Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Charging 12euro to watch a relatively low standard of football in non existent facilities isn't going to fly anymore. .

Reduced to a tenner this year im happy to report, ill be expecting to pay E15-E20 Sat night for 60mins worth of action in the Gaelic Grounds Sat night and wont mind cause im supporting my local team.

People around town dont mind spending hundreds of Euros every week to sit in silent, souless grounds next to fellow tourists where drinking, smoking or cursing is outlawed following a foreign team.

Personally id like a see a move to the MF however for every pro theres a con, ya theres 2 bars which will make money but changing rooms and floodlights are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The last Limerick game I went to was Limerick vs Cork in the cup a few years back. You don't expect the players to be Brazil 1970, but the negativity of Limericks play was unforgivable. They could have at least tried to put on a show and play some decent attacking football instead of sitting back and defending and playing for penalties from the first minute. The most entertaining thing that night was some fat kid stumbling around the place at half time in a kit many sizes too small for him. Nuff said.

Why don't you give them another go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The club could do more to promote the Friday night games - I think the idea has good basis. Catch the footy with a few mates and then walk into town to kick off the w'end with a few more scoops.

It's been a long time since I was in either stadium, but don't think there's a bar of any sort in Jackman Park? That being said, in their first year there, I think they got decent crowds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭flutered

i was in a pub last night, on the tv was the highlight of bolton an wolves, how dire is dire, no skill, run run run, no ball control, it made jackman park look like the san siro, before you comment, i have been there several times, (the san siro).

flutered wrote: »
    i was in a pub last night, on the tv was the highlight of bolton an wolves, how dire is dire, no skill, run run run, no ball control, it made jackman park look like the san siro, before you comment, i have been there several times, (the san siro).

Did you see Man City and Liverpool last week? :eek:

Dont get me wrong, I love Sunday afternoons in the pub watching Sky but there nothing like following your own team and having a pint with some of them after the game without them looking down theres noses at you. (Munster players take note)

• Advertisement

Mervue v Limerick

SC bus to game leaving Arthurs Quay Park @ 4pm.

Membership forms available on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I have never been to a Limerick game except for a couple of months ago I went to see them play the Liverpool legends I was very impressed with the atmosphere I might little fella loved it so this year I treated myself to a season ticket and the little fella gets in free when with me which is great, I also am in the process of signing him up for there academy so I will give them my support this year and all going well I will buy another season ticket next season

Mervue United 1 Limerick FC 1.

John Tierney scored for Limerick.

Next up, Derry City in Jackman Park next Friday, March 12th at 7.45pm.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

osarusan wrote: »
    Mervue United 1 Limerick FC 1.

John Tierney scored for Limerick.

Next up, Derry City in Jackman Park next Friday, March 12th at 7.45pm.

I played with him for Wembley a few years ago, he's a quality striker and a really sound guy. Glad Limerick held on to him this season.

I played with him for Wembley a few years ago, he's a quality striker and a really sound guy. Glad Limerick held on to him this season.

Had a brief stint out the wings during pre-season and is not a bad winger either it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Should be a good atmosphere at the game for the visit of Derry, especially if their fans make the long trip down!

I'm hoping there will be a decent attendance, hopefully above 600.

a big crowd would be nice, its a pity i cannot bolster it by a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Limerick FC will also have to start a petition to get the pubs open on Good Friday

FIRST DIVISION:SERIES NO. 5
    Fri. 2 April Limerick v Cork City Foras Co-op Jackman Park 7.45 pm

Limerick FC will also have to start a petition to get the pubs open on Good Friday

FIRST DIVISION:SERIES NO. 5
    Fri. 2 April Limerick v Cork City Foras Co-op Jackman Park 7.45 pm

Not at all, plans already in motion to have one of their beer and BBQ nights for that game (not acually selling the beer just 'giving' it away in a promo), with the kick off switched to 4pm.

In the Fai and Ldmc's hands now though.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Not at all, plans already in motion to have one of their beer and BBQ nights for that game (not acually selling the beer just 'giving' it away in a promo), with the kick off switched to 4pm.

In the Fai and Ldmc's hands now though.

That's a really great idea, you should post it on the other sports section of anfearua.com (or .ie?) and munsterfans.com. Could be a great place for fans to head to before the rugby game.

