Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 with Voda dongle.

• 04-04-2010 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hi ,was just looking to find out if the vodafone usb dongles generally use a lot of resources ?

I'm running windows 7 with eset essentials.
    As soon as I start using the dongle ,I'm going from 40% to 90% ,my cpu usage is 50% for the vodafone connect software. Around 30% for eset.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Yo,

I use the Vodafone Dongle every day (k3520) and dont experience any issues, Run Windows 7 64bit Enterprise (work).

If you turn off ESET does the problem go away ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I tried that just now and it seems to be the Mobile Connect program that causes the problem.
    The thing that bothers me about it is ,it's eating the battery on my laptop. My dongle is the k7365.
    Cpu is clocking minimum 60% when idle and the cpu guage is showing continous usage ,when I close mobile connect it goes back to 7%

I'm using windows 7 ,32 ,professional.

Do I need to use mobile connect for the k7365 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭missyfirefly

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Do I need to use mobile connect for the k7365 ?

You should be able to set it up as a bog standard dial up connection, which should negate the need for the connection manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Thanks for the help folks.

Advertisement