Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled flight confirmation from Aer Lingus

• 31-01-2007 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We went to Vienna a few weeks ago, due to go on the Thursday but didn't fly until Friday as Aer Lingus cancelled the Thursday flight (their fault).

We now need to claim insurance for the hotel in Vienna that we had booked and were charged for, for the Thursday night.

The insurance require a letter from Aer Lingus stating that the Thursday flight was cancelled. I can't find anywhere on their website to get in touch with someone to get such a letter. Anyone know where to get this?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

2 seconds into looking on Aerlingus.com

Ireland/UK

Aer Lingus Customer Care Unit
    Aer Lingus Head Office
    Dublin Airport
    Ireland

Fax Number: 00353 1 8863832

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

If the flight wasn't cancelled due to an Industrial action or adverse weather conditions you should ask for compensation from Aer Lingus as well.

European Regulation 261/2004

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/oj/2004/l_046/l_04620040217en00010007.pdf

I had a terrible experience coming back to Ireland with Malev, they cancelled my flight, haven't informed me, gave me an alternate flight which left me stranded in Frankfurt, lost my luggage.. nightmare..

As soon as I mentioned EU regulation 261/2004 they agreed to pay up.
    523 euro later and I feel a bit better about the whole thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

Good luck dealing with Aer Lingus customer care. They're a less than helpful bunch

Advertisement