Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

if theres anyone in the carlow area free, would ye like to drop in and give me a big massive cuddle??

That is all!! :)

Awww, you ok??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Awww, you ok??

its been one of those weeks where nothing has gone right for me
    but its nearly over hopefully!
    Just need a bear hug :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Marshmallow squares... Yum...

I drove from Limerick to monaghan by myself in my new car last night, a four hour drive, no motorway coz I am a learner but I didn't die, and I'm actually feeling so motivated now to pass my test..

It was such a huge hurdle for me, to be able to drive home to my family, now I feel like I can do anything!!

The mother is driving my car to Omagh later to go shopping.. I am currently flaked on the sofa after eggs and bacon and Jeremy Kyle, first friday off in six weeks, and now watching the x files...

Im still wiped after that drive!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

This sounds magical, what's a breakfast casserole when it's at home?

Fried potatoes & bacon layered in a casserole dish, sprinkled with grated cheese, then covered with beaten eggs, milk & a spoonful of dijon mustard and baked til it goes nice and puffy.

It's a taste sensation.

Here's some I made earlier (literally)...

555803_10151214043597678_517680754_n.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Honey Ec that looks amazing!! :D

how long do you cook it for and at what temp?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

awec wrote: »
    Sounds healthy :D

Sounds amazing... lash sausages in it and you have me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Started my new job this week and think I already kind of love it. New colleagues are super smart and nerdy and very friendly. I'll be travelling overseas every 8 weeks or so... First stop is Sierra Leone next month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

awec wrote: »
    Sounds healthy :D

Nothing wrong with anything in that!

I really need to get in the habit of eating a proper breakfast again. Gonna start back on the omelettes I think.

Honey Ec that looks amazing!! :D

how long do you cook it for and at what temp?? :)

The following method makes two small ones/one big one (I just didn't have a big enough dish) - it'll easily feed four people.

6 eggs
    3 back bacon rashers
    300g sliced potatoes
    150ml milk
    150g grated cheddar
    1 heaped tsp dijon mustard
    Loadsa black pepper

Dice your bacon and brown in a little oil. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving the oil and drain on kitchen towel. Brown your spud slices (you'll prob have to do them in batches) and layer in the bottom of a greased casserole dish. Scatter over the bacon and top with the grated cheese.

Beat the eggs with the milk, mustard and loads of black pepper (I don't add salt cause I find the bacon is salty enough already). Pour over the potatoes and baked, covered, for an hour at 180C.

Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes until nicely golden. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before slicing & serving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Fried potatoes & bacon layered in a casserole dish, sprinkled with grated cheese, then covered with beaten eggs, milk & a spoonful of dijon mustard and baked til it goes nice and puffy.

It's a taste sensation.

mmmmmmm, that looks very tasty!

Deciding whether to watch the U17 girls soccer finals, European athletics or Aussie Rule :D Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Looks unreal Honey-ec, and it could be eaten at any/all times of the day! Definitely gonna try this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Honey-ec wrote: »

It's a taste sensation.

Oh that looks greaOMNOMNOMNOM...

Looks unreal Honey-ec, and it could be eaten at any/all times of the day! Definitely gonna try this one.

It's actually gorgeous cold and travels really well - perfick picnic food!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I have been inspired by you Honey.......to get up and go across the road to Superquinn and get a hot chicken roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, I'm still terrified of public toilets...

There's a couple of places around town I'll go to where I feel safe enough, but they're few and far between. This is actually kinda getting bad to the point where I was out for a few drinks the other week, needed to use the toilet, but held it for over 2 hours until I went home. Sometimes when I'll be out, I'll ask my girlfriend to come with me if I need to go, but she gets kinda pissed off at that and tells me I just have to learn to get on with it. I wish I could be as confident as her, but I just can't do it, so sometimes holding it feels like my only option. I know that rationally there probably isn't gonna be a problem, recent times I've gone to the ladies room, other women have just smiled at me, but I'm still very afraid. I was hoping that once I get a new passport and that I'll have ID to back me up, this won't be such a problem, but now I'm not so sure that having ID is gonna make the fear and panic go away and that it'll still be something I'm going to struggle with for a long time. What's even worse is that I'm on medication that makes me need to use the toilet more often. :o

*sigh* :(

• I was relaxing on my bed earlier when I realized I had gotten a missed call from an English number and that they had left a voicemail; was from a company in London saying they had seen my CV online and that they were looking for PHP developers. Sucks as I've no experience in PHP. Still, was rather cool that I sort of got headhunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Trying to get together a survival kit for my dad for going into hospital next week- anyone any suggestions??
    So far I've got a crossword book and I'm going to bake him chocolate cherry cookies... now I'm stuck. He has an ebook so books are out :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Links234 wrote: »

