Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

52-48 to NO.
    Bit of a swing on betfair throughout the day, however YES remains the favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kiermul

Euro news at 12.30pm starts there news bulletin with "Ireland says yes"
    Have they counted them all already and not told us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

I think this is lazy journalism by international news agencies before the count has even started.

There was a FG exit poll to Lisbon 2 and it was 52-48 in favour. That was 15% less than the yes vote actually got. So even if an exit poll existed, it would be extremely dubious to take it as the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

70:30 Yes. It seems to me that a lot of people are voting Yes just to go against Sinn Fėin's preferred result. Well, there are worse reasons for voting a given way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I'm guessing 59-41 to Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Turnout 43%

Yes 41
    No 59

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Everyone i have been talking too has voted no, i think it will be a lot closer than people think... Ill go 50% yes and 50% no :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Yes - 58%
    No - 42%

I'd say that is the lowest it will be. From talking to friends and people inside my constituency more people said they were voting 'NO' but it was more likely that most of those people wouldn't show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

46% national turnout.

54% Yes

46% No.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RossNolan

I'm hoping No but I think the Yes will take it 56 - 44 or so.

Even though I think the Yes side will win I can't believe the Tony Connelly poll that the Yes side got over 60%. To begin with it would go against all precedent - a low turnout (which has always favoured No voters on EU treaties), the tendency of opinion polls to underestimate No support and the late in the day decision of Richard Boyd Barrett to back the No side. If Connelly's poll is right the No vote actually lost support compared with just a week ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yes 59 No 41.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

RossNolan wrote: »
    ...the tendency of opinion polls to underestimate No support and the late in the day decision of Richard Boyd Barrett to back the No side. If Connelly's poll is right the No vote actually lost support compared with just a week ago.

You really think Richard Boyd-Barrett is a bonus to the no side? Normally when he says something I almost automatically assume the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

meglome wrote: »
    Normally when he says something I almost automatically assume the opposite.

Three words that say why you should start listening to people on the left.....Dublin Docklands Authority.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

meglome wrote: »
    Normally when he says something I almost automatically assume the opposite.
    Happyman42 wrote: »
    Three words that say why you should start listening to people on the left.....Dublin Docklands Authority.;)

Here's a thing. I agree with Richard Boyd Barrett when he talks about the Iraq war, because he is holding the same position as me. I disagree when he talks about the EU, because he holds an opposite position to me. Funny how that works. Mind you life would be much simpler, and so would I, if I just said things like X says A so the right answer MUST be B, or vice versa, all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

54:46 in favour of No.

and then ofcourse a revote as thats how "democracy" works in this joke we call a country. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

RossNolan wrote: »
    and the late in the day decision of Richard Boyd Barrett to back the No side.

Boyd Barrett has been pretty clear on his "No"stance since it was announced that a referendum was required. Are you sure your not thinking of Declan Ganley ?

Here's a thing. I agree with Richard Boyd Barrett when he talks about the Iraq war, because he is holding the same position as me. I disagree when he talks about the EU, because he holds an opposite position to me. Funny how that works. Mind you life would be much simpler, and so would I, if I just said things like X says A so the right answer MUST be B, or vice versa, all the time.

But isn't it a sign (AGAIN) that the ethics in successive governments is rotten to the core? Do you think FG/Lab are going to put the right people in jail for what went on there after all the lipservice has been done?
    I don't agree with everything RBB says or everything that is said on the left but I don't use the gombeen blanket of derision that some here do. Some who portray themselves as politically astute! You don't have to sell your soul but it's high time that people listened up and used their votes to end this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Yes: 55%
    No: 45%

But isn't it a sign (AGAIN) that the prevailng ethics in successive governments is rotten to the core? Do you think FG/Lab are going to put the right people in jail for what went on there after all the lipservice has been done?
    I don't agree with everything RBB says or everything that is said on the left but I don't use the gombeen blanket of derision that some here do. Some who portray themselves as politically astute! You don't have to sell your soul but it's long high time that people listened up and used their votes to end this.

Where crimes were committed the offenders should be jailed. I've no idea where you got from my post that I didn't believe that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭glenkeo

Just heard on newstalk First talls due at 10;30 very early tall from a few boxes in dublin castle show 3 to 1 to yes

• Advertisement

Where crimes were committed the offenders should be jailed. I've no idea where you got from my post that I didn't believe that!?

That's not what I'm saying, I'm objecting to the gombeen blanket derision. If people would reserve their derision for the institutions that have been proven time and again to be corrupt and vote accordingly this country would be better overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bringbackrafa

yes 57 no 43.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

With 10% of boxes open in Dublin North West, the tally has Yes at 47% and No at 52%.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0601/fiscal-treaty-referendum-count-to-begin.html

Solid maths there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭golfball37

60/40 yes- sadly

That's not what I'm saying, I'm objecting to the gombeen blanket derision. If people would reserve their derision for the institutions that have been proven time and again to be corrupt and vote accordingly this country would be better overnight.

I have an unlimited supply of derision for anyone I feel deserves it :)

You're absolutely right of course. It's just he tends to shíte on a lot, and then I tend to switch off. Just too much rhetoric from the guy most of the time.

mathie wrote: »
    With 10% of boxes open in Dublin North West, the tally has Yes at 47% and No at 52%.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0601/fiscal-treaty-referendum-count-to-begin.html

Solid maths there.

'Working class' areas so that would be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

YES: 52%
    NO: 48%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

kiermul wrote: »
    Euro news at 12.30pm starts there news bulletin with "Ireland says yes"
    Have they counted them all already and not told us ?

Funny cos the Irish Independent this morning have no less than two articles on their main page as follows:
    Low voter turnout could give anti Treaty side the edge in referendum
    Fine Gael fears low turnout will scupper hopes of winning vote

Just goes to show it depends who you get your news from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Looks like it'll be somewhere in the vicinity of 55-60% yes (I think). Although if you go by Aodhán O Riordáin (probably missed a fada in there), it's been over since the first box was opened:
    Its over already. Its a ‪#yes‬. ‪#euref‬
    link: https://twitter.com/AodhanORiordain/status/208470092927864832

That was at 8 minutes past 9, and the count started at 9, correct?

Advertisement