Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Missing DCU Student* - Paul Bunbury

• 04-02-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I apologise for the double post but I think this deserves it.

196086_10150115531996587_681956586_7058603_823038_n.jpg

Paul Bunbury, a DCU Student has recently gone missing. Paul hasn't been seen since Thursday at roughly 4pm in DCU and nobody has been able to contact him. His family are very worried, and are appealing to anybody with information to contact Whitehall Garda Station on 01-6664500.

A group of people are going towards DCU to look for Paul, If you're willing to help look around campus/the park/surrounding areas, everyone's meeting at 2pm today in front of the Helix.

Please pass this message on to anyone you know. Hopefully someone has seen him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Just shared this information for Paul on my FaceBook.........Hoping he will be found safe and well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Jesus, hope he's found well soon. Maybe ask a mod to sticky this for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'm not being a smart arse and i hope he turns up soon. But when i was a student i could have disappeared for days at house parties. Phone lost and whatnot.

I hope he turns up safe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Fair point but none of his friends have heard anything at all and it is very unlike him. He's usually very active online but hasn't logged into anything since he was last seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Bump (sorry if bumps are discouraged but given the circumstances etc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Hope he turns up safe and well...

Know the guys face from around campus and have a few mutual friends.

Never nice to hear of anyone just disappearing unexpectedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Hoping he is found safe and well

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

fingers crossed he is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just added this to my Facebook page, I hope he turns up safe and well. Im based in Galway myself but I have friends in Dublin who are on Facebook and they might well know him.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Thread Stickied.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

Just a quick update..

Dublin bus CCTV has been wiped.. So that's now a dead end..
    (Seems kinda pointless them even having CCTV if it can't be used when needed)

If anyone knows anyone who was in DCU that day and headed for a bus, could they please pass on Pauls description and pass on any information?

After going to Spar - his next move is unknown.

A group of 15-20 searched DCU and some of the surrounding area today with no luck.

Spread the word. Here's hoping he returns safe and well.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zzziltoid

I don't mean to be smart or anything, but the programming society 'Red Brick' have been away in Belgium since Thursday. Is there any possibility that he might be a member of that group? (Maybe he just didn't make it very known he was leaving if this was the case).
    All in all though, hope he turns up safe and well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Attol is or was at least a member of Redbrick so she would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

zzziltoid wrote: »
    I don't mean to be smart or anything, but the programming society 'Red Brick' have been away in Belgium since Thursday. Is there any possibility that he might be a member of that group? (Maybe he just didn't make it very known he was leaving if this was the case).
    All in all though, hope he turns up safe and well!
    I doubt they'd post that they were missing a member if he was with them: http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/

He's definitely not in Belgium, unfortunately. His Laser card was left behind in his room and he doesn't have a valid passport. The people on the trip haven't heard from him either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Saw this on facebook earlier, thought it was some stupid injoke/practical joke, it's awful that it's not.

Hopefully he'll turn up soon, Pyg's a great poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

:(

Hope he's found safe and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I hope too god he is found safe and well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

This is so strange. Hopefully it will all be solved soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Hope Paul is ok and it's all solved soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Anybody know where he was heading to after he left college. Did he go back to his place after college , was his bag there. What was his route home.
    Are people out looking . Walking the route he usually takes home.
    We all thought my mate was missing when we were about 17 . Another mate told us he rang the mas house and she was very upset. HE then told us he was last seen in Artane. So we got the only one of us from the group with a car to drive there. Turned out the chap started the rumour cause he wanted a lift to mcDonalds.

I hope its something silly like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

cloptrop wrote: »
    Anybody know where he was heading to after he left college. Did he go back to his place after college , was his bag there. What was his route home.
    Are people out looking . Walking the route he usually takes home.
    We all thought my mate was missing when we were about 17 . Another mate told us he rang the mas house and she was very upset. HE then told us he was last seen in Artane. So we got the only one of us from the group with a car to drive there. Turned out the chap started the rumour cause he wanted a lift to mcDonalds.

I hope its something silly like this.
    He was see at the Spar beside the Slipper (Matt Weldons) after that no one knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

And where was he living. I take it the gate at the college and the spar were two points in a direction of where he was heading. Their sausage rolls arnt that nice.That hed of gone there out of his way.

He lives on campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

How awful. I hope he will be found soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I assume hospitals have been checked? This is awful news :(

Did he often take walks near any parks in the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Any updates guys :( hope the guy is found safe and well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Shared on my FB.

Please God let him turn up safely!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement