Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canadian society for gay animals objects to penguins

• 10-11-2011 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

Two african penguins will be seperated to encourage them to have sex with female penguins. The species is endangered and needs all the help it can apparently.

So AH should we let them be? Is this a black and white issue for you or should there be more gay rights for penguins????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭yutta

Just because something occurs "naturally" in nature, doesn't mean it's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭cml387

I hope this doesn't become another penguin-bashing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

yutta wrote: »

You dare say something created by God isn't right?

I CUT THE HEAD OFF THE DEVIL AND I THROW IT AT YOU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

FFS! If they want the species to survive then they should just get some of the penguin's sperm, freeze it and use it for IVF later...

I think that LGBT people should boycott the zoo. It's a disgrace. The poor penguins shouldn't be forced into something they don't want to do. It would traumatize them and destroy their relationship. Does the zookeeper think that homosexuality is a choice? Disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

A somewhat misleading thread title OP, but a brilliant one nonetheless. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

Apparently, the word on the street is that the canadian society for gay animals are sick and tired of being objectified by penguins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

FFS! If they want the species to survive then they should just get some of the penguin's sperm, freeze it and use it for IVF later...

Seeing as they seem to drag their balls along the ground most of the time I would think that a penguins sperm is already frozen?

btw your sig is 2 weeks out of date. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭yutta

Penn wrote: »
    You dare say something created by God isn't right?

But you must ask how God could allow for love without the potential for evil? God could have created robots that do nothing more than forever say, "I love you, I love you, I love you." Such beings would be incapable of any kind of real love. Love is a choice, and the Bible says that God desires a real love relationship with His creation. Love is not real unless we have the ability to not love.

God knew that in a world with much choice, there would be much evil: to choose not to love is evil by definition. However, there would also be the capacity for real love. Philosopher Alvin Plantinga once wrote that "An all loving, all powerful, all knowing Being could permit as much evil as He pleased without forfeiting His claim to being all loving, so long as for every evil state of affairs He permits there is an accompanying greater good".

The potential for love outweighs the existence of evil, especially if evil can only exist for a time. Evil is a side effect of love. Suffering and death are a side effect of evil.

Of course if you refute the existence of God, you won't find much truth in the above, although you might get some insight as to where Christians come from.

I'm not saying these penguins are inherently evil - they probably think they're reproducing. I mean if you stick two penguins in a cell together, eventually the powerful reproductive reflex will kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Some cats eat their kittens, lions kill gazelles to eat and a black widow kills the male after sex...all things that are natural in nature and obviously not right by our moral standards but they happen.

However having that said I think it's a non issue. They're just animals and if the species is endagered it's a problem, how ever if the penguins are truly gay they just won't have sex...end of

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

bijapos wrote: »
    btw your sig is 2 weeks out of date. ;)

Congrads for noticing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

God knew that in a world with much choice, there would be much evil: to choose not to love is evil by definition. However, there would also be the capacity for real love. Philosopher Alvin Plantinga once wrote that "An all loving, all powerful, all knowing Being could permit as much evil as He pleased without forfeiting His claim to being all loving, so long as for every evil state of affairs He permits there is an accompanying greater good".

What's the greater good for two gay penguins banging? How are penguins banging even evil? They're penguins, it's doubtful they've even read the bible, at best they've skimmed it, and noticed it barely mentions penguins at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Sexy gay penguins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

If they're actually gay, they won't have sex with the females regardless. Then they can be together again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

They're trying to break up a lovely couple :(
    I hope both of them refuse to mate with the females out of protest, that would show them.

Why not just use frozen semen and AI methods?? Why break them up?

I did have a big 'awwwwww' moment when I saw the pics haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

The Canadian Society for Gay Animals?

Those Canucks need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

why would a male penguin hump another male penguin?

something smells fishy in this story.

So are you saying that it's wrong for two animals of opposite gender to breed with each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Batsy wrote: »
    So are you saying that it's wrong for two animals of opposite gender to breed with each other?

How can they breed??? :confused:

Edit - Ah, you said opposite.
    Back in my box. :)

On the op - I don't think they will mate if they're really gay, so it's all good.

Snakeblood wrote: »
    What's the greater good for two gay penguins banging? How are penguins banging even evil? They're penguins, it's doubtful they've even read the bible, at best they've skimmed it, and noticed it barely mentions penguins at all.

Although if all animals of a species are gay and only have sex with members of the same gender then that species will eventually become extinct.

• Advertisement

How can they breed??? :confused:

They can't breed if they are of the same gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sounds like they p... p.... picked up the gay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

They can't breed if they are of the same gender.

See edit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Clearly they need to have a threesome with a female penguin to spice things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

There's quite a few species that form gay relationships,it's not that unusual. Though I would agree with not forcing them to mate with females if their decline has been nothing to do with human interference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

So we're just ignoring that one of them is only ten years old? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

No sign of any of them trying to mate with baby penguins. That must just be something bears do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Although if all animals of a species are gay and only have sex with members of the same gender then that species will eventually become extinct.

That's true. On the other hand, not the case for penguins, and it also doesn't have much to do with theoretical god.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭cml387

Reminds me of the old story about the penguin driving through town when his car broke down.
    The garage said that it'd take a while to diagnose so, feeling hot and bothered, the penguin went off to get some ice cream.

Penguins are by their nature messy eaters so by the time he got back to the garage he was covered in ice cream.

The garage guy said "It looks like you've blown a seal"
    "No,no" said the seal "It's just ice cream".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DidierV

Define "right" and by whose standards?
    Certainly not YOUR "standards" Yutta--versus GOD's!!!
    You clearly consider yourself "pious",
    GOD created those penguins : as they are.
    God is the creator of every living thing and most certainly ALL that is natural. as defined as being that which is found in NATURE.
    Here Yutta for your education in the definition of the word NATURAL.
    Look & Learn.
    (You're welcome)

nat·u·ral   [nach-er-uhl, nach-ruhl] Show IPA
    adjective
    existing in or formed by nature (opposed to artificial): a natural bridge.
    based on the state of things in nature; constituted by nature: Growth is a natural process. (ie: GAY PENGUINS)
    of or pertaining to nature or the universe: natural beauty.
    of, pertaining to, or occupied with the study of natural science: conducting natural experiments.
    in a state of nature; uncultivated, as land.

Save your sanctimonious and erroneous use of quotation marks.
    Nobody cares what you think or have to say in criticism of that what is most definitely GOD MADE and NATURAL (sans your obnoxious quotation marks) --ESPECIALLY when you are sitting there on your holier than GOD judgmental paranoid of gays horse; passing judgement on God's holy creation of gay penguins.

Leave the damned penguins alone and go get a life-stop busy bodying around everyone else's love life.

I forgive you Yutta for your judgemental slur against our Almighty Lord.
    (You just needed to be put in your place) :D

Advertisement