Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Model scouts

• 08-11-2010 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/tv/themodelscouts/

Did anyone watch this last week? I cant find a thread on it.If one already started sorry.

In a new series brought to you by Sideline Productions - The Model Scouts - follows the journey of 12 young Irish girls who compete to win a contract with IMG, one of the most prestigious modelling agencies in the world. IMG Scouts Jeni Rose and David Cunningham travel the length and breadth of Ireland, holding open castings as they look for the face of Ireland's next model sensation.

They had 30 girls and could have picked so many more they said.
    Now down to 12.
    So far i think Jessica and Ellen.
    jessica_kelly_01.jpg Jessica
    Jessica Kelly

ellen_flanagan_1.jpg Ellen
    Name: Ellen Flanagan

becky_ali_01.jpg Becky

Name: Becky Ali

justine_kelly_01.jpg
    Justine Kelly

sarah_taylor_01.jpg
    Sarah Taylor

shannean_gormley_01.jpg
    Shannean Gormley

tabea_weyrauch_01.jpg
    Tabea Weyrauch

lucy_moore_01.jpg
    Lucy Moore

aishling_oconnell_01.jpg
    Name: Aishling O'Connell

lauren_owens_01.jpg
    Lauren Owens

katie_mcginn_01.jpg

Katie McGinn

heather_obrien_01.jpg

Heather O'Brien

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wonni

Its a great show so far, normal girls taking a chance on a dream looking forward to 2nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

caseyann wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/themodelscouts/

Did anyone watch this last week? I cant find a thread on it.If one already started sorry.

In a new series brought to you by Sideline Productions - The Model Scouts - follows the journey of 12 young Irish girls who compete to win a contract with IMG, one of the most prestigious modelling agencies in the world. IMG Scouts Jeni Rose and David Cunningham travel the length and breadth of Ireland, holding open castings as they look for the face of Ireland's next model sensation.

They had 30 girls and could have picked so many more they said.
    Now down to 12.
    So far i think Jessica and Ellen.
    jessica_kelly_01.jpg Jessica
    Jessica Kelly

ellen_flanagan_1.jpg Ellen
    Name: Ellen Flanagan

becky_ali_01.jpg Becky

Name: Becky Ali

justine_kelly_01.jpg
    Justine Kelly

sarah_taylor_01.jpg
    Sarah Taylor

tabea_weyrauch_01.jpg
    Tabea Weyrauch

lucy_moore_01.jpg
    Lucy Moore

aishling_oconnell_01.jpg
    Name: Aishling O'Connell

lauren_owens_01.jpg
    Lauren Owens

katie_mcginn_01.jpg

Katie McGinn

Two down and ten to go :)

wonni wrote: »
    Its a great show so far, normal girls taking a chance on a dream looking forward to 2nite

I agree :)
    The girls did amazing tonight,they looked stunning:) Walking on the catwalk they did really well :)

Jessica is really standing out for me right now.London next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tracy Lee

watched the first 2 episodes. its great. has a real feel to it compared to all the other model shows. the first week was ok but the last episode in carton house was great. and the runway show looked really good. like jessica, tabea, ellen and aishling. cant wait for next week in london

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I've watched the first two episodes and it's just meh. It's no ANTM that's for sure.

What REALLY annoys me about that programme and last year's search for a model programme on RTE is that guy who does the voiceover. He has the most annoying voice in the universe, I hate his voice. How can RTE pick such an irritating voice for a tv programme, aaaargh :mad:

I read an interview before the series started with the IMG scouts and they were at pains to say that the reason they were involved in this show was because it was not ANTM. and that they had no interest in making ANTM. But that they were trying to show the process from scouting a girl to when she would work as a model in the industry.

so from that perspective they seem to be on track. and its way better already than the last series. was it called model agent last year??

I'm tired of the whole NTM franchise anyway.

• Advertisement

just checked the credits and that annoying vo guy you mention is actually Hugh O Connor. I assume its the actor Hugh O Connor. Does sound like him. great actor

Tracy Lee wrote: »
    I read an interview before the series started with the IMG scouts and they were at pains to say that the reason they were involved in this show was because it was not ANTM. and that they had no interest in making ANTM. But that they were trying to show the process from scouting a girl to when she would work as a model in the industry.

so from that perspective they seem to be on track. and its way better already than the last series. was it called model agent last year??

I'm tired of the whole NTM franchise anyway.

I did not watch that one,I do know this one i am enjoying, it is better than Americas next top model etc... IMO :)
    Caitriona Balfe looked stunning aswell.Only Irish model to be world known right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I really liked the Model Agent but I think I'm liking the Model Scouts more! I do love ANTM but it's getting so gimicky, this is a nice change I find!

This is last year's winner, Carrie Anne Burton, for anyone who didn't watch it. Loved her from the start, haven't found a girl I love this year yet! I think Tabea is a favourite for me at the moment anyway.
    lg_7503_CarrieAnneLondonTest5.jpg

just been on their facebook page and apparently rte are not showing it tomorrow night cos of the rugby:mad:. its not on til tuesday week.

I like Tabea too but I think Jessica and Aishling could go far

tomissex wrote: »
    I really liked the Model Agent but I think I'm liking the Model Scouts more! I do love ANTM but it's getting so gimicky, this is a nice change I find!

This is last year's winner, Carrie Anne Burton, for anyone who didn't watch it. Loved her from the start, haven't found a girl I love this year yet! I think Tabea is a favourite for me at the moment anyway.
    lg_7503_CarrieAnneLondonTest5.jpg
    Wow she is beautiful girl,She has amazing bone structure and eyes :)

Jessica is my favourite so far.
    The more it progresses and we see their poses etc.. done up etc.. We will be able to get better idea.

just been on their facebook page and apparently rte are not showing it tomorrow night cos of the rugby:mad:. its not on til tuesday week.

I like Tabea too but I think Jessica and Aishling could go far

I dont believe it :mad: I was really looking forward to that.They could have put it on earlier or after it.Not like they have the best line up on tv:mad:

• Advertisement

really enjoyed last nights show. not as good as the last episode but some of the girls are really going for it now. still think jessica and tabea are favourites. cant wait for paris next week

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭liverpool100

Aishling O'Connell- hope she their near the end

she sounds like great fun as well

I think she will be. she was gorgeous tonight in the cafe shoot. starting to change my idea of whos gonna win. this is a smashing show. Paris was brilliant. and the girls looked amazing. couldnt see lauren going. thought she was one of the stronger ones in the shoot. roll on sydney. cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mtnh

I'm very impressed with this show. Miles better than ATNM or the British version. Just seems a lot more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Lauren works in Penneys in Swords so I'd already guessed she didn't win but she told me on Saturday that she didn't get to Sydney...i was so annoyed! :p

Lauren looks great and was amazing in the shoot in paris. was really disappointed she didnt get through. love this show. cant believe its not getting more publicity and feedback. great to see a show that feels realistic after all the obvious set up scenarios on the likes of apprentice and ANTM. well done rte on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aisling2010

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I've watched the first two episodes and it's just meh. It's no ANTM that's for sure.

What REALLY annoys me about that programme and last year's search for a model programme on RTE is that guy who does the voiceover. He has the most annoying voice in the universe, I hate his voice. How can RTE pick such an irritating voice for a tv programme, aaaargh :mad:
    I just have to say that I worked with hugh o'conor (the guy who does the vioice over) when I was doing my work experience this year (I'm in transition year) and he was the nicest person you can ever meet. I was so lucky to have ended up working with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

Jessica is EASILY my favourite. Such a great look.

Lucy and Tabea are good too.

Jessica is EASILY my favourite. Such a great look.

Lucy and Tabea are good too.

She does look great and shes very funny. definitely the best personality I think

She does look great and shes very funny. definitely the best personality I think

"I don't think I'm the prettiest girl in the world, but I don't think I'm ugly".

:D

I think she has just the right amount of cockiness, and would have the thick skin required for the industry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I just have to say that I worked with hugh o'conor (the guy who does the vioice over) when I was doing my work experience this year (I'm in transition year) and he was the nicest person you can ever meet. I was so lucky to have ended up working with him.
    When I hear that idiots voice it makes me want to break the tv :mad:

wow and do you label him an idiot cos you know Hugh O Connor or simply based on the sound of his voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Started watching this with the girlfriend, it's quite good. :o

I hope Aisling wins.

Johner wrote: »
    Started watching this with the girlfriend, it's quite good. :o

I hope Aisling wins.

I like Aisling's confidence. Gorgeous eyes too.

I think Aisling is great but I just cant see her winning. She has a very pretty face and a good attitude but I think Ellen and Tabea are more striking

I think Aisling is great but I just cant see her winning. She has a very pretty face and a good attitude but I think Ellen and Tabea are more striking

Yeah, I think Tabea, Jessica and Lucy are far more striking. Sadly for Aisling, she just looks too Irish! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

wow and do you label him an idiot cos you know Hugh O Connor or simply based on the sound of his voice?
    I haven't a clue who he is, maybe I should have said his idiotic voice ;)

I haven't a clue who he is, maybe I should have said his idiotic voice ;)

might have been a better way to phrase it alright. guess we all have an opinion. mine is that I like Hugh O Connor and I like his vo

the model scouts have the photos from the photo shoot in sydney up on their facebook page. Ellen and Tabea are stand out. I already know the budget is gonna be horrible so I'll watch the model scouts instead for an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kateof

I'm loving the model scouts, I think Tabea is a natural, but a part of me finds the show a tad bland!
    There's no bitchiness, like on NTM? A bit of 'evil' makes great tv, maybe next year they could find a bitcy mag editor or someone to bring a bit of OMG to the show. Just my opinion, Dont get me wrong tho, I like that the scouts treat the girls with respect and kindness, I just crave someone to bitch about!!!!

Advertisement