Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah, it seems like the Herald missed the circular about Paul's last sighting being at the O2...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

January wrote: »
    Yeah, it seems like the Herald missed the circular about Paul's last sighting being at the O2...

Fairly lazy of the Herald imo. A quick call to the Garda Press Office would have given them the detail about the O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I really hope Paul comes home safe and well very soon.

Whatever made him go, I wonder how much having his poster everywhere is actually helping the situation.

Paul will know his family are very worried, as are his friends.

I have no experience of this situation, so please take this with a grain of salt, but if I wanted to get away and saw posters of my face everywhere, I'd be going somewhere where there weren't posters and where I didn't think everyone was looking for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

I really hope Paul comes home safe and well very soon.

Whatever made him go, I wonder how much having his poster everywhere is actually helping the situation.

Paul will know his family are very worried, as are his friends.

I have no experience of this situation, so please take this with a grain of salt, but if I wanted to get away and saw posters of my face everywhere, I'd be going somewhere where there weren't posters and where I didn't think everyone was looking for me.

Good point, I'm sure he'll turn up when this all dies down ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I've been following this thread since it began. I don't know Paul at nor go to DCU but I can't help but get the feeling that he is a really great guy. I go to UCD myself and I've been putting links to his picture, ect up on as many UCD Facebook pages as possible. I'll print out some posters and put them up around UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

Hi all,

been following this thread since it first started, awful situation, i sincerly hope that Paul just decided he needed a break for a few days and he shows up soon.

I work in the financial centre, will print off posters now and give them to the local shops.

Just a slight idea, probably ridiculous but how and ever..

Is it possible that Paul purchased a new "Leap Card"?? They can be used on bus, luas and the train. It would draw less attention to him because he wouldnt have any contact with the bus driver etc., he'd just be scanning his card. May be worth finding out, as each card as a unique number, and when they are sold through paypal, the card number and list of journeys can be traced, it may give some indication as to where he is.

Keeping everything crossed for his fantastic family and friends who seem to be stopping at nothing to get him home - Fair play to ye all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Hey, I'm in UCC and we got an email about it down here! I've also seen posters scattered all over our campus and around Cork! :) Paul, if your reading this, come home and be safe <3

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭antkeane

Hi, I have been following this thread from seeing the pictures around town and I may be starting in DCU in September.
    I have tried sending PM's with info but they dont seem to be sending?
    Anyway, to the point. Last night I was in the shop opposite the Hill 16 pub in Dublin 1 (at the bottom of the Hill on the corner). And I really dont want to get hopes up but he looked very much like him. It was between 7-9pm and he had a big bottle of water in his hands. Just in front of the cashiers on the right hand side. This was on the night of 22nd Feb. I think it was a costcutter store or something like that. I suggest getting in touch with the store asap just in case. you can pm me if you want my number etc...

Here actually i'm going in to the police station now to report it. Should have done it sooner. my apologies.

Righty, just done that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Fair play to ye dude , could be nothing could be everything .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wexlady44

antkeane wrote: »
    Righty, just done that.

Thanks a million for doing that.

Thank you all so much for your kindness and support.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Good luck wexlady i hope paul comes home or makes contact with you soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

May I ask? I'm sure it already has been mentoined before, but how tall is Paul? I commute all over the city every day and see an aweful lot of people on the 4 trains I get. I have been keeping an eye out for him but keep wondering if he is tall or short.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Wexlady I can only imagine what you're going through. I really hope this works out for you :)

May I ask? I'm sure it already has been mentoined before, but how tall is Paul? I commute all over the city every day and see an aweful lot of people on the 4 trains I get. I have been keeping an eye out for him but keep wondering if he is tall or short.

Paul is 5 ft 10 inches according to the missing posters

http://cube.netsoc.tcd.ie/bunbun.jpg

No worries. I gave the cops in mountjoy this thread too. Hopefully they follow it up. Best of luck.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

username_x wrote: »
    Is it possible that Paul purchased a new "Leap Card"?? They can be used on bus, luas and the train. It would draw less attention to him because he wouldnt have any contact with the bus driver etc., he'd just be scanning his card. May be worth finding out, as each card as a unique number, and when they are sold through paypal, the card number and list of journeys can be traced, it may give some indication as to where he is.

Leap card users have to interact to some extent with drivers, they have to go up to the cab and speak with the driver. If they have a rambler card however, they just scan it in the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Andy!! wrote: »
    Leap card users have to interact to some extent with drivers, they have to go up to the cab and speak with the driver. If they have a rambler card however, they just scan it in the machine.

That is not entirely true you can use a LeapCard without interacting with the driver using the standalone validators.

I really hope Paul is safe and well and gets home soon. I am allways checking this forum for good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Hi All.

I think the possibility he was heading in the direction of the ferry is an interesting lead to be honest. It would be good to rule it in or out, so as to know if he is still in Ireland or else possibly left Ireland.

Surely one or all of the ferry companies keep records of passengers?

I think it would definitely be a good idea to get in touch with them to see if they can help.

Is it possible to buy tickets at the ferry depot, without ID? I also think they have cameras at the ferry depots, definitely at Hollyhead they do.

Apart from that maybe he might have bought a ferry ticket online?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

collier wrote: »
    That is not entirely true you can use a LeapCard without interacting with the driver using the standalone validators.

The ones that you hold the rambler cards up to? How does the fair get decided then? As far as I am aware a leap card user has to go up to the validator thats right beside the cab and in full view of the driver.

To be honest I'm rather curious that he's been spotted in the same place he was last seen... would love to know what that's about. Hopefully it was actually him and he's still with us.

Was he having girl trouble or anything? Was he going through anything out of the ordinary that might explain his dissapearance? Could provide clues to where he might be spending his time or visiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Just a thought does he have a 3V card? You simply top them up in shops. He would be able to buy tickets for a ferry or whatever online using a 3V card? Think the limit on them is a couple of hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

The ones that you hold the rambler cards up to? How does the fair get decided then? As far as I am aware a leap card user has to go up to the validator thats right beside the cab and in full view of the driver.

If you use the standalone validator then the fair deducted is a flat fair of €2.40. I am not here to argue the workings of bus ticketing etc.

I constantly view this thread with the hope of coming across good news.

Paul, If you happen to view this thread please contact someone who you trust just so your familys mind can be put at ease knowing you are safe.

If anyone else happens to have any lead at all please act on it as quickly as possible do not rely on "someone else might do it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Arkhitekton

To be honest I'm rather curious that he's been spotted in the same place he was last seen... would love to know what that's about. Hopefully it was actually him and he's still with us.

Was he having girl trouble or anything? Was he going through anything out of the ordinary that might explain his dissapearance? Could provide clues to where he might be spending his time or visiting...

What are you talking about? When was he spotted? Are confusing his the place where he was last seen with a new sighting or something?

Also, I'm sure his family have looked into anything that could provide clues. Are you just being a bit nosy asking those questions???;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What are you talking about? When was he spotted? Are confusing his the place where he was last seen with a new sighting or something?

Also, I'm sure his family have looked into anything that could provide clues. Are you just being a bit nosy asking those questions???;)

In fairness Arkhitekton thinking aloud could be just someone voicing/writing their concerns, it doesn't necessarily mean they are being nosey. Questions being asked includes all possibilities, that can only be a good thing. Don't turn it into something negative like nosiness. :/ Anything may be a possibility. I don't care if I'd seem nosey by doing so, I'd still mention it in case it hasn't been thought of already. :/

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Just a thought does he have a 3V card? You simply top them up in shops. He would be able to buy tickets for a ferry or whatever online using a 3V card? Think the limit on them is a couple of hundred.

I was thinking of that too. Or those Pre-paid Debit Cards you can buy in a shop now, you top them up in shop and you can book anything online tickets, hotels, etc. with them just like a real Credit Card. Anyone can go into a shop and buy the card, your name isn't needed for anything. But as for topping up, obviously you would have to have money on you ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

A bit harsh Arkhitekton, don't you think?? People are just trying to be helpful here and these kind of comments don't help one bit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

mod note

I am sure everyone posting here is well meaning. However the thread has already had one significant clean up and should not need another one.

Paul's family are obviously keeping tabs on this thread, and the situation is doubtlessly stressful enough for them without wading through the usual boards style to and fro.

This is not a regular thread. It is here to raise awareness of the situation. It is not here to satisfy anybody's curiosity about particulars, however well meaning they may sound or feel.

Before posting, ask yourself if you are about to post something which is genuinely helpful to the cause, or more so to your personal appetite for more detail with which you can address your own curiosity. It's understandable, it's human nature, but please stop and think before you click to post.

I am sure that messages of support are gratefully received, and I am not talking about those.

Leave moderation to the moderators. If you see a post you consider problematic for whatever reason, click the report a post button and leave it at that.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

Hi all, I have been watching this thread just like everybody else in hopes of good news and I just had a thought, a very silly one perhaps but it is all I can do to help right now, but I decided to look at a map of the surrounding areas of the o2 docklands which led me to use google maps and walk down the roads as such and keep and eye out for warehouses/parks/areas he may be keeping the head low. Silly, I know but its worth a go and anyone who has the means to get to these places could search them if they had the time. I hope to get don to Dublin soon and help

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Hi all, I have been watching this thread just like everybody else in hopes of good news and I just had a thought, a very silly one perhaps but it is all I can do to help right now, but I decided to look at a map of the surrounding areas of the o2 docklands which led me to use google maps and walk down the roads as such and keep and eye out for warehouses/parks/areas he may be keeping the head low. Silly, I know but its worth a go and anyone who has the means to get to these places could search them if they had the time. I hope to get don to Dublin soon and help

Was thinking the same thing! There's loads of abandoned warehouses round there that look easy enough to break into

• Advertisement

Just saw from the Garda twitter feed (https://twitter.com/#!/GardaTraffic )
    that an appeal for Paul will feature on tonight's episode of Crimecall.

This is on RTE 1 at 10.15 pm to 11.15 pm.

Advertisement