Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back and Bad (Really Bad!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

That's brilliant progress, congrats. A huge milestone so as you say onwards and upwards from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

Tuesday 14th November.

Ran 2 miles at 9:45 on trails,it was unseasonably mild while running.This time last year we were tiptoeing thru the ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Runonewon wrote: »
    Tuesday 14th November.

Ran 2 miles at 9:45 on trails,it was unseasonably mild while running.This time last year we were tiptoeing thru the ice.

Don't say that too loud:D. Just praying it stays away this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congratulations on your return to running, driving and to work...you are an inspiration...keep up the good work...makes us all appreciate what we have and are able to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

You are definitely an inspiration and a reminder of what real achievements look like. I'll be following your thread and cheering you on from across the pond. :)

• Advertisement

ecoli wrote: »
    Don't say that too loud:D. Just praying it stays away this year
    Oooooops Sorry,did i say that out loud!!!!!!;)

Thursday Nov 16th
    I did all the prep work for my run,gear ready,garmin on the wall,light lunch,draged myself out into the wind.When i got out i was done after 800m.Thats all i had to give today.My legs were tired and i generally felt s**te,so i called a halt to my run and stayed out for a walk for aroud 45 mins.It was extreamely stormy and wild out but enjoyable.These days happen,luckily there is a new one tommorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Thursday Nov 16th
    I did all the prep work for my run,gear ready,garmin on the wall,light lunch,draged myself out into the wind.When i got out i was done after 800m.Thats all i had to give today.My legs were tired and i generally felt s**te,so i called a halt to my run and stayed out for a walk for aroud 45 mins.It was extreamely stormy and wild out but enjoyable.These days happen,luckily there is a new one tommorrow!!

Aye we all have those kinda days... no point on dwelling on them either. Fair play for staying out and walking. i would have stomped off home in a sulk :D

Nules10 wrote: »
    Aye we all have those kinda days... no point on dwelling on them either. Fair play for staying out and walking. i would have stomped off home in a sulk :D

I'm prone to the occassional strop myself Nules!:)

Saturday 19 November.
    2.5 miles in the rain,the first mile 10:11 second mile 9:32,last half mile no idea!!felt great after run did some core exercises...not cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Just reading your log now. Well done on your recovery!
    As somebody that has had life saving surgery too in the past, I can relate to the joy that each run can bring. Your log is really inspirational. Will be watching your progress with interest!!

jcsmum wrote: »
    Just reading your log now. Well done on your recovery!
    As somebody that has had life saving surgery too in the past, I can relate to the joy that each run can bring. Your log is really inspirational. Will be watching your progress with interest!!

Thanks jcsmum.
    Hope all is well with you now,I'm just grateful to slogging around my local trails,running has become a critical part of my recovery,it's the best therapy

Tuesday 22 November.
    Ran 3.02 miles today at 9:53 pace.I had to run late with a few friends we were lit up like a moving christmas tree.I'm starting to feel more comfortable when running now,i even looked at the runireland event calender today.......oooooh

Thursday 24 November
    Woke early this morning so decided to get my gear together a head out for a few miles.I ran 3.2 miles at 9:55 pace.It was so mild and quiet at that time of the day.

Mileage creeping up nicely there and pace comin down nicely too :)

Monday 28th November
    The wind and rain almost put me off training this evening,but after planning/resting for this run all weekend i had to go out.You see i planned to run over 5 miles today(DRUM ROLL!!).I sat in the car and the outside temp was 14*c nuts for this time of year.I got going with a slowish first mile,but felt really good,i upped the pace,maintaining it till 4,5miles and slogged thru the last half mile.So today i ran 5.04 miles at 9:49 pace waayhaaay.I'm still in shock i feel like i've ran a marathon.Time really is a great healer.

Congratulations ,you are flying. keep up the good work!

Well done on the 5 miles that's fantastic. Nice pace too well
    Under 10 min mile. God I struggle to do that on some of my runs. Your
    Progress has been fantastic since you started your log with 1mile runs. Brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Fair play to you, only reading your blog there. Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

That's absolutely brilliant, well done.

• Advertisement

Wednesday 30 November.
    Went for a run against my better judgement,and proceed to get "waterlogged".I ran 2.5 miles at 10;15 pace in a storm.i had planned to run a little more but i decided to cut my losses as the weather closed in.Home Jeeves

Wednesday 30 November.
    Went for a run against my better judgement,and proceed to get "waterlogged".I ran 2.5 miles at 10;15 pace in a storm.i had planned to run a little more but i decided to cut my losses as the weather closed in.Home Jeeves
    :eek: sounds like you got it alot worse over your way. But 2.5miles in conditions like that is nothing to be sniffed at, at least you got out... sometimes i feel that is the biggest achievement... getting out the door :) wind has died down but no doubt will pick up just ion time for our runs later on :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

You did better than me in that weather. I just looked at it out the window, shook my head and then got on the treadmill :o:D

Monday 12 December.
    Finally got out to run this evening after a nasty dose of the flu,i've been coughing and spluttering my way thru the last 10 days.I wanted to make sure i got rid of it before i started back.Did 2.75 miles at 9:44 pace.it was hard work in the wind but nice to get going again.

Respect for getting out in that weather tonight. Brrr. That first run back after a dose is always tough going.

Wednesday 14 December.
    Ran 3.3 miles at 9:23 min/mile.Really good run for me.Felt strong all thru.all the crap runs fade away when you have one good one!

....all the crap runs fade away when you have one good one!

Very true and its what helps to keep us going out time and time again whether we feel like it or not...it just might be one of the good ones:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Well done great preogress alltogether!

Saturday December 17th.
    I'm not sure whats going on at the moment but i ran 3.8 miles at 9:19 pace,my last 2 runs are a vast improvement on my usual slogs,i can't wait to run on Monday.I will of course pay for this pace at some point, but its great fun while it lasts.

• Advertisement

Saturday 18 December.
    Woke early this morning and decided to do a short run before the rest of the house got up.Ran 2.5 mile loop on trails near my house.don't know how fast i was going ,left my watch at home its a distraction.

Advertisement