Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madness & Ryan Sheridan - NYE Dublin

• 17-09-2013 10:08pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

We are delighted to announce that Three Ireland are the official sponsor of this year's Three NYE Dublin Festival! With headliners Madness and Ryan Sheridan Music ringing in the New Year, it's going to be an unforgettable night! Tickets go on sale on Thurday 26th of September online at www.nyedublin.ie and in selected Three stores! Tickets priced at €25.00 (+€2.50 booking fee).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭skaface

YEP,should be a good night.. The Strypes are on the bill as well i think :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

skaface wrote: »
    YEP,should be a good night.. The Strypes are on the bill as well i think :cool:

Oh really? Thats a serious line up so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Madness for 25 is good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Ah The Strypes, good because people say so........

Does anyone know what the Capacity is for this concert, thinking of getting a few tickets for this.. bad time of year to try to get accomodation in the big smoke without getting fleeced though:(

• Advertisement

More acts announced for Countdown Concert!

MKS (Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan- the founding members of Sugabaes), hot new act The Strypes and YouTube darlings Seo Linn will join seminal ska band Madness and Ryan Sheridan on stage at the Countdown Concert, in the heart of Dublin city centre on 31st December.

Enjoy stunning 3D Projections on Trinity College as Dublin counts down to midnight. RTÉ will broadcast the event live to homes all over Ireland and across the world.

Anyone been to this before? Whats the deal with drink etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

I see Heineken are a sponsor so I'd assume there will be beer sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭The Dom

Love Madness but a good percentage of the crowd they draw at the best of times tend to be of a certain temperament that doesn't exactly lend itself to a relaxed atmosphere.

I would imagine it being NYE won't exactly help that - hope I'm wrong but I just think it's one step beyond.

The Dom wrote: »
    Love Madness but a good percentage of the crowd they draw at the best of times tend to be of a certain temperament that doesn't exactly lend itself to a relaxed atmosphere.

I would imagine it being NYE won't exactly help that - hope I'm wrong but I just think it's one step beyond.

It wont be the crowd that Madness "draw" that will be the problem in Dublin on Nye.
    I take it that you haven't seen Madness live before.. I on the other hand have seen them live over a dozen times over the years and never had any problems.

It wont be the crowd that Madness "draw" that will be the problem in Dublin on Nye.
    I take it that you haven't seen Madness live before.. I on the other hand have seen them live over a dozen times over the years and never had any problems.

Wasn't planning on going to this.. Got a nice surprise from the OH this morning.. 2 tkts for the gig and hotel booked for the night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

More acts announced for Countdown Concert!

MKS (Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan- the founding members of Sugabaes), hot new act The Strypes and YouTube darlings Seo Linn will join seminal ska band Madness and Ryan Sheridan on stage at the Countdown Concert, in the heart of Dublin city centre on 31st December.

Enjoy stunning 3D Projections on Trinity College as Dublin counts down to midnight. RTÉ will broadcast the event live to homes all over Ireland and across the world.

Anyone been to this before? Whats the deal with drink etc

Was at this last year. Everyone just has drink on them on the street. Good craic.

Duff wrote: »
    Was at this last year. Everyone just has drink on them on the street. Good craic.

Were they selling drink in the area where the band plays? if so what was the price and what were they selling

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Were they selling drink in the area where the band plays? if so what was the price and what were they selling

There was a beer tent setup all right where you could get your plastic cup of piss :pac: I didnt use it at all last year so I cant remember the prices / beers. Heineken anyway. Not sure whether to go again this year. I did have fun before but the sound was dire. Madness will be great craic though id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Joaquin Thundering Tool

Is there re-entry allowed?

Would be interested in catching The Strypes, then hitting the pub for a few hours skipping Ryan Sheridan and MKS, and back in for Madness

nm wrote: »
    Is there re-entry allowed?

Would be interested in catching The Strypes, then hitting the pub for a few hours skipping Ryan Sheridan and MKS, and back in for Madness

Yea. Was thinking the same myself.. The Strypes would have been the ideal Act on before MADNESS..
    I suppose a lot of the Madness crowd will be
    In The Foggy Dew earlier in the day.. Anyone know if they are having a Pre-,gig there?

Yea. Was thinking the same myself.. The Strypes would have been the ideal Act on before MADNESS..
    I suppose a lot of the Madness crowd will be
    In The Foggy Dew earlier in the day.. Anyone know if they are having a Pre-,gig there?

Just on the way up to Dublin now..lashing rain here in Waterford

Great gig last night
    Madness were in great form. as were the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Madness were great. Still going strong after all the years.

Who were the Special Guests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

did Madness continue to play after the live television broadcast ended on RTE 1.

I'd be interested to know how long they played.

judging by the broadcast on television, they came on around 11.40-11.45 and the broadcast ended about 12.45am. Did they continue playing after that?

(http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10238397/)

the special guests were the original line up of The Sugababes and Ryan Sheridan

• Advertisement

Madness played for am hour and 10 minutes.. They usually play an hour and a half, but to be fair to them there was a Cerfew in place that everything had to be
    Wrapped up for 1 o clock.. N B T Ciaro was the last song, finishing at just gone 10 to 1.
    No complaints, Madness were excellent on
    The night, and everyone had a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Madness played for am hour and 10 minutes.. They usually play an hour and a half, but to be fair to them there was a Cerfew in place that everything had to be
    Wrapped up for 1 o clock.. N B T Ciaro was the last song, finishing at just gone 10 to 1.
    No complaints, Madness were excellent on
    The night, and everyone had a great night.

thanks for the info, I think therefore that RTE showed all of Madness's set?

or that the last song was concluding when the broadcast ended

Found out Kodaline were meant to be the "special guests" but pulled out at some stage and thats why Waking On Cars played

They played B&B man when they went to Limerick live for The Strypes I think.. Showed all the rest I.think.
    Edit: I actually missed The Strypes.. Went I'm at 10 past 9,and they had just finished:-(
    Thought they were not on until after 9!!

Advertisement