Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Couriers

• 28-12-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Does anyone know if these are on holiday or something? Im ringing all their depots and nobodies answering but that seems to be a common complaint all times of the year. They have my laptop and I need it and the failed to deliver cert says they'll only keep it for 5 days, that was on Christmas Eve.

No answer from the main Athlone office on their site either.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Today is a bank holiday. I'd say you're fecked til tomorrow. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Could take a spin out there?...it's out past Carnmore

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Zzippy wrote: »
    Today is a bank holiday. I'd say you're fecked til tomorrow. ;)

Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah, didnt know it was a bank holiday, crap. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Thargor wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these are on holiday or something? Im ringing all their depots and nobodies answering but that seems to be a common complaint all times of the year. They have my laptop and I need it and the failed to deliver cert says they'll only keep it for 5 days, that was on Christmas Eve.

No answer from the main Athlone office on their site either.
    sorry to tell you this,but I think they're on hols till thursday 31st.Was asking the delivery guy this on Christmas eve out of curiosity as I got a parcel just in time for xmas

• Advertisement

Oh no, thanks for telling me anyway, they'd better not return my package to sender after this :(

How can a courier firm go on holidays and leave a load of stuff undelivered? Thats stupid, their holidays should be taken in rotation through the year like everyone else.

Also, did they ever hear of a answering machine to let their customers know they're doing that? The phone just rings forever if you try them, how hard would it be to leave a recorded message explaining whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Their customers are the people who paid, ie the ones who sent you the package.

You, I'm sad to say, are just the delivery point who's receiving the package, and it's likely that the volume of work you have for them is so low that they don't give a rats-a*** what you think.

Give feedback about your dis-satisfaction to whoever paid to send you the laptop, and maybe they'll choose another company next time.

I imagine most of their work (bar for a few weeks before christmas) is business to business - if the offices and factories of this town are closed why open?

JustMary wrote: »
    Give feedback about your dis-satisfaction to whoever paid to send you the laptop, and maybe they'll choose another company next time.
    Well this is just the icing on the cake of the worst customer relations experience Ive ever had, Medion laptops that sell in Aldi turned what was supposed to be a 10 day repair into a three month ordeal where I had to do all my projects and exams without my own computer, fobbing me off with bullsh1t excuses and fake tracking numbers that were delivered to places in the UK and the Netherlands just to shut me up for another week, it was unbelievable, they only got it back to me when I got the number for their management in the UK and started ringing their everyday instead, and I still wont believe them until I have it in my hands, looks like Ill be waiting another week now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Zzippy wrote: »
    Today is a bank holiday.

No it isn't...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

testicle wrote: »
    No it isn't...

Actually today is a bank holiday, as is tomorrow (Tuesday). Banks and Post offices are closed..

It might not be a public holiday, but most companies are observing it as such..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 unclealbert

Thargor wrote: »
    Well this is just the icing on the cake of the worst customer relations experience Ive ever had, Medion laptops that sell in Aldi turned what was supposed to be a 10 day repair into a three month ordeal where I had to do all my projects and exams without my own computer, fobbing me off with bullsh1t excuses and fake tracking numbers that were delivered to places in the UK and the Netherlands just to shut me up for another week, it was unbelievable, they only got it back to me when I got the number for their management in the UK and started ringing their everyday instead, and I still wont believe them until I have it in my hands, looks like Ill be waiting another week now though.

you should publicly apologise to dpd,i used to be a courier and your a typical customer,get your facts straight before you start mouthing off,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Winner of the resurrect a thread prize :D We should ask these posters how they found the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Discodog wrote: »
    Winner of the resurrect a thread prize :D We should ask these posters how they found the thread.

Id say they found it by searching HOW DO I MAKE A IDIOT OF MYSELF ON BOARDS,,,,:) :):):)

you should publicly apologise to dpd,i used to be a courier and your a typical customer,get your facts straight before you start mouthing off,
    Which of the facts as I related them (2 years ago) do you take issue with and think are deserving of a public apology out of interest? Seeing as you know nothing about what went on besides what ive posted, are you just assuming im in the wrong or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

elaverty wrote: »
    Id say they found it by searching HOW DO I MAKE A IDIOT OF MYSELF ON BOARDS,,,,:) :):):)
    Oi! less of this in the future ok?

Guy probably googled DPD couriers and found this thread.
    Since much water has flowed under the bridge since Christmas 2009 - old thread lock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement