Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic Evangelism

• 29-08-2005 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

i heard that there was to be a group of Austrailian young people coming to Ireland, fresh from World Youth Day, to try get more young Irish people back into the church.They were going to be in Temple Bar handing out leaflets and talking to whomever would listen. Anyone know how this went, or how they were received?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There are a number of such groups that have visited Ireland over the years. I've seen some of them. Catholic Youth Care in Dublin might have some information on that. Try their website www.cyc.ie which has various links on it about their work. I know that they have linked up with some visiting groups, like the one you mentioned, in the past.

I attended 3 World Youth Days, though not this year's. I was at the 3 previous ones. Paris 1997, Rome 2000 and Toronto 2002. They were a great experience. With some many young people from all parts of the world, it is something special. It is worth going if you ever get the chance. The next one is in Sydney in 2008. The CYC and other groups organise trips to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

sorry but I'm not interested in Catholicism in any way shape or form. I was just wondering did anyone come across this particular group, as I know that the Catholic church in Ireland hasnt got much influence with regards the youth. I was interested to see if they got a good reception and feedback or whether they got hassled

Advertisement