Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coarse/pike around dublin-Where?

• 23-09-2005 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭

I live in north county dublin.
    Where can I go pike/coarse fishing (perch/roach etc) in or around this area (not city centre now), say somewhere on canals where I wont get mugged! Or any lakes - Louth/Kildare area too.
    Does anyone know any quiet spots, out as far as say enfield, robertstown.
    Help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

u gimme that porsche, ill guarantee u double figure pike and bags of roach and break u can only dream of!! near dublin too ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

lol, thats an original offer - normally i get offered Skylines and stuff.... :D

i meant bream instead of break..my typing :-/
    so do we have a deal???

if you are close to dublin the best place to head would be to drumconrath or carickmacross, just north meath/monaghan..
    these places are fished pretty heavily, but some of the lakes up there hold great fish -- i had two 20 + plus pike out of ballyhoe1 last year..as well as a 5.5lb tench (summer time though)
    you'll also get loads of roach and stuff in these lakes too..

Also lough ervey near kingscourt is a good pike water, my friend had a 28lber and a 18lber there last year in the one session..looks like there is lots of roach etc there too..i have never fished for them- - its a strange lake though..runs very hot and cold..

You could also try mullingar
    River inny - 18lb pike this year..specimen roach in there too apparantely
    River Suck - meant to be excellent, never fished it
    Kildare - River Barrow -specimen bream/hybrids and great pike...

all these places are within about an hour drive from west dublin, the blanch that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Thanks, any sites on canal close in???

the canal is weird this time of year, its very weedy, and can be a little low. I used to fish up near lucan (its called collins bridge i think) and we used to go to peg 40 - its near the boat house, great tench etc.. but that was about 5 yrs ago now..
    you could try a bridge called cloncurry bridge -- its just before enfield. These are royal canal.

The grand canal - the bend at sallins (very deep) watch the overhead poles.
    - prosperous / clane and edenderry

i havent really fished the grand as much as the royal though..good pike in the grand as far as i can gauge...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

Get your arse down to the river suck.Fishing it for the last 15 years and it is brilliant.

Advertisement