Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My teacher Number..

• 18-12-2007 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

Hi! Quick question for ye..

I did 2days subbing at the start of september, it was my first time..I filled out all the relevant forms..few weeks later I got a statement from the Dept of Ed of what I earned/it in my account..all grand.

I did another 2days subbings last week..but I don't know what my teacher number is..I checked that statement thing but it doesn't say it on it..I know it should start with '99'

Where would I find out as I need to ring the school and give it to them.

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ring the body who paid you.
    Do you have any payslips kept?
    The number should be on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ya I have the payslip here infront of me..where abouts should it be on it?
    I see my pps number, payroll number, my name, how many days I was paid for.

Am I just blind?:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would have taken payroll number as the number.
    Are you talking about primary teaching? I've been teaching 20 odd years at second level and have no teacher number (that I know of) other than my staff/payroll number.
    Perhaps it's a primary thing?

Regardless, your PPS number should tell them who you are.

Yeah, sorry I should have said, im primary teaching.

Well they have my PPS number. Sur if they've any problems they can ring me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Well they have my PPS number. Sur if they've any problems they can ring me.

HAHAHAHA, cynical me don't hold your breath in teaching payrolls. If you have a problem, you need to ring them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Theres 4 codes/numbers written in the oval white space beside the harp on the front of the pay slips.

Your teacher number should be the 4th one. Mine is an 8 digit number followed by a letter.. starting with 99.

Righteo...I see the oval white space and with the four sets of codes/numbers/letters in it.

The 4th code is 7 digits long containing no letters..so if I put 99 infront of these 7 numbers I should have my teacher number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Righteo...I see the oval white space and with the four sets of codes/numbers/letters in it.

The 4th code is 7 digits long containing no letters..so if I put 99 infront of these 7 numbers I should have my teacher number?

No I'd say that your number there is the one allocated to you. No point putting in extra numbers.

You'll only ever need that for paperwork anyway.. if you're ringing them for any reason they ask for your pps number.

Advertisement