Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Don't trust him he's a leftie :p

Incidentally both his kids are right handed a nice example of chance influences tackling genetics head on. I would say the missus influenced this outcome. Another indicator to her being the dom in the relationship backing up his version of events.

(Tongue firmly in cheek)

MEGATRON MEETS MADDEN

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150765335713756.426323.75529708755&type=3&l=eb1131e277

NFC North is tough enough for the Lions without having to fight the 'Curse'.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

MEGATRON MEETS MADDEN

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150765335713756.426323.75529708755&type=3&l=eb1131e277

NFC North is tough enough for the Lions without having to fight the 'Curse'.
    Delighted for him.
    Personally, don't beleive in the curse & reportedly neither does megatron.
    Looking forward to him having as good a season as last & putting this curse myth to bed .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Sure it brought Farve out of retirement. Imagine what it can do a mere receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,479 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Madden curse is ridiculous, I ain't one for superstition but.....

1999 - Garrison Hearst
    2000 - Barry Sanders
    2001 - Eddie George
    2002 - Daunte Culpeppe
    2003 - Marshall Faulk
    2004 - Michael Vick
    2005 - Ray Lewis
    2006 - Donovan Mcnabb
    2007 - Shaun Alexander
    2008 - Vince Young
    2009 - Brett Favre
    2010 - Troy Polamalu & Larry Fitzgerald
    2011 - Drew Brees
    2012 - Peyton Hillis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Last years curse was so strong it took out two extra peytons!!

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Delighted for him.
    Personally, don't beleive in the curse & reportedly neither does megatron.
    Looking forward to him having as good a season as last & putting this curse myth to bed .

But he's acknowledged it.... don don don....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

If Megatron stinks next season players will flat out refuse to be on the cover. Peyton Hillis was a one season wonder so we'll give it one final shot.

If anyone can break the curse it's Megatron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Mortensen is saying the Pro Bowl will be suspended this season. Thank Christ.

They should turn the pro bowl into a combine. Be fun to see the guys put through the drills and the players would put in effort for bragging rights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yeah skills competition would be fun

Simple things like who throws the ball farther, Matt Stafford or Jay Cutler?
    If both ever got selected thats an example of something that could be interesting

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Yeah skills competition would be fun

Simple things like who throws the ball farther, Matt Stafford or Jay Cutler?
    If both ever got selected thats an example of something that could be interesting

The bench press Suh, JPP and Matthews

The headbutting a brick wall test - Brian Cushing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The 40 ....with a cheerleader waiting at the end .2 of a second Big Ben!

Arawn wrote: »
    The 40 ....with a cheerleader waiting at the end .2 of a second Big Ben!

.15 for Antonio Cromartie

Oh dear

An NYC woman has offered herself to this years Mr Irrelevant for a night of "fun"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82896421/article/woman-sets-her-scandalous-eyes-on-next-mr-irrelevant?module=HP11_content_stream

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭nerd69

HigginsJ wrote: »
    .15 for Antonio Cromartie

haha and by 1 min she will have 6 kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Wouldn't Samuel be a perfect for for Vikings? They run cover 2 buck alot. What's there cap situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Vikings signed Chris Carr for that

Just an FYI, I haven't seen it myself but 4th & Goal is on ESPN at 8:15 this evening. Trailer is interesting, it looks very gritty - gonna give it a watch myself.

• Advertisement

Tebow and John Kuhn featured in 100-90 of NFL Network's top 100 of 2012. Somebody is trolling heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Kuhn is an extra ordinary player for his position. He warrants such a selection.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Kuhn is an extra ordinary player for his position. He warrants such a selection.

Not when you consider how it's voted for. Each player in the league votes for their top 20. So somebody included Kuhn on a list with Brady, Rodgers, AP, Megatron etc. Most likely a few of his team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Not when you consider how it's voted for. Each player in the league votes for their top 20. So somebody included Kuhn on a list with Brady, Rodgers, AP, Megatron etc. Most likely a few of his team mates.

I'd imagine a lot of it has to with other players in his position across the league and how they see him. As for Tebow, he more than likely got a vote off every church-going NFL player. :) Good listening to the players views on them, even moreso the guys who disagree with players being in the list. Hopefully they have a few more interviews throughout the 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

Tebow seems a likeable guy and given the media coverage or Tebowmania this surely influenced other players. Not really surprised he got in even if its not warranted

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

I'm being biased as a Cowboys fan but Tony Romo at #91 is ridiculous in my opinion.

Should be much higher but it's only a meaningless poll anyway.

barbarians wrote: »
    I'm being biased as a Cowboys fan but Tony Romo at #91 is ridiculous in my opinion.

Should be much higher but it's only a meaningless poll anyway.
    Tebow and John Kuhn featured in 100-90 of NFL Network's top 100 of 2012. Somebody is trolling heavily.

it all depends on how you look at it if its most talented players there should be far less qbs because the most talented fb would be reguarded on the same level as the most talented qb but if its most valuable then there should be at leas 15 qbs on the list and romo should be way higher.

for me if its most talented romo cant be top 100 hes only in there because hes a qb and kuhn should be higher because he plays an unglamorous position but he plays it at a very high level

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

nerd69 wrote: »
    it all depends on how you look at it if its most talented players there should be far less qbs because the most talented fb would be reguarded on the same level as the most talented qb but if its most valuable then there should be at leas 15 qbs on the list and romo should be way higher.

for me if its most talented romo cant be top 100 hes only in there because hes a qb and kuhn should be higher because he plays an unglamorous position but he plays it at a very high level

Tony Romo has the statistics of an elite QB. Kuhn does very little by comparison. I'd have Vickers and Leach ahead of him. How good can Kuhn be is GB plays so many plays without him?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,479 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Tebow deserves to be there based on last season. Agree that Romo should be higher. I don't think John Kuhn should be there though.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Tony Romo has the statistics of an elite QB. Kuhn does very little by comparison. I'd have Vickers and Leach ahead of him. How good can Kuhn be is GB plays so many plays without him?

im not gona argue the kuhn thing i just think if you take into account how important qb is romo is a top 20-25 player if you dont hes not top 100 stats are all good and well but if eli is no 1 because he is clutch romos not on this list because hes not

(for the record i dont think the cowboys playoff woes are all on romo far from it but you get the glory as a qb when you win so loseing is on your head to)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement