Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly weekend rideout?

• 28-02-2012 3:21pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone on for getting a weekly rideout going? Now that its coming back into the good weather I know a lot of people will want to be getting out on their bikes more often. I was out for a good few hours on my own on Saturday and really enjoyed it!

Unfortunately Sunday's aren't good for me so I'd be much more on for a regular Saturday spin if anyone is on for it.

Any takers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I was out on Saturday with a few lads myself. It was a great day for it!

I'm on a few bike forums and I usually go for a Sunday spin with them as it just suits better, but there HAS been occasion when I would have preferred to go on the Saturday as Sundays tend to be busy with MotoGP, road racing, Mondello etc. so if there was a regular Saturday rideout here, I'd be more than happy to make an appearance at a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I'd be up for it. Still a bit new to biking so it'd be nice to have more experienced riders to cruise around with.

Is there anyone interested in this around the Clare/Limerick area? Don't think my modest 250cc machine would fancy regular trips to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I only went on my first spin two weekends ago with the IBF guys. I loved it.

I'd definitely head out with you on a Saturday. I'm in Dublin so I think Clare/Limerick is a bit of a stretch for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Only if you swing round my place to pick me up!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Actually it might not be a bad idea to team up with them if they would be on for it, might not be enough of us on here to warrant a weekly one of our own...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

What if we tried a once a month ride out.
    So, for example, the second Saturday of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I'd love to but I'm in Sligo and I work weekends!

I used to go out with them too, but the whinging got a bit much. Some of them are nice folks though.
    P.C. wrote: »
    What if we tried a once a month ride out.
    So, for example, the second Saturday of the month.

That'd be worth trying. I see my kids every second Saturday but if the rideout falls on a day I don't have them, I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Anyone in cork up for one next saturday, the tenth?? First saturday off in donkeys, be nice to get out!! Relatively new to biking though but i reckon i could keep up! :P

Relatively new to biking though but i reckon i could keep up! :P

Famous last words!!! smiley-laughing002.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

how about a spin to glendaloch:D the roads ont to bad

Famous last words!!! smiley-laughing002.gif

Haha i hope not! Ah no, i've a long way to go but i think id be competant enough for a long auld spin, gonna go cork-mizen head saturday week just cause its my first saturday off in months so I'm gonna make the most of it! With any luck ill make it home that night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Sounds like a plan, if i ever get my bike back form the workshop count me in:D

Haha i hope not! Ah no, i've a long way to go but i think id be competant enough for a long auld spin, gonna go cork-mizen head saturday week just cause its my first saturday off in months so I'm gonna make the most of it! With any luck ill make it home that night :P

Good on ya lad, fair play!!! Best of luck with it.

ZX7R wrote: »
    how about a spin to glendaloch:D the roads ont to bad

Yeah I'd be up for that. I'm going to see a bike tomorrow.. if I fall in love I might be picking it up Saturday morning :D

Sound! Hope the weathers gonna be nice!

I'm out look at a bike from about 10-1pm . Not sure if Ill be around for a run tomorrow

Just wondering is my planned trip from cork-mizen head and back on saturday too stressful on my restricted bandit engine or will it be ok?

Just wondering is my planned trip from cork-mizen head and back on saturday too stressful on my restricted bandit engine or will it be ok?

Should be alright man. Just don't go mad on it.

Easier said than done! On the big roads im not too gentle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

One of the lads did the Iron Butt of Ireland on his restricted Bandit S and didn't have any trouble so you should be grand.

As for the weekly rideout, I need to get my bike fixed first. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be back on her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Why would it be stressful on the engine?

just wondernig, wouldnt like to do it on a 125, wondering if the restriction would have the same effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

just wondernig, wouldnt like to do it on a 125, wondering if the restriction would have the same effect?

Wouldn't have any stress effect on the bandit engine, they are bullets, plus i did Dublin to cork and back again on my restricted bandit no bother:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Why would it be stressful on the engine?

If the engine is designed to deliver say 100hp, but is restricted to 33hp, you won't be able to stress the engine anywhere near what it is designed to be able to take.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭johnml

just bought my first bike yesterday............a little 125 virago.......would you think i could keep up with the slower riders on this trip? :)

John

I would think that out of respect, nobody is going to go haring off and leaving others behind. I reckon you'll be ok. I am of course open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭johnml

Thanks!! I'll give it a try in a couple of weeks so to see how it goes!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I am working tomorrow, next week is the Heineken Cup Quater final...

the following weekend - 14/15 April is good for me.

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »
    I am working tomorrow, next week is the Heineken Cup Quater final...

the following weekend - 14/15 April is good for me.

Should have my bike back by then. Not sure if I have anything else on, but if not, I'll be on for this.

Advertisement