Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭bumble1

Hi guys

I'm in urgent need of these papers. My mocks start on Monday and due to family matters I haven't been able to study

I need these papers

Accounting (HL)
    Business (HL)
    Economics (HL)
    French (OL)
    Irish (OL)
    English (HL)

I think my school uses Examcraft but I need the DEB papers too

PM me if you want

Thank you !!

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    anyone need HL geog, HL economics, HL english, HL irish, HL Physics, OL maths? all deb

I need Economics !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rebby94

bumble1 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I'm in urgent need of these papers. My mocks start on Monday and due to family matters I haven't been able to study

I need these papers

Accounting (HL)
    Business (HL)
    Economics (HL)
    French (OL)
    Irish (OL)
    English (HL)

PM me if you want

Thank you !!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&key=0AguQN1lPsoGFdHdZMzZDNmdZdFZwdFFxazI3N2RNa2c&f=true&noheader=true&gid=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rebby94

i got my business paper back , they don't even correct the papers properly in the short questions i have 3 answers exactly like is written in the book but they give 0 WHY ?

I got mine back yesterday too, looking over it now and I have the same problem. 0 where I should have gained marks. Others in my class that usually get A's all got in the 60's.. My teacher actually recorrected one exam and it went up by 8%. I'm so angry now though because the grade I received doesn't show my ability and how well I knew what came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mido4

any one has english ordinary lvl deb paper really need it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hellothereu

Hi guys

I need these papers

Accounting (HL)
    Business (HL)
    Economics (HL)
    French (OL)
    Irish (OL)
    English (HL)

PM me if you want

Thank you !!

i did business hl deb:
    short qs are all on the sreadsheet u were linked...... long questions that i did were on 2 ways to terminate a contract, 2 valid elemts of a contract like agreement and capacity etc.... then reasons for a ligitimate trade dispute.....evaluate role of the LRC......co op and competitve re;lationships between employers and employees and example......another q was performance appraisal and benefits,, benefits of market research,, and something else here cnt remeber qs exactly wat was which question but there was on internal sources of bus ideas,, reasons fr expanision of business,, development process of a product,, abq was tqm and benefits,, 2 elements of marketing mix and then basically know about debt and equity capital and how to evaluate them and which u wud recommend as a source of finance.....other qs were importance of communication 2 types of leaders and then gross and net profit margins and comment on their trends...other qs were on climate of bus (something like that i didn do it),, social responsibility of bus and clmmunity development.....benefits of teamwork,,thats all i can remember cause i dont have the ppr with me sorry!!

english deb was :
    speech obama gave in ireland,, adeen roche and somethin else with b qa radio talk on importance of education and others were bout young ppl voting and recommend some1 fr young person of yr award,,,,essays were bout a change in the life of central charcter a sppech on future is in our own hands ,, somethin else on however bad wintr is spring is always round the corner,,,, ppr 2 was heaney,plath,,kinsella,,larkin as poets.....hamlet : theme of deception or hamlet even tho not perfect deserves sympathy and admiration from audience...discuss,, literary genre and vision n viewpoint fr comparitive and were general enough....

Mod Note: Spoilers!! Read the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Anyone got Biology (OL) DEB

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chemystery

Can somebody PLEASE email me the DEB HL Biology paper?
    I have it on Monday & I want to be sure I'm prepared enough for it!
    My email is <snip>

Thank you so much :)

Mod note: Do not put your email address up on a public website.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Does anone know whats coming up on biology and history ORDINARY LEVEL for the Mocks??? I'm not the best at history and bio and really want to get a good grade and the two exams are on tuesday. Please help and give me tips and advice for the two :)

Did anyone get there results yet? How did you do???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭dovahkiin

Anyone have the q5 short questions from physics examcraft HL?

• Advertisement

If anybody has the exact questions for the Examcraft and DEB Economics (HL) paper could they tell me please

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

chemystery wrote: »
    Can somebody PLEASE email me the DEB HL Biology paper?
    Likewise. Can somebody please give me the DEB Biology

anyone do ordinary lvl english examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Anyone have DEB Construction HL paper PLEASE ? :(
    Drop me a PM if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clo94

If anybody has the exact questions for the Examcraft and DEB Economics (HL) paper could they tell me please

I've done DEB economics on friday, unfortunatelly I dont have the exact questions because you have to write on the paper because of short questions..But if you need any spoilers I can give them to you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ChocolateDonut

I did the examcraft HL Economics paper, a lot of it is just common sense and using your economics Initiative :-P like I had absolutely zero study done, was completely unprepared and I was able to bluff everything! It's quite a bluffable paper, least the examcraft one is anyways.

Tbh the google spreadsheet for it is a bit too vague, I chanced looking at it the night before but gave up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HCCCM

Anyone have maths paper 2 hl examcraft have everything else paperwise

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

HCCCM wrote: »
    Anyone have maths paper 2 hl examcraft have everything else paperwise

its all on the google document thing...but here it is! just cause i know how stressful maths is..

theorom is the one with the parallel lines cutting a transveral into equal sections
    z scores
    q8 is quite nasty, need in depth knowledge of circle, how to get arc length
    Lots of bar charts and a scatter graph
    Know your collary proof

know probability, getting equation of line when given point and area of triangle it makes with x and y axis.
    know corrolary definition, example and therom the example derived from.
    lots of statistics and charts on road deaths(know scatter graps,casual relationships,correlation, be able to choose a graph to draw when given statistics and reasons why)graphs of trigonometric functions( a sin bx) what happens graph when a is multiplied by n, and same for b.
    circle equations: given radius and point on circle and line that centre lies on.get two equations.
    know how to get arc length,radius of a semi circle when bottom part of semi circle in missing.(similar to project maths sheet with aeroplane in tunnel)
    surface area of green house tunnel.
    z-scores. mean and standard deviation of graph that looks like a normal distribution but distorted by one point

Mod note: You've posted enough on this thread to know to use spoilers - next time it's a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sophiiieee

anyone who need them:

biology hl examcraft
    q1 is food i cant remember the exact questions but it wasnt very difficult,
    one of the short questions was on mitosis, metaphase is given and you had to draw and label the next stage which is anaphase, another short questions was on mRNA and tRNA, you had to know what the t in tRNA stands for, how rna joins to a ribose or something like that
    Q5 and 6 were on Auxins/ Plant Growth Regulators and plant reproduction im not sure of the exact questions because i havent done thoses section yet so i skipped them.
    know the osmosis experiment and the effect of ph on enzymes experiment, the third experiment question was a mix of expirments, why do you cut open the aorta and pulmonary artery in disecting a heart, know scientific method/reseach and creating alcohol using yeast experiment
    long questions
    Q10 DNA know where in the cell DNA is found other than nucleus and is it the mother or father you get this dna from and what is this called, there is a gentetic cross in this question aswell it is not a difficul on though as theres is no linked genes or other complicated diamgrams stuff etc
    Q11 is on virus and fungi there is a diagram of fungi, you need to know a benefit of virus, then there was a diagram of the bacterica curve you needed to name the lag and log stage and say reason for the different shapes on the curve,
    Q12 was ecology, definitions werent asked had to describe a quanitative survey and draw the predator prey relationship graph
    Q13 had photosynthesis know the dark stage and respiration know the kerbs cycle
    Q14 A had the skeleton and muscle, know the different detween red and yellow bone marrow, know about asteloblasts, what protein and calcium is needed for,
    B about a diacot stem had to draw a transvere section of a diacot stem and explain how you looked at it under a micoscope
    C was on the human defense system/ immune system i havent done this so i dont know the question but you only had to do two out or a b and c
    Q15 A plant reproduction, B is homeosatisis and C is to write a note on 3 of the following survival times for sperm and ova, adaptation of wind pollinated flowers, transpiration stream, pollution and again you only had to do 2 out of A b and c

Irish Hl examcraft
    aiste is the new ireland is a multicultural country, problem of the environment is a problem without a solution, how the recession affects young people there was also a debate on what the government does has little effect on solving problems
    paper two colsaradh, know the poet the setting images and how it affects you
    hurlamacboc and an triail is that even though padraig is wrong he is not the only one to blame for maire death

English DEB hl
    Hamlet - Hamlet isn't perfect but deserves admiration and sympathy, and deception as a fundamental theme.
    deception is a key theme discuss
    Poetry - Plath shows fear and doubt through honesty,
    Heaney gives an insight into natural everyday experiences with precise language and innovative imagery or something,
    Kinsell, and
    Larkin.
    Unseen - First Lesson, by Phyllis McGinley
    comparative is : write an essay comparing how the presentation of the general vision and viewpoint in at least two texts you have studied in your comparitive course shaped your response to the texts
    litery genre something about it geving us a better understanding of texts

DEB geography hl
    short questions were easy enough, identify rocks, read graphs, os map, have the paper if you need exact questions pm me

physical:
    Q1: not sure of first part
    karst region
    folding and faulting
    Q2 river diagram
    os map identify feature of glacier or mass movement
    how human interfer with coastal processes, mass movement of river process
    Q3 map or plate boundaries
    Discuss two weathering or carbonations, freeze thaw action, exfoliation not sure what the forth was
    how man interacts with the rock cycle
    Regional
    Q4 sketch map
    Development of a urban area in sub continental/ continental region
    Population distribution cannot remember what region
    Q5 reading a chart
    Agriculture in one irish region
    How expansion of European union has effect one member state economic and or culture
    Q6 contrast secondary activite in two European regions
    Concept of a region

French DEB hl
    2 comprehensions were tough, first one was on tourism in france & I havent a notion what the second one was about! something to do with a man and woman fighting, i actually couldnt understand a full sentence of it!
    the other questions were:

O1: (a.) write about, history, culture & people affecting tourism in a country
    (b.) discrimination in ireland

Q2: Diary- Fight with a friend that ended your long term relationship together (people were saying it was a fight with your girl/boy friend because of the way it was worded but in the question didnt say petie ami just copine? so i just done a general one that could be either)
    letter- Visiting Normandy with your friends

Q3. (a.) a poster that said 'say no to violence in schools' and you had to give your response to it
    (b.) write a piece on the importance/benefit of being able to speak more than one language

Q4. (a.) Emmigration
    (b.) didnt understand it, but it was something to do with studying & school?

& i think in one of the reading comps it asked for an example of the plus que parfait so just be able to recognise

Maths examcraft hl
    the first principle was square root of x
    it was not too bad a paper at all dont worry
    differentiation, know asymtotes
    know proof by induction to prove something is divasable by a number
    for integration on is where you have to do division fist the other is subsitution and then there is a question on gettin area between curve and x axis by intergration, cannot remember it all right now but i have the paper at home if you send me your email address i can scan it and email you the paper

Paper 2 - theorem is the parallel lines with the line transversal, know gettin equation of a circle when given point radius etc, probablility question, know the sin and cos graphs like what happens if you change it eg 2sinx or sin2x same with cos and be able draw it or explain what happens last long question is a green house tunnel and you hae to find lenghts and stuff scatter graphs and devatition on it aswell

have also done hl home ec deb, and also done music

pm me if you need any more information :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hellothereu, you've had more than enough warnings re: textspeak, which you have chosen to completely ignore; the next time you post in textspeak here, it's a ban.

The same applies to you, mido, re: both textspeak and needless repetition / spamming of posts.

• Advertisement

i dont get it what do u mean textspeak

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

mido4 wrote: »
    i dont get it what do u mean textspeak

The words are 'you', not 'u', 'I', not 'i', 'don't' not 'dont'.

Please don't pretend you don't know that.

Next time you do it, you will be taking a break from the forum. You have had enough warnings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭dovahkiin

Anyone know what came up in q5 examcraft physics? the short questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tom Wilis 69

Does anyone have the DEB Chemistry and Biology papers?(Both HL)
    I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Helloworld2012

Rebby94 wrote: »
    I got mine back yesterday too, looking over it now and I have the same problem. 0 where I should have gained marks. Others in my class that usually get A's all got in the 60's.. My teacher actually recorrected one exam and it went up by 8%. I'm so angry now though because the grade I received doesn't show my ability and how well I knew what came up.

Exactly , that's how I felt is not fair at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clo94

Does anyone have the DEB Chemistry and Biology papers?(Both HL)
    I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help.

I have the Chemistry paper, I did biology as well but I don't have the paper..If you want me to send you the chemistry one , pm me your email ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BusinessMocks

Does anyone have maths paper2 OL examcraft ??? exams tomorrow and im screwed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 AengusMB

Hey lads, Just wondering if anyone could let me know what poets are coming up in the Examcraft English HL paper? (If that's the one with
    something to do with the women in the Hamlet question.
    )

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

AengusMB wrote: »
    Hey lads, Just wondering if anyone could let me know what poets are coming up in the Examcraft English HL paper? (If that's the one with
    something to do with the women in the Hamlet question.
    )

Cheers.
    Seamus Heaney, Thomas Kinsella, Philip Larkin, Sylvia Plath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 basti2

Any hints for HL DEB Technology ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement