Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

irishbuzz wrote: »
    The Armstrong Lie
    Channel 4, 21:00-23:35

Documentary by Oscar-winner Alex Gibney about Lance Armstrong's participation in the 2009 Tour de France, which the filmmaker stopped working on in 2012 when it was revealed that the cyclist had used performance-enhancing drugs to achieve his seven titles. In 2013, just hours after admitting in an interview with Oprah Winfrey that he had used banned substances, Armstrong spoke to Gibney to explain his actions.

Ya im gonna tape this as its impossible to watch anything on C4 with all the ad breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,002 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Scarface is on RTE 2 later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

The Raid is on Film4 at 22:55 tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BBC2 tonight at 12.45 AM

Black Sheep - New Zealand comic horror about killer sheep - baa!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Everlasting Moments - BBC4 10.45pm

5 Stars from the Radio Times Review.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Rise of the Planet of the Apes, C4 Saturday night.

A marvellous reboot of the franchise, if we can ignore the terrible Tim Burton effort from a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

old hippy wrote: »
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes, C4 Saturday night.

A marvellous reboot of the franchise, if we can ignore the terrible Tim Burton effort from a few years back.

Up early Sunday to play golf - so that's my Saturday night sorted! Thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" Bullet Tooth Tony.

Snatch, on 3e at 10pm tonight.

Love that film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,002 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In the Electric Mist is on BBC2 later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Daemos wrote: »
    The Raid is on Film4 at 22:55 tonight

Recorded this & watched it last night, EPIC!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

True Lies....love it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

godfather 3 on rte 2 right now. not the best of the three but...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

bluefinger wrote: »
    godfather 3 on rte 2 right now. not the best of the three but...

An abomination of a film! Andy Garcia my bollox!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Terminator 2 is on E4 now:).

Sunday 9PM Film Festival!

More > Moves 9 PM The Verdict (1982) legal themed minor classic
    ITV4 9PM/10PM - Two Mules for Sister Sarah (1970) - lesser known Eastwood drama
    ITV3 9PM/10PM - The American President (1995) the West Wing of its day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Terminator 2 is on E4 now:).

Brilliant movie.

Saw on my imdb app that it's Edward Furlong's birthday today and he's 37! I sometimes forget how old the movie is given the standard of the effects.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Brilliant movie.

Saw on my imdb app that it's Edward Furlong's birthday today and he's 37! I sometimes forget how old the movie is given the standard of the effects.

Probably a discussion for another thread but I've come to the conclusion lately that special effects peaked in the 90's. They were used sparingly and had real impact, stuff like Avatar and 300 and anything Tim Burton's done in the past 10 years are just dreadful in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Today you have a choice between two Katharine Hepburn movies:
    - The Philadelphia Story (1940) is on BBC2 12:50pm, with Cary Grant and James Stewart. I suppose you can call it a screwball comedy. Later remade as High Society (1956)
    - Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (1967) with Spencer Tracy and Sidney Poitier. "What do you mean, our daughter's boyfriend is black?"

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭brian_t

bnt wrote: »
    Today you have a choice between two Katharine Hepburn movies:
    - The Philadelphia Story (1940) is on BBC2 12:50pm, with Cary Grant and James Stewart. I suppose you can call it a screwball comedy. Later remade as High Society (1956)
    - Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (1967) with Spencer Tracy and Sidney Poitier. "What do you mean, our daughter's boyfriend is black?"

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner is on BBC2 2:40pm. The perfect double bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

brian_t wrote: »
    Guess Who's Coming To Dinner is on BBC2 2:40pm. The perfect double bill.
    Oops - forgot to add the details. No need to choose between them, then. :cool:

Trivia: the latter fllm was Spencer Tracy's last, he died just 17 days after filming wrapped. Sydney Poitier was reportedly so starstruck by Hepburn & Tracy that he could hardly talk when they were around, and had to deliver much of his dialogue to empty chairs. Hepburn won the 2nd of her 4 Best Actress Oscars.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Bbc4, 10pm A Liars Autobiography. Animated comedy starring Cleese and Chapman, recollecting his memiors.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Memento is on film 4 tonight at 11, can't remember the last time I've seen that film aired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

In memory of Robin Williams, RTE2 will be showing Insomnia at 10.10pm on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭brian_t

Sam Mac wrote: »
    In memory of Robin Williams, RTE2 will be showing Insomnia at 10.10pm on Thursday.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is on More Than Movies at 4.20pm on Thursday 14th August.

August Rush is on Film4 at 12.50pm on Friday 15th August.

RV - Runaway Vacation is on Viva at 11.00am on Saturday 16th August.

Good Morning, Vietnam is on Channel 4 at 00.05am on Monday 18th August.

Toys is on Film4 at 11.00am on Tuesday 26th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

brian_t wrote: »
    The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is on More Than Movies at 4.20pm on Thursday 14th August.

August Rush is on Film4 at 12.50pm on Friday 15th August.

RV - Runaway Vacation is on Viva at 11.00am on Saturday 16th August.

Good Morning, Vietnam is on Channel 4 at 00.05am on Monday 18th August.

Toys is on Film4 at 11.00am on Tuesday 26th August.

Much as I love Robin Williams, no one should EVER watch "RV - Runaway Vacation" - surely one of the worst movies ever made!

Other than that, RIP Robin, you brought lots of fun to my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Chaplin is on ITV3 Sunday at 10pm. Robert Downey Jnr is excellent in the lead.

Also on this weekend

Friday ITV 11.10pm Dog Day Afternoon

Friday Film4 11.25pm The Omen

Saturday ITV4 11.25pm Fight Club

Sunday ITV2 9pm Hot Fuzz

Tonight ITV 11.10 pm Dog Day Afternoon in the dog day late evening.

Bad Lieutenant (1992) is on True Entertainment of all channels at 1 am. The picture quality is often poor on True channels.

Omen 1976 and Omen 2 1978 both on Film4 tonight

Too many films on! :mad: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself is on BBC2 at 12.40am, a little gem of a black comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Back to the Future Part II is on at 18:45 on ITV 2 today, followed by The Shawshank Redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cult horror on Film Four tonight with a rare outing for The Blood on Satan's Claw (1971) at 00.50.

Advertisement