Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working holiday visa new zealand

• 07-05-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭

Can one remain with the same employer for a year.( i know in australia its a max of 6 months with the same employer)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Yes you can remain with the one employer for the duration of your WHV ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I thought it was up to six months when I came here in 2008 but looking through the WHV page I see no restrictions any more which is cool.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/irelandworkingholidayscheme.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Thats pretty cool if thats the case, i was looking to do the under 35 BUNAC visa for NZ next year. I am in Auz now but in order for me to get the visa i need to send my passport to the UK office to get it processsed.
    I was thinking of sending it home to my sister via currier and get her to do if for me? Does this sound dodge?
    Will the fact that my passport has an Oz stamp stop them from processing my visa do you think?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

I knew a girl when i lived in Australia and she did the exact same thing. You will have to send your passport to Ireland (if youre Irish) as you can only apply for a bunac visa from the country you passport was issued from, ie you must be “Living” in Ireland.
    She had no problems. Its took a while, like 2 months, So make sure you have the time on your Auz visa. Also you will be in Auz with no passport!
    Are you under 30? Why not just apply for a normal WHV in NZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I knew a girl when i lived in Australia and she did the exact same thing. You will have to send your passport to Ireland (if youre Irish) as you can only apply for a bunac visa from the country you passport was issued from, ie you must be “Living” in Ireland.
    She had no problems. Its took a while, like 2 months, So make sure you have the time on your Auz visa. Also you will be in Auz with no passport!
    Are you under 30? Why not just apply for a normal WHV in NZ?

No im over 30, i could get my sister to do it for me back home. Only thing is will they be able to see my entry stamp to Auz? I wont have an exit stamp! Would that make a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 El Duninho

I think the only restriction is that you do not take on a Full Time Permanent Position. So you could take a 12 month contract with the one employer (or monnthly rolling contracts).

Immigration in New Zealand is very lax compared to Aus

zweton wrote: »
    No im over 30, i could get my sister to do it for me back home. Only thing is will they be able to see my entry stamp to Auz? I wont have an exit stamp! Would that make a difference?

My friend did the same thing. Sent her passport from Aus, while in Aus. She did not have an exit stamp. There was no problems.
    I dont have an exit stamp form Aus as i left before my visa ran out (suppose im saying you dont always get one). If they ask just spin a yarn about no work or family stuff. You planned to go back but couldnt afford it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Hi just wondering about the work situation over in NZ for someone on a whv? Thinking of heading over as I missed out on the Canadian whv for this year.i have experience in retail,kitchen work and construction labouring but would work at anything to keep meself funded!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Take a look at the job section on www.trademe.co.nz there does seem to be casual and contract work.

Hi just wondering about the work situation over in NZ for someone on a whv? Thinking of heading over as I missed out on the Canadian whv for this year.i have experience in retail,kitchen work and construction labouring but would work at anything to keep meself funded!

Depends where you want to go here. Casual jobs in Queenstown right now (and for the next 3 months) i would say zero. Elsewhere in the country probably more chance. Christchurch would have a fair few construction jobs but it shakes a lot.
    Generally id say you'll be fine to get work here, just a little bit of persistence and dedication required.
    You could check out Seek.co.nz aswell for work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement