Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss (More4 - UK) [** Spoilers **]

• 14-03-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Comming to More 4 starring Kelsey Grammer. Big fan already. Anyone watched it .

The problem is that I think it's already aired and cancelled after two seasons in the US after good reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good show. Since this is the first terrestrial airing over here (as far as I know), we can use this thread for a fresh discussion for first timers.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Cool.

I haven't actually seen it myself yet but I'm already a fan ( big K. Grammer fan) so to speak.

Did it run its course or does anyone know why it is only two seasons long?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts next Thursday on More 4

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Does anyone know why it is only two seasons long?

Prematurely killed off by US network. There was talk of a movie to close off storylines but it's unlikely to happen.

Excellent show though, with multiple complex arcing plotlines and very strong acting from all of the cast including especially Grammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I think S1 is significantly stronger and focussed than S2.

Grammer is awesome in it though, almost as if this was written for a stage actor at times in S1.

It shouldn't have been cancelled imo. Well worth a watch though, even for just 2 seasons - better that it went out strongly than faded into crapness like so many of these things seem to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Starts next Thursday on More 4
    On at 11pm :eek:... not going to get much viewing at that time on that channel. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Excellent show. Very dark. Can be heavy going at times, and the plot is quite complex. The acting is superb and Grammer is in a league of his own.

A real shame it got cancelled. It's miles better than House of Cards imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

On at 11pm :eek:... not going to get much viewing at that time on that channel. Pity.

Well they are pairing it with The Good Wife and Nashville so might retain some of their viewers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

While I missed most of season 2. season 1 was superb television. A master class of acting from Grammer. It had almost Shakesperian level acting sometimes.....I highly recommend this show!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Season 1 finale last night .
    Took me a while to get used to the impersonal cold feel to this programme but last night's episode was a real barnstormer. Compelling tv.

The last 15mins was very reminiscent of how each of the Godfather movies end and using Beethoven's moonlight sonata at the end on the electric guitar (as opposed to on the piano) was a nice touch.

It's a slightly exaggerated show but you never get the feel that it looses its premise or the true nature of politics ,corruption , allegiances etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement