Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

• 10-04-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

If your going to work for example. How much time do you need to give yourself? What's your routine? Do you have breakfast then get ready? Do you lay your clothes out the night before?

When I have work early I'm always in such a tizzy. I never give myself enough time to do my hair nicely and put on some make up so I always end up rushing. Then I get to work and there is loads of women floating around looking perfect :rolleyes:

How long does your make up etc take in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

If I have college at 9am I get up at about 8.20am. Have a shower, get dressed, dry my hair, put on make-up (if I can be bothered), have some porridge and out the door at 8.50am..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

About 45 minutes including shower, dry hair, curl hair, do make up, get dressed. I'm not a big breakfast-y person so I'll just have something to eat at around 11 in work/college. I am most definitely not a morning person so I have the routine down to the minute to maximise my sleep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

45 mins. 15 mins teeth, wash & shower, hair washed night before but might take 10 mins to style, 10 mins makeup and 10 mins to decide on an outfit cos I dont like the one i picked out the night before:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Half an hour, max. My hair is pretty much wash & go and make-up is a 5 minute job. The rest of the time is spent trying to find something edible for breakfast and faffing around :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Usually start getting ready about half an hour before I need to leave the house, get dressed, have porridge for breakfast, make my lunch and do the bare minimum of preparation before I head out the door.

No matter how early I get up, I always seem to be rushing and never get a chance to do anymore then the bare minimum (wash face and teeth, brush and tie back hair). I'm always a bit jealous of those that put the time and the energy into looking good in the mornings though not jealous enough to actually get up a bit earlier. Don't know what I do be up to in the mornings at all, I don't know how the rest of ye manage to get so much done in half an hour in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Half an hour to 45 minutes depending on whether a shower is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

If I don't have a shower it takes me about 10 mins. Less even!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

10-15 minutes on a work morning, I can't wake up early, cannot trick myself out of bed till the very last minute. Shower & hair sorted the night before (takes way too long to dry before work), out of bed, clothes on, panickily try to find keys, arrive blinking at luas stop, furtively check myself for pyjama bottoms still on etc. I suck at mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It takes me about 40 minutes and that includes taking a shower and washing and drying my hair which is quite long, and putting on make up.

To be honest, I generally don't eat breakfast until I'm in the car or at college. I choose extra sleep over eating at home. That's probably stupid but that's how it is.

As for laying clothes out the night before, no. I just grab something from my wardrobe in the morning.

I am generally always in a rush in the mornings though but that's because I cut into my getting ready time by pressing snooze repeatedly.

I can get ready faster, in about 20 minutes, if I don't dry my hair and don't wear make up or just apply make up minimally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

5 - converse with self until one convinces oneself to rise.
    5 - stumble around in the morning cold looking for clothes that smell clean and unravel
    10 - make coffee, put some on dodgy smelling flask, grab lunch, eat cereal, leave bowl steeping in sink.
    5 - stumble about some more - check all items needed are in bag along with bus ticket, look at window to see if umbrella or gloves will be in order today and choose footwear accordingly.
    5 - Well time seems to warp here and disappear and five minutes seem to vanish between the time I decide I'm ready and when I am locking the door so a run down the hill for the bus is in order.

I hate rushing.

So I give it an hour, just to give myself the time.

Usually decide what i'm wearing the night before, or else I could be there for hours.

Shower, dry hair, straighten hair.. do make up.
    I wash my hair every day. I hate day old hair.

I used to take a good ten minutes for a fag and a cup of coffee.
    But I've quit yay :D

Always eat breakfast - just cereal.

Out the door.. usually still late for my lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

It varies from 10mins to an hour.

10mins routine would be - get up, brush teeth, wash face, brush and tie up hair, get dressed and no breakfast.

1 hour routine would be - get up, shower and wash hair, brush teeth, blow dry hair and style, apply makeup, get dressed, make tea and have some toast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I can get ready in ten minutes but I can't go anywhere without my morning smoke and cup of tea, which can take as long as it needs. ages in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Normally I would have clothes and bag laid out the night before. I prefer having a shower before bedtime and I hate rushing in the mornings.

For a while now it has all gone to crap due to the black dog on my shoulder, I want to get back to education. I have **** all self esteem at the mo...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Could not go to work with out a shower!!
    Me, im not allowed to wear makeup, and im stuck in a boiler suit and hard hat all day, so i dont have to do make up or hair.
    Shower and cup of tea, and i dont rush my first cup of tea ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

I'm like a Zombie in the morning.

I would gladly swap hygiene for sleep…..

I would kill for more sleep ….. Please let me kill for more sleep !!!!

If I wake up late after a late night (which is usually the case) I will have my morning loud fart before I put on my workclothes, then I take a p!ss and walk out the door.

I don't speak to anybody prior to 11 o clock on a weekday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Jaysus, I couldn't be doing with hair straighteners and makeup in the mornings. Or at all, usually.

Takes me 10 - 15 mins to get ready. Routine is pile out of bed, straight into the shower, brush teeth. I have curly hair so I let it dry naturally, no hairdryers for me. Chuck on whatever is handy (no office attire here) with some deodorant and moisturiser and I'm done. Out the door. I absolutely hate getting up early and faffing about, it drives me mad. That's precious bed time being wasted!

I hardly ever wear makeup - maybe once or twice a year, for a wedding or a big party or something. I certainly can't imagine wearing it everyday. Is it not a total pain in the arse? Do you get dependent on it, i.e. 'Oh I can't go out without putting my face on' kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Jaysus, I couldn't be doing with hair straighteners and makeup in the mornings. Or at all, usually.

Takes me 10 - 15 mins to get ready. Routine is pile out of bed, straight into the shower, brush teeth. I have curly hair so I let it dry naturally, no hairdryers for me. Chuck on whatever is handy (no office attire here) with some deodorant and moisturiser and I'm done. Out the door. I absolutely hate getting up early and faffing about, it drives me mad. That's precious bed time being wasted!

I hardly ever wear makeup - maybe once or twice a year, for a wedding or a big party or something. I certainly can't imagine wearing it everyday. Is it not a total pain in the arse? Do you get dependent on it, i.e. 'Oh I can't go out without putting my face on' kind of thing?

Same as me. I never wear makeup or do hair for work, and cant be bothered with it on my days off either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Susie_Q wrote: »

I couldn't contemplate going to work without a lick of makeup on, it's sort of like war paint to me, I feel unprofessional and self conscious without it. It's sort of like my game face, and whether or not people actually would notice if I went without, the preoccupation that my skin is blotchy/dull/I look tired and pale is too stressful to not make the effort in the morning.

Saying that, I'm the world's worst morning person and try to do as much as possible the night before. I rarely eat breakfast because I regularly forfeit the opportunity for an extra five minutes in bed, if I don't do my hair the night before it gets thrown back into a bun because I can't face the straightening ordeal when I'm half asleep. Lunch, deciding what to wear and packing my bag get done the night before. What with showering, skin care, makeup and getting dressed, I'm usually good to go after 30 - 40 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

If showering 15 mins. If not about 7! Have got into the habit of layout out clothes the night before, which means no thinking until I actually get to work.

No make up for work and the curly hair dries naturally. Takes me a good hour to straighten it and there's no way I'm doing that for work!

Im working in Saudi at the minute and living on a compound where I work, so up this morning at 7, showered, dressed and sitting at my desk by 7.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Around 45mins for me when I'm working the early shift. I have it timed around the program on Radio 1 tbh.

Up at 5.45, in the shower by 5.50 latest. Have to be out of the shower before the end of the sea area forecast, dress and dry hair, 15-20mins for a relaxed-ish breakfast and then out the door by 6.30.

I try to have my handbag/uniforms all ready to go but other than that I shove on whatever is weather appropriate. When I'm on the late shift, it takes me at least an hour to stop hitting snooze. God I want to be back in bed...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

half an hour
    less if it's a "not washing my hair" day
    half of that is sitting around with a cup of tea or protein shake
    i don't wear makeup during the day unless i have a client meeting or whatever and even so it takes about 5 mins to throw on eyeliner and powder
    clothes are organised the night before, if they're not laid out, i've at least checked i know what i'm going to wear and i've ironed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

bluewolf wrote: »
    half an hour
    less if it's a "not washing my hair" day
    half of that is sitting around with a cup of tea or protein shake
    i don't wear makeup during the day unless i have a client meeting or whatever and even so it takes about 5 mins to throw on eyeliner and powder

clothes are organised the night before, if they're not laid out, i've at least checked i know what i'm going to wear and i've ironed it

40 mins, and the reason being is that I absolutely hate showering at night time, I much prefer to get up earlier... But I do procrastinate and then sometimes have to bring my make up to work... Heehee!! Right now I should be packing as I have to go to Dublin for work for the next few days. Ugh. Effort!!

I'm doing it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I takes me about an hour and a half. I absoluely hate rushing in the morning. That time is spent showering, combing hair, brushing teeth, making lunch, fill bag. I dont wear make up and never dry my hair as it would take ages. And I love a proper breakfast like poached eggs and I have a slow cooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I hate rushing as well, but I can easily be ready in 15 minutes at a leisurely pace.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

it takes me about 10 mins, up dressed, brush teeth out the door

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

25 minutes. Up, shower, dry hair, dress, out the door. I do my makeup in the bathroom at work. I'd arrive at the office looking like Shrek if I were to do it at home, no painting of the face when I'm functioning at less than full speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'm kind of a morning person so I don't mind getting up early. I start work at 9am and leave the house about 8.40am. Get up about an hour before that, depending on whether I'm woken by alarm clock or hungry cat who knows it's about time for me to get his breakfast :)

Shower, dry hair, make-up, get dressed, breakfast. I like relaxing over breakfast and reading or listening to the radio so I could probably manage 30 mins if I had to rush it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I cycle to work so hair and make-up are done at work. I also eat my breakfast at work!

Generally about 30min, but sometimes 45 min (I just faff for the extra 15 min).

Get up, wash teeth and face (I shower in the evening due to cycling), get warm water, make tea, drink water, pack bag with lunch, breakfast, tea and clothes. Check I have everything. Get dressed in my super sexy cycling gear, leave and cycle half asleep to work :o

Advertisement