Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diablo 3

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Apparently the Beta went Open for a while there, but is now down again. Not sure if it was a mistake or intentional.
    Pc Gamer wrote:
    Want to play Diablo 3? Players on Reddit have noticed that it’s possible to download the client and jump right into the game even if you haven’t received a beta invite. Blizzard haven’t mentioned that they’re opening up the beta, so it could be an accident. Either way, it’s out there and people are apparently playing it. We’ve dropped Blizzard a line to find out what’s going on.

Update: the Battle.Net servers now seem to be down for maintenance. Lots of players on the Battle.Net forums mentioning that they got some time in before that maintenance period kicked in. Blizzard community manager Nethaara posted a short while ago to say “the Diablo III beta is currently unavailable while we work to resolve an issue.” They promise another update in a couple of hours.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/18/diablo-3-beta-is-open/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Right lads, need help here. Stupidly I still haven't ordered the CE and it's sold out everywhere even on Amazon.

Is there anywhere that would still have copies available?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Big Knox wrote: »
    Right lads, need help here. Stupidly I still haven't ordered the CE and it's sold out everywhere even on Amazon.

Is there anywhere that would still have copies available?

try zavvi.co.uk or else shopto.net

try zavvi.co.uk or else shopto.net

No luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

No luck :(

You can of course spend your money as you like but I have to ask: Why buy the collector's edition? It seems awful value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Maybe ask instore at gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Gbear wrote: »
    You can of course spend your money as you like but I have to ask: Why buy the collector's edition? It seems awful value for money.

Because he could be a collector?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

blizzards collectors editions are the only ones that still have col stuff. let alone collectors edition boxes, which look better then sex.

*loves his SC2, WoW WOTLK, WOW CATA collector editions on his shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Amazing how a single player game can be so laggy

To say i'm a massive fan of the series is an understatement. Played D2 for years after release and have waited 12 years for this to finally come around. I wouldn't normally splash for CE's but in this case I feel it's justified.

Also as CE's go this one is actually good for the money imo.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Maybe ask instore at gamestop?

Tried and no luck, left it too late it seems. Absolutely everywhere is sold out already, must be a massive demand for the CE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

To say i'm a massive fan of the series is an understatement. Played D2 for years after release and have waited 12 years for this to finally come around. I wouldn't normally splash for CE's but in this case I feel it's justified.

Also as CE's go this one is actually good for the money imo.

Tried and no luck, left it too late it seems. Absolutely everywhere is sold out already, must be a massive demand for the CE.

I have it on order from amazon but gamestop told me they might get in a few extra copies or some people won't pick there's up so make sure you check gamestop on release day : )

booked off mini holiday. from wensday to sunday. i finish work around 11:00 on tuesday, so i will be in gamestop and back home ASAP after work.

will have all the junk food shoping done on weekend. will take few extra frozen pizzas, because 1/3 will end up in bin extra black crispy burned.
    put a huge lock on door with sign " misses, please fudge off, learn to please yourself for the next few days, i will be too busy ".
    dunno what to do with dog yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

booked off mini holiday. from wensday to sunday. i finish work around 11:00 on tuesday, so i will be in gamestop and back home ASAP after work.

will have all the junk food shoping done on weekend. will take few extra frozen pizzas, because 1/3 will end up in bin extra black crispy burned.
    put a huge lock on door with sign " misses, please fudge off, learn to please yourself for the next few days, i will be too busy ".
    dunno what to do with dog yet :p

Haha took the same time off myself!

LETS DO IT!

TheDoc wrote: »
    Haha took the same time off myself!

LETS DO IT!

cant wait now! :D 3 weeks to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I hope you guys are ready for the servers. I was around for the cata and lich King launches and the massive player volume can make the experience pretty ropey.

dibkins wrote: »
    I hope you guys are ready for the servers. I was around for the cata and lich King launches and the massive player volume can make the experience pretty ropey.

was there, done that. not scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Had a go of the open Beta there, great craic.

Used to play as a barb in D2, but gave the monk a go.
    Like all previous games, I'll probably have one of each class, but i think i'll start with a Monk....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Im torn between Wizard and Witchdoctor atm !

Really excited for this now...****...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Me too, but i think Wizard to start on normals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭Wossack

Wiz or monk

may book some time off work to play this too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

dibkins wrote: »

I never found them too bad tbh but used to be on a fairly dead server, MoP will be my first expansion on a full server.

Never played a Diablo game before so looking forward to it, been trying to read a bit and catch up on story, think I've pretty much got up to date now ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Here's a good Youtube playlist of the Diablo story so far, it includes the cinematics from D1, D2, D2 LoD and the main story quests.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL517434D31A9B209F&feature=plcp

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

Hi,

So I have my credit card in hand but I can't decide where to purchase from. Normally I buy games direct from the developer, Steam or via whichever digital distributor is selling it but in this case it can only be bought from Blizzard and it costs an extra €20 which I can't afford.

So should I choose Amazon.co.uk or Gamestop.ie? I've never bought from either before. Both have it for similar prices but which involves the least hassle and has the best service?

Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

You would probably get it quicker from Gamestop.ie, Amazon are fantastic but you wouldn't get it in time for launch day. Gamestop in Dublin and Cork are having midnight launches on the 14'th if that's any use to you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

@CombatCow, yea I was thinking about going to Dublin for the midnight launch but as much as I'd like to I wouldnt have any way back home as the last bus is around 11, that and I've had more than enough of standing around in queues freezing my ass off (for gigs) as a teenager, just the thought of it all of a sudden has frozen my ass. :(

For some reason I'm leaning towards Amazon (no idea why though).

Would there be any customs duty involved in purchasing a game from the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

@CombatCow, yea I was thinking about going to Dublin for the midnight launch but as much as I'd like to I wouldnt have any way back home as the last bus is around 11, that and I've had more than enough of standing around in queues freezing my ass off (for gigs) as a teenager, just the thought of it all of a sudden has frozen my ass. :(

Would there be any customs duty involved in purchasing a game from the UK?

There is no vat to be paid on items from anywhere in the EU.

Amazon is cheaper but you will be waiting a day or two more for delivery.

NiallFH wrote: »
    I never found them too bad tbh but used to be on a fairly dead server, MoP will be my first expansion on a full server.

Never played a Diablo game before so looking forward to it, been trying to read a bit and catch up on story, think I've pretty much got up to date now ^^

I would not compare Diablo 3 launch with wow expansion launches. It's a different setup to mmorpg. I would compare it to Starcraft 2 launch. As far as I can remember Starcraft 2 launch was solid, with just few minor things going wrong.

On serious note now: I can't decide, do I go good fellas ham and pineapple pizzas for d3 launch or salami cheese mushrooms.... Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Check Amazon and it should say order now and recieve in time for release date. Uusually they ship early so it arrives on the day of release, that's what I did with Skyrim, got it on the day and have heard of people getting games a day early this way.
    On serious note now: I can't decide, do I go good fellas ham and pineapple pizzas for d3 launch or salami cheese mushrooms.... Hmmmm

Neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'd order in from fourstar or dominoes for the launch.. but ye can bet your arse that this launch will be like EVERY blizzard launch, and ye wont be able to login for at least an hour, then the servers will go down for emergency maintenance for 4 hours, and it'll be 5am before they come back up again, and that pizza you thought about for almost three weeks will just be indigestion brewing into a nightmare about how the servers will constantly go down again when you wake up, or that all your mates have gotten superph4tl3wt while you fell asleep full of pizza!

or maybe they'll have a nice easy everybody's happy launch :D
    ..But i doubt it!

Apparently it's a midnight (so 11:01 pm 14th may for us) euro launch on the 15th.

• Advertisement

Well I work on Tuesday and I need to wake up at 4:00 in the morning, so feck all point for me to stay for midnight launch. I will be with my thumb in mouth and other hand on misses tit by 22:00 on Monday night too.
    So I am back from work on Tuesday around 12:00 and from then I have booked of till next Monday. Happy days.
    I know frozen pizzas are not best but that will do for evening late night sessions :D.

Advertisement