Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

lads anyone heard of airsofteagle.com? any experiences etc with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

If i were to buy 0.2g Pellets to use for a 6mm gun... would that be bad?
    Also besides that airsoftguns.ie Is it a reliable site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

nathan99 wrote: »

No. The industry standard weight for BBs is 0.2g.

As far as I'm aware, the only BBs likely to be problematic for 6mm airsoft guns are 8mm BBs and the cheap ones you pick up in a pound store.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    No. The industry standard weight for BBs is 0.2g.

As far as I'm aware, the only BBs likely to be problematic for 6mm airsoft guns are 8mm BBs and the cheap ones you pick up in a pound store.

But I am interested In a pistol on airsoftguns.ie and it says be bbs the gun use are 6mm.
    So 6mm is pretty much 0.2g and there would be no problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

But I am interested In a pistol on airsoftguns.ie and it says be bbs the gun use are 6mm.

0.2g is the weight of the bb not the size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Grams measure weight. Millimetres measure size. A 6mm BB can weight 0.2g, 0.25g, 0.3g and other weights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Also besides that airsoftguns.ie Is it a reliable site?

I have dealt with them a couple of times in store. They have a nice selection, are reliable and are very good to communicate with their customers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Any idea how long ASMC.de take to ship to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

KonFusion wrote: »
    Any idea how long ASMC.de take to ship to Ireland?

2 weeks usually. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

:eek: Glad I ordered when I did so. I was thinking like 3-4 days :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Placed order on the 10th, shipped on the 20th, arrived today the 24th. I used ordinary airmail and there was no hold up with customs. Very happy. I bought in a few bits for two AUGs and another few bits to hold as spares for other repairs. I might have a small problem though. I ordered two Lonex M90 springs which on the website were categorised as General AEG Springs, now that I have them, they are shorter than regular spring and labelled PSG-1 :( Am a bit dismayed. Hopefully their cutomers service will hold up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Keegan

The search is coming up empty so I'll ask.

Does anyone have experience dealing with http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi Everyone,

I have used airsoftguns.ie for about 5 online orders and have been into the shop for two more items.

I'd just like to say the lads are great and Iv never had an issue with an order.

Yeterday 09/01/13 I oreder a pistol and 4 small items at 11:40 , all arrived the next day (limerick to offaly ) at 10:00.very impressed .

Thanks lads. +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I bought some kit from This Tribe last week. Top class service and great prices.

www.thistribe.com

Click here for Trustpilot reviews.

Every bit as good as Flecktarn and RVOps, often a few pounds cheaper. Good automatic emails, responsive to customer questions, reasonable postage and quick delivery. Excellent all round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Bought a couple of bits of kit including a spare mag for my sidearm on the 12th April from gunfire.pl, when the package arrived and I tested the mag the co2 capsule just vented immediately, tried several times with same result. Opened a complaint with gunfire.pl and they requested that I send it back, which I did the following Friday. Currently the 16th of May and still no replacement mag or refund. No replies to emails either. Advice: AVOID gunfire.pl <snip>. Worst retailer experience for quite a while and 32 quid out of pocket! :mad::mad::mad:

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kap7

http://airsoftbay.ie/
    I need a few mags and other stuff before Dundalk game next month an i wonder is anyone has dealt whith them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Anyone had any dealings with www.ajairsoftstore.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Horse84

Daz1214 wrote: »
    Anyone had any dealings with www.ajairsoftstore.ie?

Yea I got a pistol and a kriss vector off of them on seperate occasions. Found them very good and easy to deal with

Thanks pal, are they a walk in store or online only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Horse84

I dealt online with them and I'm nearly certain they don't have a walk in store

• Advertisement

Appreciate that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Has anyone had any dealings with evike.com? Are they ok to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aidan!!

Are there any stores which the boards airsoft community agrees are great for ordering from? I'm interested in a gun but don't know any reputable online stores.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

Aidan!! wrote: »
    Are there any stores which the boards airsoft community agrees are great for ordering from? I'm interested in a gun but don't know any reputable online stores.

Hobby Airsoft have always been the best I have come across others will have their favourites
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭josh101st

Aidan!! wrote: »

hobbyairsoft and airsofteire are the best ones

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Airsoftguns.ie are good in my opinion as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

SG airsoft are good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Wolfruin

Sg airsoft...... i would disagree i got a lovely new uniform as a gift from there the person that got it for me knew the size that fitted me right. went to red barn before i walked out of the safe zone they ripped and i mean badly ripped i took them back and got the get bent look after making a fuss i got no where the uniform wasnt fit for purpose at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aidan!!

Has anyone ever used taiwanguns.com or gunfire.pl ? Both seem to be polish sites offering free shipping on the item I want. anyone have experience with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

I got a camo and other bits off gunfire, camo wasnt great quality but not the retailers fault, no other problems than that

Advertisement