Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camarilla Ireland /Immersive RolePlay Ireland

• 13-03-2011 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey it has come to my attention that Camarilla Ireland has has some bad press in the past. But I'd like to bring to people attention that Camarilla Ireland is a great group and role playing . Ive only started in December but they helped me with my character development and included me in their games. Ive even brought friends with me that aren't fully gamers like myself and enjoyed the games that they are involved in.
    They have 3 venues in the country if anyone is interested 1 Dublin 2 Cork 3 Maynooth
    Its over 18 venue due to the venues mostly being in pubs and the dark material involved in the games because the stories are centred around the world of darkness universe
    if any questions leave a post and id answer truthfully since im only a new member or check out their site at camarilla.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Well, I said this on the Irish gaming site as well, but it's nice to see we're making a good impression on new players. Cheers Sean.

I was planning on making a dedicated info post for IRI, but I figure I should make myself useful and put up some quick stopgap information for the time being.

General info
    If you want information, Sarah put together a FAQ FAQ for the Cork Games here which is reasonably good. The Dublin and Maynooth games are run along similar lines, though we've a few more games running there.

Membership
    Anyone is welcome to come along to any game, though we do ask you let the ST/GM know ahead of time so they can either have an NPC role (basically a pregen character) for you or can take a look over your character sheet and introduce you into the game.

There is a membership fee eventually (E16 per year, which goes on providing ST/GMs with rulebooks, props and venues mostly). It's not necessary for your first few months (you can try out the games for 3-6 months before paying anything) and now that we're not tied into White Wolf's Licensing fees, we've a bit more freedom in cases where people can't afford it.

Game locations and times
    Games are running in Dublin every Tuesday evening (around 7PM - 10.30PM) in the Dark Horse Inn.

The games currently running in Dublin are Vampire the Requiem, Changeling the lost, Werewolf the Forsaken, Geist the sineaters and an Old WoD LARP - Vampire the Masquerade.

There's also another set of games running in Maynooth on Wednesday evenings (around 7PM - 10.30PM) on the NUI Maynooth Campus (Edit: JHT10, upstairs in the John Hume Building. Cheers for that Aonghus).

Maynooth currently runs Vampire the Requiem, Mage the Awakening, Changeling the lost and Werewolf the Forsaken.

Main Site and Forums
    The main site is camarilla.ie, but it's in the process of being overhauled for the name change and having info added. The forums there though should be handy if anyone wants any particular questions answered or just to take a look around.

Most of the 'In Character' stuff is restricted from being viewed without the correct forum permissions though. Partly so the secret societies can have secret conversations without being overheard, and partly so that we don't have problems with IC posts getting taken out of context by journalists.

Any further questions
    If I've left out anything you want to know IRI related, I'm happy to answer either here or by email (dccamarilladublin[at]gmail[dot]com).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well since the threads here, might as well add my own voice to the two lads - I've LARPed with the cam IRI on and off now for the last 5 years or so, and during that time have always been involved to some extent with the organisation.

While I've had ups and downs with the cam, and even stopped playing a lot of games due to some of the worse downs, I can absolutely recommend it to anyone - I really do love LARPing with the cam IRI, and that's why I've always come back to it. It's a fun game, with fun people and the depth and scope of the chronicle is more so than any tapletop or independent game could offer. I'd urge people to give it a try, even if they've heard some of the negative reports going around.

I play out in Maynooth, and since Colm didn't have this info - games are in JHT10, upstairs in the John Hume Building in NUI Maynooth. Wednesday evenings as the man said, come along if you're nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chrisgood

hi

am based in the limerick area and am at present looking at trying to start up a new chapter of camarilla larp in limerick.

anyone experienced in gming and available please get in touch. players also required before a venue can be sorted, the more the better.

aswell as this if interest is high, will be looking at doing other larps as well as tabletop gaming and perhaps ccg

many thanks

chris

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭witless_steve

chrisgood wrote: »
    hi

am based in the limerick area and am at present looking at trying to start up a new chapter of camarilla larp in limerick.

anyone experienced in gming and available please get in touch. players also required before a venue can be sorted, the more the better.

aswell as this if interest is high, will be looking at doing other larps as well as tabletop gaming and perhaps ccg

many thanks

chris

Anything come of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Samedi

I'm in Limerick, and I'm also wondering if anything came of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭witless_steve

Samedi wrote: »
    I'm in Limerick, and I'm also wondering if anything came of this.

I haven't heard anything. Are there any others who want to get involved?

Advertisement