Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 crunchyogurt

I feel so hollow most of the time. When Im around people I pretend to be normal and try to be out going but on the inside I feel dead. I start to slip up ever now and then and often wonder do they think Im a weirdo or ignorant. I hate allways being anxious about things that are comming up. If theres some kind of social ocassion comming up I'm anxious for days before it happens. I feel so out of touch with people sometimes. They could be talking about future plans, relationships or what a productive day they had, and I just think to myself that I have missed out on so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What are you like when you're alone? Any better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I feel so hollow most of the time. When Im around people I pretend to be normal and try to be out going but on the inside I feel dead. I start to slip up ever now and then and often wonder do they think Im a weirdo or ignorant. I hate allways being anxious about things that are comming up. If theres some kind of social ocassion comming up I'm anxious for days before it happens. I feel so out of touch with people sometimes. They could be talking about future plans, relationships or what a productive day they had, and I just think to myself that I have missed out on so much.

A lot of us on here will relate to how you're feeling so please keep on posting - it does help to get things off your chest and who knows you might even get some useful advice too.

I too feel I've missed out on so much. I try to be positive however I am a very bitter person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Just gotta keep smiling. Bad for morale otherwise.

cloud493 wrote: »

Your own morale or other's?

• Advertisement

jammstarr wrote: »

Both :) Have to keep total control don't you. Or you lose.

Both :) Have to keep total control don't you. Or you lose.

I can see where you're coming from. Just could make you feel a bit false though? Don't want to be a constant downer either I suppose.

I can see where you're coming from. Just could make you feel a bit false though? Don't want to be a constant downer either I suppose.

As long as people see what they need to see, want, what have you, I don't think about it too much.

Down ta fuck again. Changes every couple of hours... god this is hell sometimes. This is why I always worry about feeling good, I know it'll hurt more the more I come down to cold reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fintonagirl

feel like **** at the minute, and feel **** for feeling ****..

feel like a dealt really badly with a situation at work today.. work with challenging behaviour and actually got visibly upset in front of group today because I just couldn't cope with the behaviour, in particular the attitude and language towards me.. its natural in a way, but I'm supposed to be the professional and be able to deal with this stuff but feel like situation got better of me. Hopefully a change coming soon, which is good because I just don't think I'm capable any more.. if I ever really was.

Hopefully its a sunny day tomorrow and I wake feeling brighter.. I had thought that maybe I was doing a bit better but I think I've just been suppressing things and avoiding situations/ things that would make me anxious.

Feel like a teenager, except its not that I wish my life was better or different.. more if someone could sort out my brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Not sure how I'm doing over the past few days, maybe a bit better or maybe a new stage. We'll see.

feel like a dealt really badly with a situation at work today.. work with challenging behaviour and actually got visibly upset in front of group today because I just couldn't cope with the behaviour, in particular the attitude and language towards me.. its natural in a way, but I'm supposed to be the professional and be able to deal with this stuff but feel like situation got better of me. Hopefully a change coming soon, which is good because I just don't think I'm capable any more.. if I ever really was.

Hopefully its a sunny day tomorrow and I wake feeling brighter.. I had thought that maybe I was doing a bit better but I think I've just been suppressing things and avoiding situations/ things that would make me anxious.

Feel like a teenager, except its not that I wish my life was better or different.. more if someone could sort out my brain.

I wouldn't hope for sunny day if I were you... where we live it might lead to disappointment... ye have to stick with whatever has been keeping you well.
    nesf wrote: »
    Not sure how I'm doing over the past few days, maybe a bit better or maybe a new stage. We'll see.

A new stage sounds good, hope ye get to it!

A new stage sounds good, hope ye get to it!

A new stage can go in either direction unfortunately, can only tell in hindsight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Got some valium for the weekend so Il be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Temaz wrote: »
    Got some valium for the weekend so Il be ok!

I could do with some

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

Damn it, cut my hand quite bad yesterday, not sure why I did it instead of doing the usual cuts. Have a big dopey bandage on it today, and dealing with each and every awkward moment a customer asks me what happened..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

OHHH if only someone could sort out our brains !!
    Know how you feel ie feeling like **** for feeling like ****.

Sometimes I wonder do a lot of us have major problems dealing with other people.....and work makes us deal with other people daily !!
    Work is hugh stressor....and the people we work with....

Not sure of a solution except trry like others seem to be able to do to let it roll off your shoulders and dont stress about it ! As if eh ;-)

hope today was a sunnier day for you all round ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

This might sound really weird but I'm feeling ok but terrified today. I feel like I'm sitting around just waiting for my mood to plummet again. I have a mountain of work that needs to get done and I'm scared that if I start into it, it'll just seem like too much so I'm not even going to try it :rolleyes: Bloody brain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Where can I find a list of registered/qualified counsellors? I need to talk to someone, but I am very reluctant to go to my GP.

Aoifums wrote: »
    This might sound really weird but I'm feeling ok but terrified today. I feel like I'm sitting around just waiting for my mood to plummet again. I have a mountain of work that needs to get done and I'm scared that if I start into it, it'll just seem like too much so I'm not even going to try it :rolleyes: Bloody brain!

Yea I'm experiencing that exact same thing alot now that I'm really actively trying to get better. When ye don't have optimism for years of your life, when it comes along it's such a relief you're afraid of doing anything that will make you forget it. I'm afraid to do anything that isn't concentrating on getting better - like reading - because I might lose what I've gained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all

Going anon for this as have a lot of mates on boards I don't want knowing about this.

I don't really know where to start. As s far as I was concerned I've always being a perfectly happy and healthy person. I'm 28, have a great girlfriend who I love dearly and great set of really close friends. Depression or anxiety never once entered my head. If I'm honest I was ignorant to it and its effect. Until last Sunday. Was in my living room with my gf and she was chatting away to me, just random talk, nothing important. Next thing I get this strange feeling. Unlike anything I've ever felt before. I turn to her and say "I don't feel well" and she looks at me and then looks worried and asks me am I gonna faint as I've just turned pale as a ghost instantly. I have no idea whats happening me. My heart starts to pound a million times a minute. My arms and legs get a numbing sensation in them. I feel like there's something wrong with my breathing, I cant get a full breath of air into my lungs. I also have a sensation that I'm about to swallow my tongue. I get up and start pacing up and down outside my house frantically. I fell I have to move. This might sound stupid but I am convinced I am having a heart attack or a stroke or something terrible. I am about to ask my gf to ring for an ambulance or a doctor but I don't.

I try to drink some water but I actually can't swallow it. My heart slowly starts to beat at a more regular pace so I sit down. One minute I'm shivering the next I'm sweating. My gf says to me that she reckons I've had a panic attack when I start explaining what was wrong with me. For the rest of the night and into the next day I cant stop fidgeting, I have to keep moving my hands or legs. I don't sleep for about 48 hours. Ever since then I literally haven't thought about anything other than what happened me. It was without a doubt the worst feeling I've ever had in my life by a mile.

I used to think that a panic attack was something that a person could simply
    "snap out" of if you told them to cop on there's nothing wrong with you. How wrong I was. I've been so anxious and worried about what happened me last Sunday. It hasn't left my mind. I've barely slept. My gf says it probably happened because I've been burning the candle at both ends a bit too much lately. And its true I have been, but I am living in constant fear of having another attack. Which I know is probably the worst thing I can do. Has anyone any advice on how to proceed from here? Thanks for reading.

anononon wrote: »
    Hi all

Going anon for this as have a lot of mates on boards I don't want knowing about this.

I don't really know where to start. As s far as I was concerned I've always being a perfectly happy and healthy person. I'm 28, have a great girlfriend who I love dearly and great set of really close friends. Depression or anxiety never once entered my head. If I'm honest I was ignorant to it and its effect. Until last Sunday. Was in my living room with my gf and she was chatting away to me, just random talk, nothing important. Next thing I get this strange feeling. Unlike anything I've ever felt before. I turn to her and say "I don't feel well" and she looks at me and then looks worried and asks me am I gonna faint as I've just turned pale as a ghost instantly. I have no idea whats happening me. My heart starts to pound a million times a minute. My arms and legs get a numbing sensation in them. I feel like there's something wrong with my breathing, I cant get a full breath of air into my lungs. I also have a sensation that I'm about to swallow my tongue. I get up and start pacing up and down outside my house frantically. I fell I have to move. This might sound stupid but I am convinced I am having a heart attack or a stroke or something terrible. I am about to ask my gf to ring for an ambulance or a doctor but I don't.

I try to drink some water but I actually can't swallow it. My heart slowly starts to beat at a more regular pace so I sit down. One minute I'm shivering the next I'm sweating. My gf says to me that she reckons I've had a panic attack when I start explaining what was wrong with me. For the rest of the night and into the next day I cant stop fidgeting, I have to keep moving my hands or legs. I don't sleep for about 48 hours. Ever since then I literally haven't thought about anything other than what happened me. It was without a doubt the worst feeling I've ever had in my life by a mile.

"snap out" of if you told them to cop on there's nothing wrong with you. How wrong I was. I've been so anxious and worried about what happened me last Sunday. It hasn't left my mind. I've barely slept. My gf says it probably happened because I've been burning the candle at both ends a bit too much lately. And its true I have been, but I am living in constant fear of having another attack. Which I know is probably the worst thing I can do. Has anyone any advice on how to proceed from here? Thanks for reading.

Talk to your GP about it and well done on posting in this thread about it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Having a good day today. Met with the psych nurse for a coffee and everything's been fine since. Hope you're all okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

The weather is doing me good :)

anononon wrote: »
    Hi all

What happened to you is very common. Some people have anxiety based on a simgle event like that but besides going to the GP to be sure, i'd say it's just your body working healthily and you happened to be tuned into it more than usual, which can be disconcerting.

Hope everyones doing ok over the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 crunchyogurt

The last week was a bit of a nightmare. The worst I have felt in a while, thought I was going to have a seroius breakdown. Yesterday I just kept saying to myself, I dont want to be here anymore, I want to just escape it all. Today I just feel numb and emotionally exausted. Its not a great feeling, but compared to how I felt for the last week, its a nice break.

You too man, the weekends can be tough when ye can't go out, ye just know there's a people connecting all over the place but gotta keep sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Had a horrible week feel exhausted, cranky and totally dis-interested in everything. Just want to go to bed and stay there but with work, kids and house I simply cannot do this, instead I have to drag myself through each day with major difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Slept all day, long night ahead:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement