Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a PS3 thanks to Magnet Web TV

• 08-02-2011 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey there

Delighted to offer a 120 Gb Sony PS3, with two controllers and game as a prize from Magnet Web TV
    magnet_2.jpg

Irish broadband provider, Magnet Networks, has launched a free web-based live TV service with Twitter and Facebook integration, making it a first for people in Ireland.

Available at http://www.magnetwebtv.ie, the no-strings-attached service offers live streaming of five Irish channels for free, regardless of provider.

As long as you have a 1Mbit broadband connection all you have to do is to log on to magnetwebtv.ie and register to watch RTE1, Network 2, TV3, TG4 and 3e live from any web browser.

No TV license fees, no cable subscription, no contract, no monthly subscription fee and no software downloads.

From the same web page, users also have the option of running their Twitter and Facebook feeds to comment, tweet and watch updates alongside their TV stream. Similar to other online services, users need only register their full name, username, password and email to avail of the service.

For a monthly fee of €3.99, a total of 21 channels are offered to Magnet broadband subscribers, including BBC’s full range of channels, MTV, VH1 and kids channels Nickelodeon, Nick Toons and Nick Junior.*

Mark Kellett, CEO of Magnet: “There’s no obligation to sign up to Magnet. We are however hoping that people will be so impressed with the service that they will want more and sign up to our broadband packages to avail of additional channels together with our great speeds. But there’s nothing to stop people just availing of the free five.”

Magnet_WebTV_landing%20page.jpg

How do I register?
    • Go to http://www.magnetwebtv.ie and select the "Register Button"
    • Input some basic information- name, username and password
    • You will then be sent an activation email to your email address
    • Click the link on the activation email and you're ready to start watching your five free channels

What bandwidth is needed to view the service?
    • Magnet WebTV needs a 1Mbps broadband to view the live TV part of the service. A line checker such as speedtest.magnet.ie will be able to tell you what speed you have.

Will the service work on Explorer / Firefox / Opera / Chrome / Safari?
    • Yes, Magnet WebTV is designed to work with all web browsers that support the Adobe Flash plug-in
    • If you don't have a plug-in installed or if you have an older version of the plug-in, you'll be prompted to install the latest version or upgrade it when you log in
    • There is no charge for upgrading or installing the Adobe Flash plug-in

Will Magnet WebTV work on my mobile phone or tablet device?
    • Magnet WebTV was designed to run on a web browser, which supports the Adobe Flash Plug-In and has at least 1Mbit of downstream broadband connectivity

How much does it cost and what channels are available to watch?
    • It's free for the five Channel Package - RTÉ 1, RTÉ 2, TV3, TG4 and 3e
    • To get the entire 21 channel package it’s €3.99 per month but you need to be a Magnet Broadband customer to get this.
    • The additional 16 channels are BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, Comedy Central, Comedy Central Extra, BBC News 24, Euronews, Nickelodeon, Nick Toons, Nick Junior, BBC Cbeebies, CBBC, MTV One, VH1 and TMF

To be in with a chance to win the PS3 all you have to do is post below with what TV programme you think you'd watch most on Magnet Web TV, and why.

It could be cartoons, political debate, your favourite soap or whatever you like. Every member who enters a programme and a good reason will be put into the draw.

For any feedback relating to Magnet Web TV, please use this thread.

Winner will be picked Wednesday 16 February and contacted by PM. No cash alternative. Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fergywergy

Id defo watch Fake Street on Magnet Web TV cause its soooo realistic and portrays Irish youth brilliantly

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Ms Brown's Boys

Absolutely brilliant show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Looking forward to being able to watch the Champions League on Tuesday/Wednesdays when there are no TVs available in the house due to the soaps being on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Spooks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Boardwalk Empire....like history-based shows and would like to see how realistic it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

How do I register?
    Go to http://www.magnetwebtv.ie and select the "Register Button"
    Input some basic information- name, username and password
    You will then be sent an activation email to your email address
    Click the link o

there is no register button - there's a sign up to watch tv link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

News, current affairs, politics stuff.

I spend very little time in front of the television but - and in particular in the run-up to election - I often feel I'm missing out on Irish news and political debate. Having it streamed to my laptop, there's a much better chance I'll be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Ms Brown's Boys on RTÈ without a doubt. I can't recall another show that made me laugh so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Would watch Spartacus: Gods of the Arena. Had to Sky+ Blood and Sand as the wife can't stand the gore, so being able to watch the new series online would be much handier

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

arra sure it would have to be ear to the ground because I like to know what's happening with all things earthy! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Arrested Development - stands up to repeat views like no other show.

"Come on!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

It has to be the six nations for me. Biggest annual international sporting event for Ireland in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

The Greatest American Hero. Especially for the theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Mrs Brown's Boys, great laugh, US version of Shameless and South Park :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

The Simpsons

because it is my son's (2 years old) favorite show

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭fabricator

Mrs Brown's Boys and South Park, class shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Definitely Judge Judy on TV3. Not having to get out of bed to lay about watching daytime TV will vastly improve my life! Of course that PS3 would probably drag me out of bed before midday rolls around :D

seriously though, pick me :P

do I get bonus points for being a magnet user before I saw the competition?

• Champions league as my flatmate HATES football so it would be one less argument!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Six Nations and GAA championships - no more arguments over the remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

TV3 inexplicably choose not to pay RTÉ rental to broadcast from the local mast out here in Connemara so I was worried that I couldn't watch tonight's Leaders' Debate at all, but now I can, thanks to Magnet! Heroes.

Now if only all the leaders would step up and be willing to debate and the show might be more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Shameless us, I originally thought it wouldn't work bringing it to the us but it has being a success so far! I love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

The News to see what hilarious antics our comediaticians are up too this week

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheMasterPrawn

The Savage Eye and Political debates, at work and at home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Anything I want - which means I finally don't have to sit through the other half's endless watching of Come Dine with Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Most news programmes & anything cookery based, especially masterchef. Ear to the Ground, Garrai Glas, Mrs Brown's Boys as well -all homegrown (sic) tv programmes. I have freesat in the bedroom but it doesn't include the terrestrial channels so this is perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

I'd watch re runs of Two and a half men on Comedy Central to try and find out where it all went wrong for Charlie Sheen...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

God it's tragic really but news, politics, politics and more politics....would probably watch lastnights line up of the nine clock news, the frontline and Vincent brown ( with just enough time in between the frontline and Vincent brown to make a grilled cheese sandwich!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Don't laugh....Fade Street....purely for the chuckles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Top Gear:

Because I get to watch all the latest fast cars and superb Top Gearesque on a fast Magnet connection via Magnet WebTV sweet!

Thanks Muchly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

the savage eye, this should make my tweeting a more convenient affair

Advertisement