Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assisted Chin Up... Rubber elastic??

• 23-02-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey all,

Im looking for the name or link of a place thats sells these.

I was not aware suce a simple item was available till I seen a guy in my gym using it.

Anyone know the correct name for this... Finding it difficult to come across anything online at the min

Thanks in advance

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

Resistance bands is what your looking for

i think the power band would work for pull ups

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

I got mine from ironwoody.com
    they have a great selection and are pretty cheap even with shipping from the US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

The exercise is generally referred to as band assisted chins/pull ups.

As mentioned Ironwoody are a great place to buy from and even have a "pull up package" on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Pullum Sports are good for this sort of stuff too:
    http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/accessories/resistance-bands/cat_16.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I use mountain bike inner tubes as bands. If you know a cyclist they might have some old tubes they do not need, i.e. too many punctures or some just replace tubes rather than bother repairing. I know of 2 discarded bikes in my area.

If you only want them for chinups you could try negative chinups instead, as you will have no need for the bands once you are strong enough -though they do have other uses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 fishtank5

Thanks everyone =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

ling-zing wrote: »
    Resistance bands is what your looking for

i think the power band would work for pull ups

These definitely work for pullups and chinups as well as a heap of other stuff.

Mobilitywod uses them a lot too, might help you with your chin ups :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

For bricks and mortar, Crossfit in Sandyford should also have these, I would ring them first to ensure they have them as they tend to turn them around fairly quickly.

Advertisement