Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Don't seem to have it, PM if you like :)

Ah it was just saying to play 'I Still Remember' by Bloc Party if you had it! I had to go off it though, it won't stream on my iPod so I wouldn't have been able to hear it anyway. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Just caught the last bit, CARK BAH! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Just caught the last bit, CARK BAH! :D

Howan the biys! I'll let ye all know when I'm playing again, sometime at somepoint somewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Ah I missed your show :( judging by th positive reviews here, I think you should have another one so I can hear it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Same, I missed it too :pac: Was up for a bit of Arctic Monkeys or something, ahh well, next time will do :)

• Advertisement

'Twas good now in fairness. :D

Makes me want to do my own radio show, it'd give me an actual excuse for listening to music the whole time! :P

Togepi wrote: »
    'Twas good now in fairness. :D

Makes me want to do my own radio show, it'd give me an actual excuse for listening to music the whole time! :P
    Take up music for the LC, you'd love Gerald Barry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I know trusty M&S is already on the case, but how about yourself being in a Gaelscoil and all that, have you the Ceol CDs?

Eathrin wrote: »
    I know trusty M&S is already on the case, but how about yourself being in a Gaelscoil and all that, have you the Ceol CDs?
    Are those the cd's as gaeilge? That Snág made? Think we have them in our school yeah.. :pac:

Are those the cd's as gaeilge? That Snág made? Think we have them in our school yeah.. :pac:

In that case you must do what it takes to get your hands on them! Togepi and I shall be your besties for life:pac:
    I think they're all brilliant, I wonder if someone like you who spends his whole day speaking Irish does though:D Probably the last thing you want to hear:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Eathrin wrote: »
    In that case you must do what it takes to get your hands on them! Togepi and I shall be your besties for life:pac:
    I think they're all brilliant, I wonder if someone like you who spends his whole day speaking Irish does though:D Probably the last thing you want to hear:)

I completely forgot to ask but the text has been sent and now we can only hope :P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Why is it so easy to just walk out of my school.... :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Ugh, Maths Paper II was horrible! We had ExamCraft and there were
    no constructions in Q6. Q8 wasnt doable, not one person got it out and it was pretty much the equivalent of giving you half of a simultaneous equation. Then we had to find the equation of a line after being given just one point on it and no way of getting a second - the x/y intercepts didnt work because you didnt have a number, you had c.

Honestly I'll be lucky to pass. Something went wrong in literally every question. :mad:

Had Irish I after, was straightforward enough and
    I did 800 words on poverty.
    Dunno how accurate my grammar was though but oh well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

So, my Maths teacher had our results. But then it turns out he was never given my papers and now they're missing. :|

I'll get the rope.

Take up music for the LC, you'd love Gerald Barry ;)

I can only assume he's delightful. However I don't think I'll ever try to find out. :P

I'd be great at Leaving Cert music, grade 349 ukulele player here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

So, my Maths teacher had our results. But then it turns out he was never given my papers and now they're missing. :|

I'll get the rope.
    That's ridiculous.. Ate him! :P

33 days since we started our mocks, went in today expecting 5-6 of them to be back.. Turns out none are back yet.. DEB are feckin' retar*** >:(

I'm getting damn-right pis*ed off waiting at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Had a great laugh in my oral today. :P The examiner was asking me about the teachers and I was saying they're always available and willing to help, especially my french teacher. Then I said that she helped me a lot because i found the grammar "an-difficile" rather than "tres difficile". She then just looked at me with a smile, then i just realised my mistake and shouted "BIEN SUR"!!! It was awful funny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Got C1 in Economics and failed Physics horribly. Want a B1 in Geog and I'd be happy out

33 days since we started our mocks, went in today expecting 5-6 of them to be back.. Turns out none are back yet.. DEB are feckin' retar*** >:(

Same here, I expected Business, French, Irish and Chemistry back today, but NOTHING! :mad: It's not even funny at this stage, we paid good money for such a horrible service.
    Got C1 in Economics and failed Physics horribly. Want a B1 in Geog and I'd be happy out
    Well done on Economics! I'm definitely expecting to fail Chemistry horribly, I mightn't even get 10% :o

Lads, I have detention on Thursday and it's the first time I've been in trouble since 3rd year. I thought my rebellious days were behind me. :(

Did you write on the walls again? :rolleyes: :P

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Did you write on the walls again? :rolleyes: :P

Nope, my principal 'caught' us smoking at the side of the school. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

It's seriously driving everyone in school crazzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyy.. Like over 4 weeks to correct 40 HL Papers in English etc. It's actually a pain in the bal**.. Have your teachers said anything about them?

Ugh, Maths Paper II was horrible!

Honestly I'll be lucky to pass. Something went wrong in literally every question. :mad:

Had Irish I after, was straightforward enough

Was yours the one with
    the greenhouse?
    We had that and it was impossible :(

PictureFrame you're not actually serious? Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

It's seriously driving everyone in school crazzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyy.. Like over 4 weeks to correct 40 HL Papers in English etc. It's actually a pain in the bal**.. Have your teachers said anything about them?

That's strange ours were corrected in a little over a week..?

Wtf are those Ceol cds that everyone is on about? I WANT THEM!

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Was yours the one with
    the greenhouse?
    We had that and it was impossible :(
    YES.
    Dear god it was :pac: Was it actually doable or was it literally impossible?
    And what about that question about
    finding the equation of the line?
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Keep the mocks talk under spoilers lads! ;) They're not all over for every school yet.

Whoops, completely forgot! Sorry! :o

YES.
    Dear god it was :pac: Was it actually doable or was it literally impossible?
    And what about that question about
    finding the equation of the line?
    :eek:

Sorry about the spoilers! Genuinely forgot!

Well I got 0 marks out of 75 for it, the marking was horrid weird. The 1st question was worded really badly, our teacher agreed, but we all felt so dumb when he did it on the board :( ah well it's only the mock! Yeah that one was tough, I remember I got the first bit of it right, well nearly right I mixed up the signs. Couldn't for the life of me remember what to do so I just took out every equation in the log tables and hoped to god one was right :L
    I actually managed to pass that paper though, got around 50%, you'll be amazed at where you pick up marks!!

• Advertisement

Can't believe Paul Bunbury's still missing, I hope for him and all who know him that he's found soon. I hear he's really good guy, what misfortune:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement