Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take the war to heart of the enemy!

• 08-09-2001 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

We should all attempt to bust up eircoms site by all sending multiple emails entitled 'Give us flat rate internet.'

We could arrange a half an hour period some day, in which we would all send a ton of mail in attemp to crash there site or somethin like that.

If that doesn't work, we can always pay a bunch of professional Hackers to do the job for us!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

great idea dumbass, we'd like broadband/56k unmetered sometime this century.

pulling a stunt like that would only serve to set back ireland offline's progress by I dunno.... 50 or 60 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭ Quinn Angry Tv

1. we're not spammers
    2. we're not hackers
    3. we're not net vigilantes

This is just unhelpful IMHO.

We've met all the parties involved in this situation and had constructive talks w/ all of them.
    It would be just great for them now to shut the door in our face because of such a childish stunt.

KOP ONTO YOUSELF M8 !!

Niall, close this thread please

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

performing a script kiddy attack on Eircom would do nothing.
    literally.
    there are only 1000 of you on 56k connections, so you can roughly send 3x1k email's per second, so roughly all of you can send 3mb/sec @ Eircom, which would not hit Eircom too hard at all.
    and you should get 12 for this..ro have you gotten this before.?

wise up man.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

That'll learn em. Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭ando

BAD BAD BAD IDEA.......

I'm sure I speak for most when I say, IrelandOffline does not want to be related with such action

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

There are ways and means, and with the amount of members we have im sure some know how to set up a nice recurring file that could send about 2gig/sec at eircom.net.

But the reason we have never done it, is because it’s stupid, simple as that,
    Not stupid stupid more like dumb and dumber stupid.

“I know what we will do, we will force brute force attack eircon, in the hope of taking there service off line, because we know how much they love their users and would hate to see them disconnected for long periods.”

I’m betting this is one of those things that sounded smart in your head. Word of advice try talking to someone or just voicing your ideas out loud before posting.

Ps if any eircon guys are reading this, I know you have limited intelligent, but look at the tone of the topic, there have never been this tone of this forum before. Also look down through the replies and notice what the senior rather then the junior members have to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Gladiator
    There are ways and means, and with the amount of members we have im sure some know how to set up a nice recurring file that could send about 2gig/sec at eircom.net.

no you could not, not even with all the members using their work/college connections.

Your Totaly right "i" couldnt, ill go on record as saying i couldnt hack my way out of a paper bag nore would i want to, but i was just useing it as an example. of course you would have to be stupid to try an email brute force attach, its a sub system.

but ive seen sites get attack this that amonth of crap, dont ask me how, id have to guess they used servers will large pipes or serveral smaller machines on broadband. i didnt read to much into it something about constantly gnerating errors. the orginal file sent was like 1mb but as it relayed along the net it cept getting bigger as more errors were added. and each file sent ended up 10 times bigger. dont Quote me on any of this as its about 1.50 am and for all i know im dreaming this

any attack on eircon.net wouldnt have to some from ireland it would come from abroad via an irish user. but this is all pointless talk its really late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ru1nzx

ur quite sad arent u..

do u have a brain or are u just some rich ass kid that doesnt actually know what broadband is?

Thats D-DOS'n and its a script kiddy attack.
    its at a very advanced stage now and its unbeatable.

when some no0b or server has the single executable file installed on their machine, its like a little remote drone. you machine is now a zombie.

Everytime you connect to the net, it tries to call the "master" which is a bot running generally on a IRC server [DALnet/EFnet are mostly guilty], by editing the executable in W32dasm or something else you noramlly get it log into a IRC chat room, which is usernamed/passworded and only respond to certain "calls" from its editor, and it then awaits direction.

The lamer log's in and issues a command to his bots such as "-ready" [this will list all zombies that are ready for attack] or "p4 159.134.237.56" [Eircom.net] or the most lethal "!udp 207.71.92.193 9999999 0 "[will knock the site out of existence].

And thats DOS attacks, unstopable $hit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

1. we're not spammers
    2. we're not hackers
    3. we're not net vigilantes

Said 80p.

Yea thats the one, i read about it somewere

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Anybody who takes such destructive action towards eircom or anyone else does not speak for or act on behalf of IrelandOffline.

Digital Tilmitt you should know better.

bard, can you not delete this entire topic ? It does not go down well if eircom and other telcos see this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

We all agree that the concept is idiotic, so there's no need to delete it. Just lock it.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by Digi_Tilmitt
    We should all attempt to bust up eircoms site by all sending multiple emails entitled 'Give us flat rate internet.'

We could arrange a half an hour period some day, in which we would all send a ton of mail in attemp to crash there site or somethin like that.

If that doesn't work, we can always pay a bunch of professional Hackers to do the job for us!

That is a really bad idea.
    BTW ... What's a professional hacker ... someone who get's paid to hack or do you mean an expert at hacking?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dragonkin

Originally posted by ando
    bard, can you not delete this entire topic ? It does not go down well if eircom and other telcos see this

I admit that the topic is idiotic and stupid but I think that shutting it down because we are afraid of the telcos is a bad idea, what have we to hide? it is only the opinion of one person remember.

Originally posted by infomat

BTW ... What's a professional hacker ... someone who get's paid to hack

yup, pretty much.
    companies sometimes pay a "hacker" to test their security.

Originally posted by dragonkin

what have we to hide? it is only the opinion of one person remember.

i know, but it could be all the excuse that eircom needs to say we are an unprofessional organisation... and that they do not want to deal with us ...etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

We're not afraid of the telco's - if we were, we wouldn't be challenging them, questioning them and showing up their mistakes as openly and publicly as we have been.

However, this thread is very much unhelpful. The only reason I didn't LOCK (not DELETE) it earlier was because the moderator accounts weren't sorted out fully then.

Hopefully Cloud has it all sorted out now... if so, this thread will now be closed.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm opposed to deleting such threads, locking yes, once the conversation has terminated but deletion is a step too far.

The telcos SHOULD see misdirected anger like this. They should also see IOFFL's responsible attitude to it.

People are angry and the more we shelter Eircom/Esat from that anger, the more they will live in the happy-clappy land we saw on display at recent talk.

On an unrelated note: It appears that mods and admins can post to closed topic. Woot.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement