Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS system update - Delayed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

ghostchant wrote: »
    but if someone uses the 'no DSi-exclusive games' argument, then the link I posted shows they do in fact exist.

Fair enough

God I need an update from Nintendo - need to get this store online!

I think 3DS should have released at least 5/6 more games sooner for the system then they have. The current releases are so full of crap that a few better games would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Nollog

Only 13 more days.
    Keep your pants on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Anyone know what games will be available at launch? I know Link's awakening DX and Super Mario land are a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Anyone know what games will be available at launch? I know Link's awakening DX and Super Mario land are a given.

ExciteBike is supposedly going to be free with the 3DS shop update, can't find a full list at the mo due to laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

pdbhp wrote: »
    ExciteBike is supposedly going to be free with the 3DS shop update, can't find a full list at the mo due to laziness.
    Whats that? Will it come via the update or just free to find and downoad?

• Advertisement

There is no list.
    An excitebike 3d is only confirmed for japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

/\/ollog wrote: »
    There is no list.
    An excitebike 3d is only confirmed for japan.

Forgot about that. Damn Japanese,Nintendo really know how to píss on us poor Irish.
    Hopefully they'll give us Excitebike or anything for that matter.

I'm sure we'll get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll get something.

Hoping for a game alright but wouldn't be surprised if it was just a 3-d trailer for Green Lantern...we shall see soon enough I suppose.

I would expect at least a free game or substantiated demo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

These e-Shop prepay cards look cool.

jpneshopcards.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Excitebike 3D now confirmed for the US market - should be an announcement on Europe soon enough I'd imagine.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26460
    Pokédex 3D confirmed for free on the eShop when it launches.

http://nintendoeverything.com/65530/
    The other url seems to be broke, so take some nintendo++.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

These e-Shop prepay cards look cool.

jpneshopcards.jpg

Make them AR cards for 3ds and I believe that would be classed as a win, in fact I would go so far as to say, an epic win.

http://www.meetup.com/Nintendo3DS/
    Streetpass day is June 25th worldwide.
    Start some communities.

It didn't click with yesterday when I posted the points cards but I thought the e-Shop was going to use normal currency. Not points.

I notice that the points cards have the Wii logo. I have unused points on the Wii so I wonder if I can use them on the e-Shop.

It didn't click with yesterday when I posted the points cards but I thought the e-Shop was going to use normal currency. Not points.

I notice that the points cards have the Wii logo. I have unused points on the Wii so I wonder if I can use them on the e-Shop.

They are.
    They're in Yen.

Check your Wii Shop now, they are accepting cash cards along with nintendo points now.

So are we still waiting until June 7th for the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Can you use existing Nintendo,1000,2000,3000 points cards or are there new cards being introduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Advertisement

Very disappointing to see that Links Awakening is not a launch release. They were showing it in VC promo videos. Next Thursday I guess. 3-D Xevious sounds pretty good. At least Exitebike is free. I wonder if the browser will be better than the Wii's and the PSP's browser.

Virtual Console
    • Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge (Capcom, Game Boy, 400 Nintendo Points)
    • Kirby's Dream Land (Nintendo, Game Boy, 400 NP)
    • Baseball (Nintendo, Game Boy, 300 NP)
    • Phantasm (Jaleco, Game Boy, 400 NP)
    • Downtown Special Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou! (Arc, Game Boy, 400 NP)
    • Super Mario Land (Nintendo, Game Boy, 400 NP)
    3D Classics (NES titles re-made for the 3DS)
    • Excitebike (Nintendo, free until 31st July, then 600 NP)
    • Xevious (Nintendo, 600 NP)
    3DSi Ware
    • Mystery P.I Kieta Film (G Mode, 600 NP)
    • 3D Block Kuzushi (Silverstar Japan, 500 NP)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

When exactly does the update go live? I've not found a time anywhere, do I then assume that it will be midnight on Tuesday morning?

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    When exactly does the update go live? I've not found a time anywhere, do I then assume that it will be midnight on Tuesday morning?

Between 6pm monday and 6am wednesday is the window.
    June 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone know when stores like gamestop will have estore cards in stock? Hoping for monday...and denominations..presuming 1000/2000/3000 for 10/20/30 euro.

This is what we will be getting tomorrow.

* Excitebike (NES) 3-D remake: Free (As long as you download it within 30 days of release.)
    *Pokedex 3D application: Free

*Super Mario Land
    *Tennis
    *Alley way

*All first party Nintendo DSI ware

*Web browser: 3DS web browser: Does not support flash but will allow users to view 3D images on websites, as well as the uploading and downloading of 3D photos taken using the 3DS cameras.

* Store will update worldwide every Thursday. This goes into effect on June 16.

*DSi and DSi XL owners will simply download a transfer tool on their handheld and initiate the transfer process. Then on the 3DS, users will accept the transfer and that's it. The transferred games will automatically be deleted from their original source.

*Lastly, there'll also be the chance to sign up for a short form 3D video service in the future, which will provide music videos, movie trailers and comedy videos all in 3D, all through SpotPass and all for free.

*Purchasing games will be a lot more transparent now too as the amount you have in your eShop wallet is displayed in real currency as opposed to Wii Points.

The American lauch differs slightly and of course Japan has the best selection.

http://3dsvc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/europe_this_is_your_eshop_launch_day_line_up

http://www.destructoid.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-3ds-eshop-launch-202487.phtml

It's really dissapointing that Links Awakening DX is not a launch title considering the store was delayed so long but I'm assuming it will be released with the next batch of games, which I predict will be GBC games.
    Very dissapointed the browser does not support flash but the 3D pictures is nice. Of course getting Excitebike 3D for free is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Will we be unable to use youtube?

shizz wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to watch any vids.

The iPhone and iPad don't support Flash and you can watch YouTube videos so I wouldn't rule it out totally on the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

No youtube. Browser does not support html5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

So will this update become available at midnight does anyone know?

Advertisement