Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

carlcon wrote: »
    I'm sure most who captained them would happily swap to RVP now if they got a chance. I know I would.

i certainly would
    expecting at least a goal off rooney tomorrow
    the two above me had rvp and the lad in 4th who
    was 20 behind me had rvp of course
    it could have been special

i could have got both rvp and rooney in but i couldnt drop
    cisse and no way would i drop jelavic
    had to get in hibbert as evans is doubt, caulker will concede plenty
    and sick to the teeth of skrtel so got rid of my regular 0-2pointer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Decided before the deadline to only make the one transfer Sig out, Moses in.
    Had thought of Verm but decided not to, glad i chickened out of that one, and the captain to RVP seems to have worked out also.

1 played, 20 points (with maybe a bonus or two) very happy with that.
    Now if I could have a Rooney no show that would just be peachy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Finally got a captain choice right. Verm gets me nothing but at least I didn't panic buy and swap out Cahill for another Arsenal defender.

Not expecting much from Terry + Simpson/Caulker. Could do with Rooney and Jelavic having very quiet games...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

iroced wrote: »
    Who could get the assist for RVP 3rd goal? Not been given yet.

Hopefully Van Persie himself. Considering their BPs for the Fulham match I wouldn't be surprised.

Sagna has a broken leg. Terrible for the chap with it happening just before the Euros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

It's actually a re-break of a previously broken bone. Which makes it that much worse, I believe.

Unless you believe it's a coincidence, that pretty much tells us he never fully recovered from last break, and will now take longer to recover this time with all the precautions they'll now be taking.

But I'm speaking as someone with a very basic knowledge of breaks. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

GOALArsenal 3-2 Norwich - Robin van Persie (80 mins)
    Arsenal have done it! Robin van Persie has done it! Two goals in eight minutes see the Gunners turn this around to put themselves back in the Champions League driving seat. Tomas Rosicky's pass forward breaks kindly for the Dutchman in the box and he slides a shot under John Ruddy and in. He really is Arsenal's talisman. He is now level with Theirry Henry's club record of 30 Premier League goals of the season. that last one could be his most important. It is so cruel on Norwich, though, who have been magnificent.

Following bbc football on mobile, thought i had an assist here with rosy but see that he only got one for the beny goal. Didnt see pers goal but was it an assist for rosy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

GOALArsenal 3-2 Norwich - Robin van Persie (80 mins)
    Arsenal have done it! Robin van Persie has done it! Two goals in eight minutes see the Gunners turn this around to put themselves back in the Champions League driving seat. Tomas Rosicky's pass forward breaks kindly for the Dutchman in the box and he slides a shot under John Ruddy and in. He really is Arsenal's talisman. He is now level with Theirry Henry's club record of 30 Premier League goals of the season. that last one could be his most important. It is so cruel on Norwich, though, who have been magnificent.

Following bbc football on mobile, thought i had an assist here with rosy but see that he only got one for the beny goal. Didnt see pers goal but was it an assist for rosy?
    Rosy passed to the ox who got the assist by passing the ball off a Norwich defender in the box..

So the ox will get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fowler87 wrote: »
    Gwan RVP! Never in doubt :D

Fairly hairy 65 minutes until he showd his worth. Should get the 3 bonus too.

Vermaelen had a shocker. Can't have it all my way I guess!

Hernandez and Jelavic should do well for me tomorrow. Hernandez is a little gamble but he should get something.

I think and hope you were right to back Hernandez. How Fergie plays Wellbeck ahead of him is beyond me.

A quiet game from Rooney would be great. I'm also hoping Tevez grabs at least one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think and hope you were right to back Hernandez. How Fergie plays Wellbeck ahead of him is beyond me.

A quiet game from Rooney would be great. I'm also hoping Tevez grabs at least one.

I just don't fancy Rooney to score 4 points more than Hernandez if both start. He plays a bit deeper when Hernandez plays and so I think Hernandez might find himself in the best position. Also, if United get a penalty, Vorm is just the man to save it. It is a gamble though as Rooney have scored 13 points before by playing poorly.

However, I had a dream midweek that Berbatov starts and scores the first two :rolleyes:

My main rival had RVP as captain too so still 42 ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I badly need Rooney to deliver tomorrow. Let's hope United take the goal difference seriously and don't just throw in the towel if City win.

4th in the Boards league before today's games. I won't be staying there so I'm taking screenshots now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I just noticed I started Miyaichi this week. I don't know if I was drunk or half asleep when I made this decision but I do know one thing.

I'm a f*cking retard.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    4th in the Boards league before today's games. I won't be staying there so I'm taking screenshots now!

lol, do you reckon the guy who's number 1 overall for this gameweek - 6 points from yesterdays match (but a 28 point hit) will be doing the same?

FatRat wrote: »
    I just noticed I started Miyaichi this week. I don't know if I was drunk or half asleep when I made this decision but I do know one thing.

I'm a f*cking retard.

I fancy Bolton to win that one, at home against a team with nothing to play for. If Ryo starts (thats the big if) he could get you points

CITY: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Y. Toure, Barry, Silva, Tevez, Nasri, Aguero

Krul; Perch, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon; Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Ba; Cisse

KevIRL wrote: »
    I fancy Bolton to win that one, at home against a team with nothing to play for. If Ryo starts (thats the big if) he could get you points

That's what I'm hoping. The thing is though.... I was gonna transfer him out for Moses but obviously didn't. Moses will probably get a hat-trick today with the form he's on.

Ah well....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

That's what I'm hoping. The thing is though.... I was gonna transfer him out for Moses but obviously didn't. Moses will probably get a hat-trick today with the form he's on.

Ah well....

Lets hope your right, i will be dancing all the way to the boozer if he does!:D

BWFC: Bogdan, Boyata, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Eagles, Reo-Coker, M Davies, Petrov, K Davies, Ngog

:( :pac:

KevIRL wrote: »

Ah well....

Blackburn are 33 to 1 ON to go down. You'd have to hope that Kean would at least be able to motivate them for their last home game in the PL.

• Advertisement

Forgot the other matches were on as well today. Have a good few players playing. Hope they're starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Villa (vs Spurs): Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Lichaj, N’Zogbia, Herd, Clark, Warnock, Ireland, Heskey

Spurs (vs Villa): Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Rose, Lennon, Modric, Sandro, Bale, Van der Vaart, Adebayor

Bolton (vs WBA): Bogdan, Boyata, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Eagles, Reo-Coker, M Davies, Petrov, K Davies, Ngog

WBA (vs Bolton): Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Brunt, Mulumbu, Andrews, Dorrans; Fortune, Long

Fulham (vs Sunderland): Schwarzer, Kelly, Risse, Hangeland, Pogrebnyak, Murphy, Duff, Hughes, Diarra, Dempsey, Dembele

Sunderland (vs Fulham): Mignolet, O’Shea, Bardsley, Turner, Kilgallon, Gardner, McClean, Cattermole (C), Colback, Sessegnon, Dong-won

QPR (vs Stoke): Kenny, Hill, Derry, Taarabt, Mackie, Buzsaky, Barton, Taiwo, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Zamora

Stoke (vs QPR): Sorensen, Huth, Whelan, Fuller, Wilson, Shawcross, Walters, Upson, Delap, Crouch, Jerome

Wolves (vs Everton): De Vries, Zubar, Berra, Stearman, Ward, Kightly, Henry, Edwards, Hunt, Fletcher, Doyle.

Everton (vs Wolves): Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin, Osman, Fellaini, McFadden, Pienaar, Cahill, Jelavic

Bloody hell Begovic not playing. Now stuck with Vorm away to united.

Opposite problem for me. I've had Sorenson as fodder for the past couple of months. He's on my bench, but I would have played him ahead of Vorm if I had known...

Opposite problem for me. I've had Sorenson as fodder for the past couple of months. He's on my bench, but I would have played him ahead of Vorm if I had known...

Vorm is due a peno save

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ben Arfa playing well, he might finally bag me some points today.

Dempsey being super again. Goal from a free kick.

Dempsey being super again. Goal from a free kick.

Assist on the goal came from Mahamadou Diarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Get in there Dempsey you f*ckin' dancer!! Defo gonna be snapped up by a bigger club this summer I'd say! Top player!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Spurs are all over villa at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement