Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Looks resolved:

"
    With regards the number of attacks on young women over the past few months which included a friend of mine. She positively identified a man in Blanchardstown garda station yesterday who also confirmed it was the same man in all recent attempted attacks.
    I'm not sure if you can relay this message on to the group to ease the fears of parents and young women in the area.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Shiranui wrote: »
    Looks resolved:

"
    With regards the number of attacks on young women over the past few months which included a friend of mine. She positively identified a man in Blanchardstown garda station yesterday who also confirmed it was the same man in all recent attempted attacks.
    I'm not sure if you can relay this message on to the group to ease the fears of parents and young women in the area.
    "

A source for that extract is always helpful for people to see.

qoj9cl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I'm very surprised, maybe even a bit sceptical, that the guards would state that the person they have in custody at present (and as of yet, far as we know there are no charges) is the same person responsible for all the previous attacks.

Would such a statement, being spread all over social media, not seriously prejudice any further criminal proceedings? I wouldn't like to see a person like this, if guilty of the crime, subsequently get off lightly in court because they could claim they weren't given a fair trial. It just seems like something that the guards wouldn't do, for the often quoted "operational reasons".

Arciphel wrote: »
    I'm very surprised, maybe even a bit sceptical, that the guards would state that the person they have in custody at present (and as of yet, far as we know there are no charges) is the same person responsible for all the previous attacks.

Would such a statement, being spread all over social media, not seriously prejudice any further criminal proceedings? I wouldn't like to see a person like this, if guilty of the crime, subsequently get off lightly in court because they could claim they weren't given a fair trial. It just seems like something that the guards wouldn't do, for the often quoted "operational reasons".

That wasn't a statement by the Guards. It was a private message, chosen to be published by the online group themselves.

I think the guards would privately inform someone of that info but they wouldn't publicly state it.

I agree in that the Guards wouldn't issue a statement to confirm that, but privately they'd tell someone in person.

In any case, it's great news. I hope the guy gets what's coming to him, the reports of what was attempted in the park next to CCC last Saturday is chilling and could have ended up who know what way.

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    In any case, it's great news. I hope the guy gets what's coming to him, the reports of what was attempted in the park next to CCC last Saturday is chilling and could have ended up who know what way.

I feel a big problem is all of the spurious and false reports that appear on social media, that take from the genuine ones. So many are reported where you ask yourself, 'did you ring the guards?'.

I have to give most of them a health check before taking them even remote serious, but these highlighted ones are genuine.

A response from the superintendent is on the way so it'll be cleared up soon I'm sure.

It seems like the person who did this has not been caught yet, see update below. Good to know what the current situation is in any case.

1lXZVkz.png

I believe the person has been identified. the problem is, the Garda would need witnesses for other attacks to come forward and link the same suspect that they have verified for one case - to the other cases.

They need to make the charges stick.

Interesting to see who it is, because it's not an isolated occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Related to above?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1025/654811-carpenterstown-assault/
    A man is being sought in connection with a sexual assault on a woman in her 30s in west Dublin on 18 October.
    The woman was attacked at around 7.30am last Saturday at Carpenterstown Park, known locally as Tir Na nÓg Park, on Diswellstown Road.
    The woman was approached and assaulted by a man while walking through the park.
    The man is described as being Caucasian, around 5'8" (1.76m) tall, aged in his late 20s, with straight brown hair that is short at the back and longer in the front. He wore braces on his teeth.
    He spoke good English with a foreign accent. He was wearing a grey hooded-top and dirty, beige trousers at the time of the incident.
    Gardaí are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information, particularly those who were in the vicinity of Carpenterstown Park on Saturday morning between the hours of 6.45am and 7.45am to contact them at Blanchardstown Garda station on 01 6667000, the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666111 or any Garda Station. Anyone who may have noticed any activity in the park over the last number of weeks is also asked to call Blanchardstown Garda Station.

L9Qf3L7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

10336742_932751353420396_3058414891385814299_n.jpg?oh=a373c9ac029a55007183c7962c5f029b&oe=54B24B35

Last night around 2 someone opened our side gate and let our dogs out. We got 2 back but are still missing 1. If anyone in the Briarwood/huntstown area or near it who sees a small jack russell running around please let me no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

PucaMama wrote: »
    Last night around 2 someone opened our side gate and let our dogs out. We got 2 back but are still missing 1. If anyone in the Briarwood/huntstown area or near it who sees a small jack russell running around please let me no.

Do you have a photo? Might be worth posting here too ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057211777&page=4

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Do you have a photo? Might be worth posting here too ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057211777&page=4

edited to ad a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

I will keep an eye, hopefully we will find your dog PucaMama.

Btw nice references to Blade Runner in your sig / location :D
    Good to know proper geeks live on my street haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I live round the corner from there so will keep eye out for this guy.
    I like blade runner too. :)

thanks :D cheering me up :o unfortunatly no news on dodger we think someone has him :(

:D:D:D delighted to say dodger is home

Anyone else have a house party going on beside them tonight? Is this really the place for them in the middle of so many houses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Anyone else have a house party going on beside them tonight? Is this really the place for them in the middle of so many houses?

It wouldn't be a house party if it wasn't in a house! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

While it might be annoying, if it's only once in a blue moon like on Halloween or something, I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe they could have let the neighbours know in advance out of politeness but unless it was happening every weekend or it was totally out of control, I'd just put up with the noise and let them have their fun for the night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Same here, the odd party is fine - annoying on the night but once it's not too often you can deal with it, just part and parcel of city life.

• Advertisement

I was tired last nite :) nothing like 20 plus people screaming along to backstreet boys at 1am to put you in a mood.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Backstreet Boys, holy crap now there's a crime worth reporting right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

So it wasn't even a good party then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Everybody is a great Halloween song!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SilverStones

did someone crash into the side of paddy power / the meridian clinic in Ongar? or is it a pyrite issue? I passed there last week and the wall is badly dented, from the ground up - no protective barriers or warnings in place but if a block of concrete was to fall (the cracked ones look extremely loose) - it would cause a serious injury, especially as the two fans from paddy power are directly above and very close to the cracks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Has anyone else been receiving notes in their doors looking for 'any accommodation you may have' . Got 2 last week, seems to be a new phenomena in the housing crisis.
    Like your heart would go out to them, but these people, almost made me feel guilty for living in my house and not giving it to them. One looked handwritten , one typed then photocopied.
    I'd say the writers were not native Irish by their turn of speech. One couple with 3 kids are living in a room in a 2 bed but owner wants them out.
    First time id seen a 'begging letter' for accommodation, really would not like to be looking for a house atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WTSIB

What, really, do posts 2201/2215 have to do with "N/Watch" - surely other forums would be more appropriate.

WTSIB wrote: »
    What, really, do posts 2201/2215 have to do with "N/Watch" - surely other forums would be more appropriate.

My dog was missing in the area then I was asking about a disruptive house party in the area So yes, neighbourhood issues....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WTSIB

Neighbourhood Watch is, and generally has been, in my view, a security/ crime related / advisory thread.

Dogs, allowed out (on leads ??) and lost, (as dogs may do, by their nature), should be reported on the "Lost and Found Animals " forum, which is quite active.

Annoying house parties are by their nature, annoying, but should be dealt with on a Residents Association level rather than on this site.

While the OP may have picked the wrong forum the respondents were equally culpable. !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah lighten up. Even the mod of the forum doesn't have a problem with the posts.

The OP's dog was let out of her back garden when someone opened the side gate.

Advertisement