Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A plea to Ganley to enter the Dáil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Unless he's a spy, is he an international Man of Mystery??

That's exactly what he is. Except this mystery has been slowly unravelled over time and it's doesn't paint a pretty picture. There's a lot more we need to know about this guy, problem is it's been classified in the States so we will never get to know.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As for his nationality, I have multiple nationality, so what about it? If he's Irish, then his other nationalities don't really matter. Unless he's a spy, is he an international Man of Mystery??
    The problem is that he appears to be in denial somewhat about his UK citizenship!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

DubTony wrote: »
    And don't forget that he wouldn't need his hair done on a FAS junket, so this guy could save us some money.

There's a simple reason why he would never get elected to anything in this country. HIS ACCENT.
    I'd disagree there Tony. Erskine Childers and Martin Mansergh had/have much toffier accents and sill got elected (on FF tickets of all places!). I am a bit less skeptical of Ganley than most here. I think I'd have more faith in the likes of him being able to cut the public sector wage bill than the gombeens currently in there.

Has Ganley ever stolen hundreds of thousands of euro in taxpayer's money in junkets and other scandalously lavish expenses? Nope. i'd take him over John 'Limo' O'Donoghue any day I have to say.

Still though, prefer to get ordinary irish people in to Dail Eireann ahead of Declan Ganley.

murphaph wrote: »
    I'd disagree there Tony. Erskine Childers and Martin Mansergh had/have much toffier accents and sill got elected (on FF tickets of all places!)

+1 His accent has nothing to do with it. We have never had a problem in this country of electing, or embracing people with 'foreign' accents/from abroad once they put Ireland first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 notolis

Oh, no...we couldn't possibly have an articulate, intelligent, coherent, educated person in the Dáil!!! That's why we have a complete shower of gob****es running the country...ALL BECAUSE OF YOU PEOPLE!!!! The whole place has been run to the ground, scandal after scandal, but we're forgetting something...THEY WERE ELECTED BY A CLUELESS, IGNORANT SHOWER OF ELECTORAL SHEEP AND YES MEN.

Get after the scum in the Dáil and not the likes of Declan Ganley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

It's always good to have dissenters and detractors in government. Keeps democracy and debate alive.

Once again, how is the act of having a vocal independant TD keeping the institution of democracy alive???

Have people forgotten the definition of demoracy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ganley would add as much to the Dáil as Lee is currently doing. There would be a great big fanfare as per Lee but I have not heard a single word about him (Lee) since he got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

darkman2 wrote: »
    I reckon we need a Ganley in the Dáil - what do you think? A bit of democracy and accountability does no harm.

Which part of Ganley is accountable? His multi-million dollar defence contracts with the US? The funding of his party?
    Do explain. How has Ganley been "accountable" exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Justind wrote: »
    Which part of Ganley is accountable? His multi-million dollar defence contracts with the US? The funding of his party?
    Do explain. How has Ganley been "accountable" exactly?

Ganley's been accountable for funding to the current (FF drafted) legislation.

I would welcome his running for the Dáil purely for his debating ability and willingness to challenge others on their policies, though he may not get a seat in Gaway East

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ganley's been accountable for funding to the current (FF drafted) legislation
    Why no previous mention of certain Hedge Fund organisations from the UK so?
    Why did he say he never had a British passport before when in fact he did?

A self-serving bullsh*tter no different to the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Ah ffs not that guy! :D

its like inviting Hitler to rock the boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 odoylerulez

So people are angry because Ganley is british, yet they don't mind handing over their countries sovereignty out to bureaucrats from france, germany and italy?.

Look to be honest the proof will be seen in the coming months. Ganley was simply telling you guys the truth about whats going on and the majority of people instead of listening decided to put their fingers in the ears and start screaming loudly 'i can't hear you' or just ridicule the guy.

Its ok because in the end of the day you reap what you sow. The proof of what lisbon is really all about will be seen shortly after its ratified(soon) If you think things are bad now. The main problem with people in this country is we're become lazy and selfish so much so that we have handed every last inch of freedom we have over to someone else in exchange for goods or services or the promise of a non existant jobs. We're too lazy even to defend our own freedoms.

Anyone who comes along and tells people the truth about whats going on is normally treated like this. First it's outright hostility towards the guy, then denial, then finally acceptance of what he saying is true when the facts become obvious beyond dispute. You will see this happening with lisbon too. Anyone who has properly examined it in full detail know what its really about also. People have become cosy and lazy with their lifestyles. They don't want to accept the fact that everything is immaterial and the only thing that really matters is your own freedom to do whatever you want but slowly inch by inch that is been taken away from people. People are just in the denial stage at the moment where they are denying the truth and hoping this will bring better things to add to their already comfortable lifestyles i.e the middle class. The working classes who always get the short end of the straw voted on masse against this. The middle class voted yes for this but will soon see also that this treaty will mean the lumping of workers all into one group. Underclass and elites.

It will become apparent later on whats going on then i expect the masses to react.

So people are angry because Ganley is british, yet they don't mind handing over their countries sovereignty out to bureaucrats from france, germany and italy?
    . . .
    Personally I'd rather die a free man then live on my knees as a slave.

Oh relax with the melodrama.
    I mentioned his denial of his passport history simply because he lied. I don't give a stuff if he was an Albanian.

Ganley was not telling the truth. He was ignoring the legal guarantees and cherry-picking snippets of the treaty to misinform.
    If that suits you, then fine. It doesn't with me.

So people are angry because Ganley is british, yet they don't mind handing over their countries sovereignty out to bureaucrats from france, germany and italy?.

my list against Ganley (feel free to add!)

1. no one knows what country he is a citizen of

2. he is rude

3. Declan Ganley wants a United States of Europe

4. he moved his business to tax heavens in order to avoid paying taxes here

5. connections with euro skeptics here and here

6. having US military personnel who are responsible for starting wars on his company

7. he lies

8. he has no clear policy!

9. he is a failed politician

10. he is under investigation and has dodgy backers

we already have a shower of bleep bleep in Dail, we dont need opportunists like Ganley

Justind wrote: »
    Oh relax with the melodrama.
    I mentioned his denial of his passport history simply because he lied. I don't give a stuff if he was an Albanian.

Ganley was not telling the truth. He was ignoring the legal guarantees and cherry-picking snippets of the treaty to misinform.
    If that suits you, then fine. It doesn't with me.

My friend when there is one group running the whole show a legal gaurentee from politicians is as good as a used car salesmans promise. Its amazing how people are clinging onto this not realising the implications of it. Who's going to court when they break it(which they will) the people? Do you think the government will side against their political masters in brussels over the people's freedoms. Do you not think the bureacrats in brussels have all the judge's in their back pockets even at an international level? Your not paying attention to the governments history and past actions then i'd suggest.

Its amazing how naieve people are. To give away their countries freedoms and sovereignty based on a 'legal gaurentee' is showing how much you value your own country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

My friend when there is one group running the whole show a legal guarantee is as good as a used car salesmans promise.

True, like a military man selling weapons either! :rolleyes:
    Its amazing how naive people are.

This is true as well. He stands up in this country for ONE issue and some people are willing to sell him the whole shop - why?
    Because he speaks well!

Naive indeed. Some supporters are like a horse wearing blinkers!

Biggins wrote: »
    True, like a military man selling weapons either! :rolleyes:

This is true as well. He stands up in this country for ONE issue and some people are willing to sell him the whole shop - why?
    Because he speaks well!

Naive indeed. Some supporters are like a horse wearing blinkers!

Well there is something to be said for dressing well and appearing presentable and keeping your voice level low which i dunno appeals to the public. I mean that still does stand for something you know rather then appearing slobbish, overweight, inarticulate and boorish in speech. Thats just human nature though people do like to hear and listen to people who are presentable. Or would you show up for an interview with hair messy, food down your clothes dribbling from the mouth?

To top that off he at least presents us with some semblance of reality of whats going on at the top and is calling our corrupt politicans out which is something they really don't like. They like to be surrounded by yes men.

Well there is something to be said for dressing well and appearing presentable and keeping your voice level low which i dunno appeals to the public. I mean that still does stand for something you know rather then appearing slobbish, overweight, inarticulate and boorish in speech.

So we should vote him because he has a shiny new suit, and a shiny new head? :rolleyes: When have a 300 odd million fortune behind me I'll get a pretty decent suit too. Will you vote for me?
    To top that off he at least presents us with some semblance of reality of whats going on at the top and is calling our corrupt politicans out which is something they really don't like. They like to be surrounded by yes men.

He knows what's going on "at the top" does he? From what, his own extensive experience as an elected official? Public representative? Politician?....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well there is something to be said for dressing well and appearing presentable and keeping your voice level low which i dunno appeals to the public. I mean that still does stand for something you know rather then appearing slobbish, overweight, inarticulate and boorish in speech. Thats just human nature though people do like to hear and listen to people who are presentable. Or would you show up for an interview with hair messy, food down your clothes dribbling from the mouth?

O' look for gods sake!

We can grab anybody off the street, dress them up in a suit, ask them to speak on ONE issue - that sure as hell don't make them alternative material.
    Even Hitler came out like Mussolini, Mugabe, Castro, etc and gave out about what went on before and who did it?
    Did that make them any better (than the previous) or are you still missing my point?

Clearly those blinkers are not allowing you to see the full picture and until your willing at at least investigate those your willing to vote for, naivety indeed is still rampant in this country.

My friend when there is one group running the whole show a legal gaurentee from politicians is as good as a used car salesmans promise. Its amazing how people are clinging onto this not realising the implications of it. Who's going to court when they break it(which they will) the people? Do you think the government will side against their political masters in brussels over the people's freedoms. Do you not think the bureacrats in brussels have all the judge's in their back pockets even at an international level? Your not paying attention to the governments history and past actions then i'd suggest
    Discuss your conspiracy theories in the appropriate forum.

If you're going to lecture me on the structure of the EU and its commissions, please read up on it before doing you.
    Otherwise, you look fairly out of your depth on this subject and I'd say underwater if ever away from the net.
    There are far too many delusionaries out there who seem to have some effed-up ideal that the Republic of Ireland can be self-subsistent. They'll even throw out some ridiculous comparisons with Norway and Switzerland.
    Its amazing how naieve people are. To give away their countries freedoms and sovereignty based on a 'legal gaurentee' is showing how much you value your own country.
    A legal guarantee is good enough for its signees here on this island (the Good Friday Agreement). Are you saying that this is worthless?

Sorry, kiddo. Not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Did Ganley announce that he is pro European integration on defence and wouldn't be against a European army ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ei.sdraob wrote: »

I was under the impression that only the President of the USA had the authority to declare war only with Congress's approval unless it was provoked like in Pearl Harbour ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

I love to see ganley in the dail. First act to hang JOD (methaphorically speaking)

Berkut wrote: »
    I was under the impression that only the President of the USA had the authority to declare war only with Congress's approval unless it was provoked like in Pearl Harbour ;)

Richard Myers was the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (2001-2005), Air Force Gen.

under Bush 2 when they went to Iraq

guess whose opinion Bush had to listen to?

guess who was in charge when the Iraq prisoner abuse happened?

some interesting reads

http://www.harpers.org/archive/2009/09/hbc-90005659
    The United States military had a proud record of upholding the Geneva Conventions in the roughly fifty years that followed their restatement in 1949. Suddenly, beginning in 2002, it went off the tracks. The American public first began to focus on that fact in April 2004, when photographs from an American prison in Iraq appeared on Sixty Minutes and in the New Yorker. The photos showed the torture and abuse of prisoners in a specially controlled cellblock containing high-value detainees. Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld, with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Richard B. Myers at his side, pushed back, attributing the incident to “a few bad apples.” That was shortly exposed as a lie, as evidence mounted that the techniques shown in the photographs at Abu Ghraib had in fact been approved by Rumsfeld and were applied, sometimes with fatal consequences, in U.S. prisons around the world–from Bagram in Afghanistan to Guantánamo.

yes the guy in charge of starting that quaqmire is working with Ganley now

and his only one of many on that company

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭jhegarty

General Myers was the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (2001-2005), Air Force Gen.

under Bush2 when they went to Iraq

So he was a solider who followed orders.

Are you suggesting there should have been a coup d'état ?

jhegarty wrote: »
    So he was a solider who followed orders.

Are you suggesting there should have been a coup d'état ?

A soldier who followed orders?

wow just wow

the guy was in charge of the army at the time the war started, he was the one who pitched the idea of War! the only guy in charge of him was The Chief himself > George W. Bush

heres some reading for you

himself and Bush should be dragged to the Hague for war crimes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭jhegarty

A soldier who followed orders?

wow just wow

the guy was in charge of the army at the time the war started, he was the one who pitched the idea of War! the only guy in charge of him was The Chief himself > George W. Bush

heres some reading for you

himself and Bush should be dragged to the Hague for war crimes

So you are in favour of a coup d'état ?

jhegarty wrote: »
    So you are in favour of a coup d'état ?

im in favour of war criminals being charged with what they deserve

he urged Bush to start the war

he could have told him "no this is a bad idea" and Bush would have had to listen, no need for a coup d'état

and now this guy and others from Bush'es inner circle are working for Ganley

tho in hindsight removing Bush would have save north of a million lives in Iraq alone

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Just as an aside was anyone watching Farrage on BBC news 24 yesterday?
    He basically said there is a gap in the market in Ireland for a party.

I can't remember his exact words, but outside of his main message, it was sort of alarming.

I'd agree that there is a gap in the market for a new party and that's where it ends. Either we fill it ourselves or we will get outside rightwingers doing it for us.

As far as ganley is concerned he's a bit of a nothing in nice clothes.
    Simmons was far more the intellectual speaker, saw her on France24 and she was amazing. She doesn't hesitate like Ganley.

As a no voter he did our bidding in the lead up to the referendum but that's where my alliances with them would end.

The laughable end of this for me was Lenihan portraying him as Dr. Evil just days before the referendum.
    Indeed them being able to portray him in such a light lead to many more questions in my mind.

I think that any new party to enter into the irish political stage will be portrayed as the devil.
    I've never seen anything like this before in Irish politics, we are entering into a really interesting time indeed.

• Advertisement

bug wrote: »
    Just as an aside was anyone watching Farrage on BBC news 24 yesterday?
    He basically said there is a gap in the market in Ireland for a party.

I can't remember his exact words, but outside of his main message, it was sort of alarming.

I'd agree that there is a gap in the market for a new party and that's where it ends. Either we fill it ourselves or we will get outside rightwingers doing it for us.

As far as ganley is concerned he's a bit of a nothing in nice clothes.
    Simmons was far more the intellectual speaker, saw her on France24 and she was amazing. She doesn't hesitate like Ganley.

As a no voter he did our bidding in the lead up to the referendum but that's where my alliances with them would end.

The laughable end of this for me was Lenihan portraying him as Dr. Evil just days before the referendum.
    Indeed them being able to portray him in such a light lead to many more questions in my mind.

I think that any new party to enter into the irish political stage will be portrayed as the devil.
    I've never seen anything like this before in Irish politics, we are entering into a really interesting time indeed.

What an inditement of irish politics! lol

Irish politics is one big joke. Family after family getting their inlaws involved you know. Anyone not in the inner circle is treated like an outcast.

Advertisement