Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

• 03-07-2008 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Saw a boards jersey this morning around 8:20 time heading towards Seville place/upper sherrif st I think (coming from N circular road)
    I noticed the speed of the person first, and then the jersey ... whoever you are you were flying!

It’s quite cool to spot the jersey out and about. Anyone else had any sightings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

yeah have had a few
    its great to see them about the place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Nuts, I had mine on this morning, but it was covered by a large waterproof jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Right so, out with the notebooks down in Killarney, see how many we'll spot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

That was me. Tthe lights were green and I wanted to catch them. The bag on my back covers most of the logo so well done. I didn't think I'd be noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Off Topic,

Hungrycol, How long does it take you from swords to town??
    Goin to be starting this commute soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

I saw one tootling down the vegetable aisle in superquinn, does it count if they are not on a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

30 to 35 minutes depending on lights you have to stop at. I'm coming from the airpost side of Swords to the IFSC. The drier the roads the quicker I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Harpz wrote: »
    I saw one tootling down the vegetable aisle in superquinn, does it count if they are not on a bike?

Yep, you get bonus points if you spot one out of its natural habitat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Braylee Fit Billionaire

I'm just back cycling now after a few year's and new to this particular forum, hense all the questions in the various threads..

What does the boards.ie jersey look like?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

LDB wrote: »
    Harpz wrote:

Yep, you get bonus points if you spot one out of its natural habitat.

That was me, gettin some stuff for dinner :)

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    I'm just back cycling now after a few year's and new to this particular forum, hense all the questions in the various threads..

What does the boards.ie jersey look like?.

See the wiki

ha Blorg I can't believe you tried to iron it! DOH!
    Irons are EVIL, EVIL i tells you. there's only 2 things need ironing. Shirts and Sheets. thats all. ever.

kenmc wrote: »
    ha Blorg I can't believe you tried to iron it! DOH!
    Irons are EVIL, EVIL i tells you. there's only 2 things need ironing. Shirts and Sheets. thats all. ever.

Sheets don't need ironing, and M&S iron free shirts don't either. Problem solved :)

having done much research, I can safely say that sheets feel much nicer when ironed.
    I only have 2 shirts, and I don't think either of them are M&S, so not really in a position to comment much on that. research incomplete!

having done much research, I can safely say that sheets feel much nicer when ironed.
    I only have 2 shirts, and I don't think either of them are M&S, so not really in a position to comment much on that. research incomplete!

They do feel nicer, but it's not 100% necessary. I too have only 2 shirts, and I don't wear em very often!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I too have only 2 shirts, and I don't wear em very often!

You IT guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

guys discussing Ironing and leg shaving (another post) what's next ... makeup? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Don't know about you, but I'm the one who does all the ironing in my house.

el tonto wrote: »

There is no ironing done in mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

el tonto wrote: »

Nothing wrong with that...ditto here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Harpz wrote: »

Was it Sundrive a couple of Fridays ago? Is so that was my tootling.

Was it Sundrive a couple of Fridays ago? Is so that was my tootling.

You mean there's more than one of us that shop in Sundrive Superquinn in our jerseys?? Harpz was referring to me, cos he stopped and spoke to me... mental :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

are these jerseys road exclusinve? I love to wear one off road too :--)

I think Ollie would too ;-)

bring boards to MTB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Drapper wrote: »

bring boards to MTB ?

Off with his head!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Raam wrote: »
    Off with his head!

ohh yeah it might get durty off road!! :P:P

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

still haven't seen anyone in a boards jersey which is a surprise since I'm on the main cycling route out of town. Have seen someone go by on a bike I recognised from the beauty thread though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

I was in Pheonix park, walking with herself and I noticed a blue single speed bike from the beauty thread. I said something like "Oh, I recognise that bike off teh internets".
    Sufficit to say Ms. Gadabout was utterly horrified.

I actually haven't seen a boards jersey yet.

Drapper wrote: »

bring boards to MTB ?

They do a downhill jersey -if you can get 10 orders, you can get some nice MTBing stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I must have 15-20 shirts. My wife won't do the ironing because I put a clean one on everyday. I have to pay to get them done (mind you I suppose it's better than doing it myself)

ps. what's this got to do with Boards Jersey Sightings?

• Advertisement

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    ps. what's this got to do with Boards Jersey Sightings?
    The first victim:450px-Iron_on_Low.JPG
    Still, I suppose on the plus side, there'll be no "who did I see on ...?", it'll be "I saw blorg..... !" :)

Advertisement