Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane Beers - Saturday 26th May 7pm Pig n Whistle

• 09-04-2012 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks, Just wondering if there are many here living in Brisbane? I'm a 27 yr old guy living here at the moment, most of my mates are down in Melbourne but I stayed in Brisbane cos I'm sponsored here.

Could get some Brisbane beers going if theres a few...although everyone seems to be in Melbourne or Sydney!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

I'm in Brisbane byself, since 2009.

Currenty though I'm working in Sydney, and flying back to Brisbane every weekend, so I can do drinks at the weekends. My flight usually gets me back into Brisbane city centre for around 7pm or so on a Friday evening.

Any other Brisbannites lurking around the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Ill be in Brisbane from wednesday night till friday if anybody wants to meet for a beer? Ill be on route to my farm work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Gold coast myself, was living in Brissy until a few weeks ago, but do head out there still the odd time, so might be able to meet up with ye guys if your organising something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

We're slowly getting a few together! Must be a few in Brisbane?! Yeah I'd defo be up for a few sat evening pints some weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Another one here! Living here about 7 months now, was on the Sunny Coast before that. If my work schedule permits then I'd definitely be up for beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

yeah, there's a few around allright, I'd be up for a weekender.

Saturday beers too soon?!
    I'm easy anyway, Someone can suggest a date/place etc..

This Saturday is too soon for me but the next 3 weekends are open if any of them suited people. How about Mick O' Malley's on Queen Street? Nice place and central for buses etc.

http://mickomalleys.com.au/

I wasn't following this thread, so I missed the responses.

I wasn't around last Saturday anyway, and I'm not sure about this Saturday either, as I have a christening to go to in Ipswich on Sunday morning. If I decide to drive out on Sunday morning rather than Saturday night, then I'd be up for this Saturday.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jacster

Bit late jumping in here but up for a few if its still going.....

• Advertisement

Bit of a bump here, anyone still interested?

I'm free this Sat if anyone is around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Concrete Pour followed by mothers day dinner with outlaws :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

mod if you guys decide a time and a date I can sticky it to drum up interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ElFox

Since this thread has started has anything been organised??

Realy think should jus set a time and date and see who turns up.

Im up for anything

Actually forgot about this thread, Yeah someone just pick a date/time. Saturday the 26th?

Lets go for that! 7pm in the Pig n Whistle Riverside, the one on Eagle Street?

Count me in for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Post edited, and sticky until the 26th ... when a venue is confirmed I can add that to title too!

If a thread gets created called 'Anti-social behaviour in Brisbane' I know who to blame!

TirEoghain wrote: »
    Lets go for that! 7pm in the Pig n Whistle Riverside, the one on Eagle Street?

Sounds good.

• Advertisement

Can we add Pig n Whistle at 7pm on the thread title now?

Cheers :-)

Been a while since anyone's posted in here, so I'm just stopping by to see if we're all still good for Saturday night in the Pig?

Cheers folks!

Yep, will throw up a photo later when I get a chance so ye know what I look like. Or we could come up with a secret code word/handshake.

Im in..so that bring our nums to 3?????????

Who said three is a crowd!

I think it's going to be the most quiet beers boards has had!

The last Brisbane beers about two or three years ago only had three people too!

Anyway, there were some previous posters in this thread who still could come.

I should also make it, have a big work do on friday so hopefully I'll be in good enough shape after it!

And to distinguiah whos who have we come up with a secret handshake or just goin to to be noticeable through our paleness??

I'm the one on the left (the only Irish guy in the photo :p).

• Advertisement

I'll most likely be in the smoking area (the one at the front nearest Eagle Street) with a Queensland GAA hoodie on me, drinking a bottle of Hahn Super Dry.

Will be myself and a blonde female friend.

I think that should narrow it down. :-)

Advertisement