Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just taken some coke. . .

• 29-09-2013 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Haven't had any for a long time, hate sweet things, but there was nothing else to hand and my throat was very dry. Jesus it's fcuking rank isn't it? :(

Do many people still drink carbonated muck by choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

I only drink fizzy drinks if Im hungover and my mouth is all dry and uncomfortable. Not a fan. Especially of coke...unless when it's flat and you can actually taste a bit of the cola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

yes i drink soda, i'm drinking Fanta Zero at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Don't you mean, er... cinnamon, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Monaghan Lad

I was expecting something entirely different when I read the title :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

A pint of gin is the only cure for a dry mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tried it once. Didn't like the bubbles in my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

The icecubes got stuck in my nose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

kowloon wrote: »
    A pint of gin is the only cure for a dry mouth.

Not so good for the hand-eye coordination though. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Haven't had any for a long time, hate sweet things, but there was nothing else to hand and my throat was very dry. Jesus it's fcuking rank isn't it? :(

Do many people still drink carbonated muck by choice?

Only Canada Dry ginger ale a couple of times a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

A few days ago I forgot my flask of tea for lunch .......... got a diet Pepsi from the dispenser at work. Almost puked after the first mouthful. Down the sink and filled the bottle with water. Far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

It's swill, it leaves an aweful after-taste, sticky teeth and diabetes in its wake...

Am partial to a diet coke all the same - but it has to be diet

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

I was expecting something entirely different when I read the title :)

I was expecting a CKY reference :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I like ginger ale

• Registered Users Posts: 81,117 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cokers are Jokers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I love coke. Could drink bottles a day, I try to drink juice now because I hate water and fizzy drinks are clearly the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

Have yee coke taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You need some hookers

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

can't stand it. I'd drink Orangina to best the band though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Not a Coke fan. Pepsi's where it's at and it has to be Diet or Zero. And even then, the only time I drink it is in a Black Russian...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I drink too many fizzy drinks, mainly because I don't like tea or coffee and water can get boring. The most interesting one I've had recently was gingerade, which I had in Bratislava a few weeks ago. Are things like that available anywhere here?
    lahalane wrote: »
    I only drink fizzy drinks if Im hungover and my mouth is all dry and uncomfortable. Not a fan. Especially of coke...unless when it's flat and you can actually taste a bit of the cola.

Often, when I have Coke, I get rid of the fizz by shaking it up a few times. Artificially flat Coke, so long as it's cold, is lovely.

I drink too many fizzy drinks, mainly because I don't like tea or coffee and water can get boring. The most interesting one I've had recently was gingerade, which I had in Bratislava a few weeks ago. Are things like that available anywhere here?

DG Jamaican Ginger Beer is what you want! :D. Not sure where you are, but it's sold in Cork & Dublin.

Or there's always good old Amazon! They sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Can or gram?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

JAYSUS, I TH OUGHT YOU'D TAKEN SOME DRUGS FOR A MINUTE WHEN I READ THE THREAD TITLE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

I do notice a few taxi drivers in Dublin drink Barrs Cream Soda, wonder is it a caffeinated kick?
    I'm not a huge fan of fizzy drinks, but I will get a bottle of Nash's red lemonade now & again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anncoates wrote: »
    JAYSUS, I TH OUGHT YOU'D TAKEN SOME DRUGS FOR A MINUTE WHEN I READ THE THREAD TITLE!!!!

don't know how you jumped to that conclusion, some people eh!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Sgt. Al Powell

Reason is they all mostly use fructose-corn-syrup these days instead of sugar as it's much cheaper.

Think Dr.Pepper, Club Orange and 7-UP are about the only drinks left using real sugar.

If you go into one of those shops selling sweets from the 70s and 80s, you can buy Pepsi Throwback or Coca-Cola Classic, which taste like as close to how they used to as you're gonna get these days.

Everything is made with frankenstein ingredients these days though. Bought a Twix last week and it was unrecognizable in tatse, so much so that I spat it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It's great for shining coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I got 6 cans of cherry coke for the princely sum of 2.98 in deals during the week - fúcking delicious so it is, and what's even better is that no one else in the house likes it, so it's safe in the fridge. Win win, nice one:D

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It's great for shining coins.

My uncle used to be an antiques dealer. He used Coke to clean his silver! :eek: Imagine what that sh1t does to your guts!!!
    I got 6 cans of cherry coke for the princely sum of 2.98 in deals during the week - fúcking delicious so it is, and what's even better is that no one else in the house likes it, so it's safe in the fridge. Win win, nice one:D

Yeah - my husband loves it. I used to bring some over from London as it never used to be sold here. Now I get his fix from Deals. But I limit it! :D

Advertisement