Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N8 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Thanks Davy.Should have seached first. Laziness on my part. I''ll have a good read through that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well i looked around a few sites all stating its hitting the uk in a few days :) and around 465 cant remember is it euros or pounds...not a bad price tag but we will see how it goes

hope nokia can stand back up with this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

Availability according to both the Italian and Spanish Nokia websites is end of September. Which will just about meet their Q3 2010 target for this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

this keeps getting pushed back all the time we prob wont see it till xmas:eek:

• Advertisement

in the meantime try the c6 its fast and very good
    but the the N9 and C7 will be due also ,so which one do we get?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i have been due an upgrade the last few months but have held off for the release of the n8 was tempted to get the iphone 4 for free,but i find that nokia is light years ahead of apple after all nokia had video call 5 years ago along with the fact that you can blue tooth video/music from other devices compared to the iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

So I saw this been reviewed (briefly) on Techrader..
    Anyone think this might be a good phone considering the mess they made with the N97. Have Nokia learnt their lesson. It's still using Symbian 3 though

Nokia N8
    Techradar

Still thinking of changing from a N97mini to HTC Desire though !

Edit: Thanks couldnt find a N8 thread !

i hope its not a failure
    this maybe they keep pushing back the date so is right on release
    meanwhile ive seen tesco extra uk have it up for 299 sterling thats a good price:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

Confirmed N8 coming september 28th a finsih site revealed :) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

got an e- mail from nokia about the n 8 check out the link with VF UK prices http://www.nokiadirect.co.uk/Pay-Monthly/sc521/p81121.htm?intc=ms_direct-fw-ilc-bdy-acq-na-ncomprod-gb-20-n8buynowmodule1_0x0

also they are selling it sim free for £429 yet the nokia.it/fr website have it for 469e when i did a currency conversion the uk price jumped to 530+ euro.
    im also not happy that three dont seem to have the phone on their uk network which means more than likely they wont stock it here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

r22qeh.jpg

Davy wrote: »
    r22qeh.jpg

quite a price gap there

expansys have it on there website and expect it in ten days

http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=199499

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭long_b

What are the chances of a fella picking one of there up for 200 or so on the lowest monthly bill do you reckon ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

long_b wrote: »
    What are the chances of a fella picking one of there up for 200 or so on the lowest monthly bill do you reckon ?

More closer to €300 im sure on the lowest plan

i would say 249 on lowest and should be 29 on highest
    who knows sure the e5 is 189 on 02 PAYG pretty good price

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kilsmum

Does anyone have an idea what networks will carry the N8 and when it will be released? currently PAYG with Vodafone after coming off contract with Meteor.

I have been a bill customer of 02, Vodafone, Meteor & Three so Im not fussy who I go with once the price of the phone is affordable :D

nobody knows ive asked all the networks
    i was going to buy it from expansys today as they said they would have it in stock and guess what now they say its going to be two weeks but there site says different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Thor

jimmynokia wrote: »
    nobody knows ive asked all the networks
    i was going to buy it from expansys today as they said they would have it in stock and guess what now they say its going to be two weeks but there site says different

Wouldn't rely on expansys.ie to have a clue when they are going to have it.

They kept pushing the date back day by day with the n900, Wasn't there fault the n900 was taking so long to come out, But they had everyones money on hold waiting for it to be released and just kept pushing the date back and back.

If you are set on getting the n8, I would wait until they actually have it in stock before trying to order it.

i will wait till its physically in stock not virtually
    ive bought from them before they were good i have to says
    i know they jump the gun with there dates but they told me today as i said above so will keep my eyes open,i still think i will find it cheaper elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Thor

jimmynokia wrote: »
    i will wait till its physically in stock not virtually
    ive bought from them before they were good i have to says
    i know they jump the gun with there dates but they told me today as i said above so will keep my eyes open,i still think i will find it cheaper elsewhere.

Well reading this, I think expansys are a good bit off.

not only them but alot of others

phones on line has it in at 539 sim free now saying due october

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Nokia online store in UK now says end October.

The FT ran two pieces earlier this week saying it looked like being delayed.

it is been delayed again verified by nokia

on the other hand meteor have comfirmed they will stock this phone in november

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Typical Nokia really, create a massive hype about a new phone and then delay it by months. It happened with the N900, and tonnes of others for that matter. It's ridiculous.

i think nokia have lost alot of customers as they have got fed up waiting

yeah im getting pissed off waiting and god knows how long before 3 have it(if they do get it) im thinking of getting the iphone 4 in the mean time and then sell it for the n8.

They dont want a failed early launch like the n97 got, and ruined its and nokia's reputation.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    They dont want a failed early launch like the n97 got, and ruined its and nokia's reputation.

very true davy im still using my N97 and think it's the biz but the UI is not as good/upto the same level as the iphone,i have since ordered an iphone4 so going play around with that till the N8 arrives.

Advertisement