There's a couple of places around town I'll go to where I feel safe enough, but they're few and far between. This is actually kinda getting bad to the point where I was out for a few drinks the other week, needed to use the toilet, but held it for over 2 hours until I went home. Sometimes when I'll be out, I'll ask my girlfriend to come with me if I need to go, but she gets kinda pissed off at that and tells me I just have to learn to get on with it. I wish I could be as confident as her, but I just can't do it, so sometimes holding it feels like my only option. I know that rationally there probably isn't gonna be a problem, recent times I've gone to the ladies room, other women have just smiled at me, but I'm still very afraid. I was hoping that once I get a new passport and that I'll have ID to back me up, this won't be such a problem, but now I'm not so sure that having ID is gonna make the fear and panic go away and that it'll still be something I'm going to struggle with for a long time. What's even worse is that I'm on medication that makes me need to use the toilet more often. :o

I hope you don't mind me saying, but I don't think you need to be too worried about running into trouble when using the ladies' restrooms. From the pictures you've posted up here, you look very feminine :) Definitely more so than I do, and I don't worry about bringing my passport to the toilet to prove I'm female (though perhaps I should :D)

If you act like you've a reason to be there, no one will doubt you!

Exactly what Fluorescence said. I don't think any woman would bat an eyelid at you if they saw you in a ladies loo anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Links234 wrote: »

Having seen your pictures in KYL, I'm fairly sure you don't have to worry about anyone thinking you're anything other than a woman. Hell, you're more feminine looking than I am! So, if it's the fear of having someone question you about whether you're a woman, I don't think you don't have to fear that.

It would never have occurred to me that anyone would ever have to worry about having to bring ID to the toilets with them. That makes me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Note to self : Do not Facebook stalk. It never ends well.

Novella wrote: »

What did you find? Stalking sucks :( But is somehow unavoidable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I hope you don't mind me saying, but I don't think you need to be too worried about running into trouble when using the ladies' restrooms. From the pictures you've posted up here, you look very feminine :) Definitely more so than I do, and I don't worry about bringing my passport to the toilet to prove I'm female (though perhaps I should :D)

If you act like you've a reason to be there, no one will doubt you!

I know that I shouldn't be worried, but I still can't get over being so afraid. and it's not really all in my head though, because people I know have had issues in toilets in Ireland before, some lesbian women I know have had other women scream at them because they look boyish, and I know one woman who was shoved out of the toilets at one point. it's worse then if you're transgender, 'cos what if you run into someone who really has something against trans people? I'd just die if someone tried to kick up a ****storm like this over me: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6094782.stm

I know I shouldn't be so afraid, but public bathrooms still look like this to me:

Sxy8R.jpg

sorry for the moan :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ive never seen anybody yell at anybody in a bathroom

go in and yell right back
    nobody is going to beat you up...

yer wan is a former showgirl anyway what would she know

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

That's the thing though - I don't think anyone would be able to tell you're trans unless you went around with a sign on your forehead. I don't think I've ever noticed a trans person in a women's bathroom, and I must have run into at least 1 in my lifetime.

I'm sorry to hear your friends have had trouble though. That's really disgusting. I weep for humanity at times, I really do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

But but but....that's the whole point of facebook :D
    bluewolf wrote: »
    ive never seen anybody yell at anybody in a bathroom

go in and yell right back
    nobody is going to beat you up...

yer wan is a former showgirl anyway what would she know

Oh I've yelled at people in the bathroom. But only because I'm bursting to go and they skip the que :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

ihsb wrote: »
    What did you find? Stalking sucks :( But is somehow unavoidable.

Oh ya know, I was doing a bit of peeking at the ex! :pac: I know, I know! :( And he'd just re-added a girl who was really mean to me when we were together. It sounds totally pathetic and I'm not upset or anything like that. I dunno, I guess I'm disappointed or something.

Next time I look at his page, I give everybody permission to slap me.

Oh ya know, I was doing a bit of peeking at the ex! :pac: I know, I know! :( And he'd just re-added a girl who was really mean to me when we were together. It sounds totally pathetic and I'm not upset or anything like that. I dunno, I guess I'm disappointed or something.

Next time I look at his page, I give everybody permission to slap me.

No I can get that. If my OH was to let people back in if we break up it would be a major stab in the stomach.

WHAT A JERK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yeah completely understanding that one. I had to stop with one ex when his statuses started using a pet name he had for me to refer to his new girlfriend - even though we'd been broken up ages, it still felt like a physical kick in the stomach...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement