Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Personally, I'd be against any sort of food log here as it'd be incredibly triggering. Spent the past seven hours binging and purging. Chest hurts, stomach hurts and my throats in bits. I hate this.

True. A nasty combination of some of us needing encouragement to eat more and some of us needing the exact opposite. I'll refrain from mentioning food again.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Oh, I don't have any qualms with any of Celexas side effects really, didn't experience anything really bar some tiredness perhaps.

Why did you come off of it then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

jammstarr wrote: »
    That sounds exactly how I am too.

Sucks, doesn't it? :( I though I'd made progress with these issues through counselling but being over here has made me think more about the self-loathing side of me.

Woke up this morning feeling kinda meh but I'm feeling a little better now. We'll see if it lasts for the rest of the day or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

nesf wrote: »
    Do you have a psychiatrist? If so, it might be a good time to request an earlier appointment. If not, then go to your GP for a chat about what's been happening.

Not really,I go to the community clinic every 3 months to get my prescription renewed,and everytime I go down there it's a different psychiatrist.They ask me questions and scribble notes in my file for 2 mins and then give me another script with either increased/decreased dosage.

GP told me last time that he didnt know what to do with me so he just referred me to the clinic.I don't think any more pills are going to help with how bad I'm feeling anyways.

Not really,I go to the community clinic every 3 months to get my prescription renewed,and everytime I go down there it's a different psychiatrist.They ask me questions and scribble notes in my file for 2 mins and then give me another script with either increased/decreased dosage.

GP told me last time that he didnt know what to do with me so he just referred me to the clinic.I don't think any more pills are going to help with how bad I'm feeling anyways.

I wasn't thinking pills as much as you probably want to be talking to someone medical at the moment if your suicidal thoughts are getting detailed and you've started self-harming again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Starting with a new psychologist in the morning, and then doing group counselling on Wednesday. They are both focused on eating disorders and body dismorphia. Kinda nervous! I've been to counseling before but I never really mentioned it much cause it wasn't something I wanted to change before.

I guess mostly now it's something I do want to change but I'm not too confident about. And I know I can't carry on anymore without my health suffering loads. So hopefully I can speak truthfully and work hard at the recommendations.

Never done group sessions before so don't know how I'll fare at that.

Uck bad sleeping habits and high stress levels have made me so up and down lately :(

Starting with a new psychologist in the morning, and then doing group counselling on Wednesday. They are both focused on eating disorders and body dismorphia. Kinda nervous! I've been to counseling before but I never really mentioned it much cause it wasn't something I wanted to change before.

Best of luck with it!

Bloody mood went over a cliff. Now all I can think about is how life isn't worth going on with and how self harming is such a good idea. I hate this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Terrible night sleeping :( awful awful nightmares. Really need to stop being so afraid of the dark :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Have a violent headache, always get them when I'm low. Anyone else
    find that this happens?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Had to go into college today to get a few bits sorted and to get a started on work. Just had a general feeling of dread and thought everyone was watching me. It didn't help that the two power points I tried in the library didn't work so I just fucked home in the end.

I guess mostly now it's something I do want to change but I'm not too confident about. And I know I can't carry on anymore without my health suffering loads.

Uck bad sleeping habits and high stress levels have made me so up and down lately :(

Just had a quick google of body dismorphia and it sounds very similar to my own body issues.

I hope the group session goes well for you and that ya feel better soon :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Im very bad today. What age is everyone on here?

Hey MM, What's up? I'm 26.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I'm 20. Feel like I'm still 12 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 crunchyogurt

Been feeling fairly down all day, collage is just so draining. To top off a bad day, when I was walking home I got started on twice by two seperate groups of scumbags.

I just turned 19.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Hey MM, What's up? I'm 26.

I knew Cloud and other people on here were young, I was wondering was anyone my age. I'm 27. I seem to have gone the other way around, I was holding it all together when I was younger and seem to have fallen apart in my late 20's.

I knew Cloud and other people on here were young, I was wondering was anyone my age. I'm 27. I seem to have gone the other way around, I was holding it all together when I was younger and seem to have fallen apart in my late 20's.

I don't think I've ever held it all together, been a "loser" as long as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

22 here.
    Temaz wrote: »
    find that this happens?
    Yeah, can relate to that, know the feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

33 so slight older, I know what you mean early twenties I had the world at my feet and just seem to have lost it the past few years.

It partly be recessionary based, time in general are a lot harder now than five years ago and there's a lot more pressure in people which obviously isn't going to help depression. Just a thought? Then again I'd say I went down before the economy.

Having an ok day, although exhausted. I was looking forward to seeing my nieces this evening, but trying to rent a room out and someone wants to see it tonight so they be in bed by the time I get around to my bro's :-(

I feel young here :rolleyes: day 4.

I'm 30. I was struggling until I had a psychotic break at 23 and then I fell apart.

Temaz wrote: »
    find that this happens?

Yeah and body aches. My back starts acting up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm 24
    Just had a quick google of body dismorphia and it sounds very similar to my own body issues.

I hope the group session goes well for you and that ya feel better soon :)

More I think about it the less confident I am it will work. No amount of counselling can change the way I look. I know I can change my weight, and hopefully in a healthy way but sure thats not everything! I'll give it a go for now sure.

Uck I hate when life gets in the way. Really wanna go home and go to bed and cry and sleep, but have class that doesn't end for 3 hours time now :( Not that I will learn anything but I'm marked on attendance. I have one amazing person in my life that I can count on for everything and really supports me, so I'm very fortunate and don't take that for granted. But it doesn't stop me getting upset by the crappy people you can't count on for anything. I moved 2500 miles away and people are still letting me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

cloud493 wrote: »
    I feel young here :rolleyes: day 4.

you're not alone !

Im losing my will :(

I have one amazing person in my life that I can count on for everything and really supports me, so I'm very fortunate and don't take that for granted.

Lucky :o

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

Im 24...25 in 3 months but feel like i've gone back in time, like i'm 16 or something if that makes any sense at all.

Having a terrible time the last few days, and to top it off i keep getting headaches and dizzyness several times a day too, must be the tabs, weird thing is i wish i really would just collapse when i get the dizzyness....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

25, failing my second semester of college because I'm unable to go in. I worked so hard to get in and all last semester and I haven't been able to one lab this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement