney would give a lad like that short shift.

full_irish wrote: »
    Oh and to answer the hypothetical question that everyone keeps avoiding.

Would I like to see a talented Kildare player (e.g JD) move to Dublin?
    Hell to the no, I'd be fuming if it happened as there would be no reason for him to transfer as its a commutable distance. I'd hold the dirt beneath my shoe in higher esteem.
    If he say got a great job in Donegal or West Cork etc (i.e not commutable) and moved cus of this recession fella, then it'd be hard be begrudge him. Good luck to ya, just try not score against Kildare if we met your new team.

Any in regards to Johnston transfer?
    Do I think it's a good precedent for the game? No.
    Do I think it will be a big issue in the future? No, the fella's in CCCC/CAC will have to re-draft the rules to tighten this up.
    Do I want Seanie at Kildare? Of course, he seems to be a talented player and I'm clearly a big hypocrit but at least I'm willing to admit it. I'd be only delighted if he kicked the winning point in ANY game this season. I think talks of an All-Ireland is pre-mature as we haven't beaten any of the big Div. 1 teams in I don't know how long.

Apologies for essay. Hope this can tie up a few loose knots and then get this thread (which is going in circles) closed in the near future.

Most sensible post on this thread in ages but gets lost in the rest of the crap. Time to close it and move on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Why do people keep calling for the thread to be closed.
    I like to see peoples ongoing opinion on the matter and if you don't then don't read it.
    It's not a case of well i'm finished with it so no one else should have it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I like to see peoples ongoing opinion on the matter and if you don't then don't read it.

In fairness 75 pages sorta determines that it's on its last lap tho ... there's offshoot threads which could be created/contributed to but nothing new on SJ saga

Because its going round and round in circles/ people are raising good points or asking questions but they are not being answered or addressed because the thread is being dragged off topic so a serious discussion is not possible at this stage.

I too like to see peoples opinion on the matter but that's not really happening because its being dragged off topic - in last half hour alone we've had the goading troll posts/ the break a leg comment and now a question of how Seanie got his job - how can we have a discussion/ exchange of views in the middle of all that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hahahahahahahaha quality!!!!!!!!! Stoke those flames brother!!!!!!!!

I thought it was fairly obvious my posts were banter based ffs!!!

Can I ask where has our sense of humour gone? Died with the Celtic tiger I fear ffs

Lads wind up like can we all relax. Sorry of I upset a few didn't mean to go that far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

And I do agree this transfer shouldn't have happened.. But nothing any of us can do about it!

To Cavan lads I was having a bit of craic I thought all this was behind us and jest could be had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

And I do agree this transfer shouldn't have happened.. But nothing any of us can do about it!

To Cavan lads I was having a bit of craic I thought all this was behind us and jest could be had

You're about as good a lier as you are at posting factually correct information.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think this thread has ran it's course at this stage so I'm locking it as there seems to be too much back biting/snide remarks/hassle involved in leaving it open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement