Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

birdie89 wrote: »
    hi guys...

just wondering if anyone got a confirmation email frm BW after they sent their summer internship application?

Haven't applied to BW yet but was wondering the same for AL Goodbody. Did you or anyone get a confirmation from them?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheDarkKnigh

Anyone been called to EFC for trainee interviews? Any idea what to expect and what kind of a firm they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Has anyone heard from Malcomson law??

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from Malcomson law??

nope....nearly hitting the 2 month mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 remnant

Anyone been called to EFC for trainee interviews? Any idea what to expect and what kind of a firm they are?

No haven't heard anything from EFC, other than a letter confirming receipt of my application. Have they started arranging interviews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

moonbino wrote: »
    Haven't applied to BW yet but was wondering the same for AL Goodbody. Did you or anyone get a confirmation from them?
    Thanks.

Applied to BW, but didn't get a confirmation. Got one from AC and LK Shields and Maples.

Am still filling in the A & L Goodbody form + MOPS + McCanns sigh. I much prefer the CV and covering letter approach tbh.

2012 is gonna be my year lol:D

Would anyone be able to give me the email address which you send your maples application to please? when I click onto it it goes straight to microsoft outlook on my computer which I dont have set up!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

colonel1 wrote: »
    Applied to BW, but didn't get a confirmation. Got one from AC and LK Shields and Maples.

Am still filling in the A & L Goodbody form + MOPS + McCanns sigh. I much prefer the CV and covering letter approach tbh.

2012 is gonna be my year lol:D

Just too cumbersome to read through 600-1,000 CVs so you need a system that either culls candidates (psychometric tests) or at least standardises the applications so that they can be examined together.

Would anyone be able to give me the email address which you send your maples application to please? when I click onto it it goes straight to microsoft outlook on my computer which I dont have set up!

Thanks

margaret.hanrahan@maplesandcalder.com

It works ok when you cut and paste into gmail. She is away until the 27th, so you will just receive an automated response.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 legalsmeagle

did anyone apply or hear from this firm yet applications closed on 24th feb....

• Advertisement

did anyone apply or hear from this firm yet applications closed on 24th feb....

Hi legalsmeagle,

was this firm running a summer internship programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Blackrockcomet

Yeah interviews have started at HOMs. It was a trainee solicitor position, Colonel.
    Elsewhere, Eugene Collins have sent PFOs

Has anyone heard from Byrne Wallace? I know they don't communicate receipt or rejection, which I think is quite rude, so I want to know if at this stage no news means I can stop day dreaming about working there this summer. Lol

Has anyone heard from Byrne Wallace? I know they don't communicate receipt or rejection, which I think is quite rude, so I want to know if at this stage no news means I can stop day dreaming about working there this summer. Lol

Lol:D BW do send out rejection emails to candidates eventually Moonbino! At least that was the case with Training contract applications. Haven't heard either way regarding their summer internship.

Did anyone on here apply to the LK Shields for one of their internship places? (they run 4)

Lol:D BW do send out rejection emails to candidates eventually Moonbino! At least that was the case with Training contract applications. Haven't heard either way regarding their summer internship.

Did anyone on here apply to the LK Shields for one of their internship places? (they run 4)

Applied to BW thrice, once for traineeship and still no word even after following up with a phonecall and Miss Thang took my number and even said oh your number is almost the same as mine. Still waiting...and still want to work there. Haha.

PFO from LK Shields last week. If you haven't heard from them that's probably good news.

I applied to LK shields and received confirmation but havnt heard anything from them yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 legalsmeagle

it was trainee position ...no pfo back 4 me ....any know when interviews started?

Applied to BW thrice, once for traineeship and still no word even after following up with a phonecall and Miss Thang took my number and even said oh your number is almost the same as mine. Still waiting...and still want to work there. Haha.

Lol, God loves a trier moonbino, but does BW;)

PFO from LK Shields last week. If you haven't heard from them that's probably good news.

Nah, I did hear from them (LK Shields). They said they weren't progressing my application for the next 6 months. Made a terrible mess of things re feedback from HR. Straight to shredder for moi:D What did they say to you? PM me if you don't want to reveal on here!!! Yep I'm nosy.

I applied to LK shields and received confirmation but havnt heard anything from them yet!

That sounds promising birdie:D Were you applying for a place on the July-September slot by any chance?

That sounds promising birdie:D Were you applying for a place on the July-September slot by any chance?

Im not sure,....I dont think I was given an option for which internship I would have liked? Did you?
    I didnt apply/receive confirmation until the 24th of Jan 2012 though so they probably haven't even gotten to my application yet. Do you mind me asking when you applied?

• Advertisement

Im not sure,....I dont think I was given an option for which internship I would have liked? Did you?
    I didnt apply/receive confirmation until the 24th of Jan 2012 though so they probably haven't even gotten to my application yet. Do you mind me asking when you applied?

I was told to specify which option I would prefer in my covering letter. I applied in February, and they got back to me quite quickly.

I was told to specify which option I would prefer in my covering letter. I applied in February, and they got back to me quite quickly.

hmmmm just looked at their website and cant see anywhere in the application process about specifying, and just checked my cover letter, never mentioned it! ahhh welll!

hmmmm just looked at their website and cant see anywhere in the application process about specifying, and just checked my cover letter, never mentioned it! ahhh welll!

Quite right, they didn't specify on the website. I only found out because I contacted HR to ask. In any case it didn't make a jot of difference to my application alas. I would say you are in with a good chance birdie89 if you haven't heard yet:) Good luck, it looks like a fantastic opportunity to gain legal experience.

Lol, God loves a trier moonbino, but does BW;)

Nah, I did hear from them (LK Shields). They said they weren't progressing my application for the next 6 months. Made a terrible mess of things re feedback from HR. Straight to shredder for moi:D What did they say to you? PM me if you don't want to reveal on here!!! Yep I'm nosy.

Lol.
    I was told the same. :-(

Lol.

Hmmm. Did it take them long to get back to you?

Lol.

Hmmm. Did it take them long to get back to you?

About 1 week

About 1 week

hmmm, heard after 2 working days!

About 1 week

hmmm, heard after 2 working days!

ya, checked my inbox. They confirmed receipt the next day and sent pfo the following week. From I applied to the pfo 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I got rejected as well: I'll be starting an LLM in September. They said I had amazing grades and extracurriculars but I'd be unable to start with them due to the masters and asked me to reapply once I got the LLM.

• Advertisement

Lockstep wrote: »
    I got rejected as well: I'll be starting an LLM in September. They said I had amazing grades and extracurriculars but I'd be unable to start with them due to the masters and asked me to reapply once I got the LLM.

Has anyone heard anything positive from LK shields? I have still only received confirmation of my application...

Advertisement