Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown rice - cook fast

• 05-01-2008 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭

An Indian friend that sits beside me in work recommends just pressure cooking brown rice. he says its done in about 10 mins

I normally eat Basmati rice as its quick to cook and tastes lovely and has a good GI level.

Is the brown rice advantage any lessoned by pressure cooking?

Anyuone have any thought son brown rice and the pressure cooker?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Longfield wrote: »
    Is the brown rice advantage any lessoned by pressure cooking?

Probably increased if anything. Pressure cookers are fantastic, though it is hard to get a 15psi one these days, most are 12psi which takes longer to cook. They are very energy efficient too, and the top can be left off to serve as a normal pot too. You can sterilize food in them which can be handy for storage, i.e. cook stuff inside jars with the lids on loose, then seal while hot and they last as long as normal unopend jars of food. Great for potatoes though I dont eat them much anymore.

To speed up brown rice cooking you can simply soak it hours before, or get uncle bens 10min brown rice.

Advertisement