Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL tools

• 08-07-2007 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just thought I'd mention that LIDL are selling some cheap tools from Thurs, 12-07-07...

They have a orbital sander as per the link which I think is very good for the money, I got one last time around for €30 I seem to remember, this time it's €35. The sander is large and heavy but I use it for flat sanding on the bench and it's good for that.

http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070712.p.OrbitalSander

Cheers
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

They also have brush cleaner at pretty good value, about half the price in your local hardware store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭boysie39

i bought a belt sander about 2 yrs. ago and have used it more than any other tool in the shed and I cant find fault with it. It's made by Parkside.I think any of the tools by this company are pretty good.
    I've also bought other tools I cant remember the make, they were a blue colour they wernt much good . But there cheap and have a three year guarrentee so keep your reciept. Boysie

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Yes, I feel Parkside is good for a cheap make. They are German after all.... my sander as per the link has survived a lot of abuse, 100s of hours service, much sanding while tilted on the edge and this is very rough on the sander and still it's ok. I may have been lucky though and got a great one. A very interesting feature is that the sander runs at half speed until the button at the top is held down, this allows the sander to be moved from one piece to another without problems when placing it down. It also has preset variable speed (only when locked on). I haven't seen any other sander that has the half speed feature although it may just not be mentioned.

LIDL also have trestles or sawhorse type things for €8... I'll definitely get a few of them at that price...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

OK... so I went to LIDL on the way to work on Thurs morning, bought a second sander (because my first one can't last for ever) and a few of the saw horse type things... only 7.99 inc VAT which is a bargain, they are a bit lightweight but they do perfectly for me, for spraying and as a temporary table.

I had a big problem with the sander I bought though!!! the base was slightly loose and wobbly. Luckily I dropped it back on the way home and they exchanged it for a new one, just letting people know... beware!!! If you have bought one and the base is slightly loose you have to bring it back, it is not supposed to be like that, it will only get worse and the vibrations will kill you during use... so be warned! The base should be absolutely solid with no movement. But I do stand by what I said about my first one, I have used it heavily and aggressively on a daily basis and it's fine.

I may have got the only one that's a bit dodgy... alternatively the good ones may be the exception. I think the problem with cheaper tools is that the quality control may not be there...

Cheers
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 6 YAMEN2866

any body sourse a replacement drive belt for sander,,,3M-225-17,,problem finding spare,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,402 ✭✭✭✭Alun

YAMEN2866 wrote: »
    any body sourse a replacement drive belt for sander,,,3M-225-17,,problem finding spare,thanks
    Parkside tools are made/distributed for Lidl by a company called Kompernass.

If you go to their website http://www.kompernass.com/pages/index.php?page=1,0 they give the following address for service questions :

Irish Connections Ltd.
    8 St Mary's Place
    Howth, Co. Dublin
    087/99 62 077
    018/39 80 56

• Registered Users Posts: 6 YAMEN2866

Alun wrote: »
    Parkside tools are made/distributed for Lidl by a company called Kompernass.

If you go to their website http://www.kompernass.com/pages/index.php?page=1,0 they give the following address for service questions :

Irish Connections Ltd.
    8 St Mary's Place
    Howth, Co. Dublin
    087/99 62 077
    018/39 80 56
    cheers thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

YAMEN2866 wrote: »
    Do lidl not have any. My local one in cherryorchord always seems to have packs of them. I bought extra sets when I got the sander for that very same reason,I rekoned other places wouldn't stock the correst size.

Advertisement