That's a really great idea, you should post it on the other sports section of anfearua.com (or .ie?) and munsterfans.com. Could be a great place for fans to head to before the rugby game.

Will do if the club gets the go ahead, wont hear anything from board level unless anything is confirmed.

Free return buses from various places on the county (Clare included) for the Derry game.

http://www.limerickfc.ie/home/home.html

Friday March 12th
    Limerick 0 - 1 Derry City.

Friday March 19th
    Limerick 2 - 0 Longford

Tierney 54
    Tracey (pen) 59

Next game: Away to Finn Harps on Friday March 26th.

Next home game: Cork City Foras Co-op on Friday April 2nd. Kick-off at 4.30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Will do if the club gets the go ahead, wont hear anything from board level unless anything is confirmed.

Free return buses from various places on the county (Clare included) for the Derry game.

http://www.limerickfc.ie/home/home.html

Free return buses? From Bunratty? Count me in!!

osarusan wrote: »
    Next home game: Cork City Foras Co-op on Friday April 2nd. Kick-off at 4.30pm.

have you got the bar sorted for this one yet ?

have you got the bar sorted for this one yet ?

Think an application went in alright but have heard nothing as of yet.

• Advertisement

Finn Harps 0 - 3 Limerick FC

Tierney, Hickey 2.

(Tierney, Hickey, Treacy)
    (EDIT: seems to be confusion over whether Hickey actually touched the ball for his second, or whether Shane Treacy's freekick went directly into the net)

Next game - Home to Cork City at 4.30pm next Friday April 2nd.

as i cannot attend any of their games can i say best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Christ that was a mighty win for them tonight - me thinks you'd have to go back to the time of Dave O'Connell being boss for their last win away in Ballybofey. Well done all concerned!

grenache wrote: »
    Christ that was a mighty win for them tonight - me thinks you'd have to go back to the time of Dave O'Connell being boss for their last win away in Ballybofey. Well done all concerned!

Nah, won there last year aswell but before that it was a long long time. :o

http://limerickfc.ie/fixtures/history/matchreports/2009/match2209.html

and report for last night

http://limerickfc.ie/fixtures/matchreports/match042010.html

Bunch of lads I know are coming down from Cork for the game on Friday and are planning to stay on after the game until about 9:30 and make an exit before the rugby traffic. What might be a suitable pub to send them to?

These would be a bunch of sensible 30 something year olds who would be looking for a nice pub where they can have a few pints and optionally, maybe some banter with similar limerick fc fans.

Last time for the cup game they were in the railway hotel for a couple of hours before the game but didn’t stay on afterwards. They want to try somewhere different this time.

As they are all seasoned city fans they are expecting to loose so won’t be too upset after the game.

Some Limerick Fc fans used to go the Still House on Thomas street, if you know Limerick, it's up the pedestrianised road across from Supermacs. About a five minute walk from Jackman Park.

Some Limerick Fc fans used to go the Still House on Thomas street, if you know Limerick, it's up the pedestrianised road across from Supermacs. About a five minute walk from Jackman Park.

Still House is the main spot after games alright, about a ten min walk down the town, will be busy along with every other pub in town on the night id say.

Just (as above poster pointed out) ask someone wheres Supermacs or Brown Thomas and you'll see it.

Limerick 1 Cork 3

(Kelleher)

Next league game - away to Waterford on Friday April 9th.

Next home league game - vs Wexford on Friday April 23rd.

Limerick play Cobh Ramblers on Tuesday 13th April in the EA Sports Cup.

Limerick play Pike Rovers in the Munster Senior Cup on Sunday April 4th at 2.30.

Awful performance against Cork, never got going at all. The 1500 paying punters will at least have earned the club a few quid though. Weekend finished a little better by getting through to the Munster Senior Cup Semi Final by beating Pike Rovers on Sunday, poor 2nd half performance though.

Nice to have a chat with some of the Cork lads in the Still House after the game, glad to see a large away support in Limerick, first time in years!

• Advertisement

Waterford 2 - 1 Limerick

(Tierney)

Next home game - vs Cobh Ramblers in EA Sports Cup (League Cup) on Tuesday April 13th.

Next league game - away vs Salthill Devon on Saturday April 17th.

Next home league game - vs Wexford Youths on Friday April 23rd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement