Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multicopter & Aerial photography

• 15-04-2012 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Anyone using a multicopter for aerial photography. Looking at setting myself up with a system and wouldn't mind talking to some experienced people out there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

Somebody out there must know something........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I flew one a fair few times. Was not a big fan of it really. That doesnt mean others wouldnt be though. Got some good photos with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

What system do you have and what camera did you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It was not actually my own system. I flew it for someone now and again.

It was a mikrokopter quad. I used a t-rex 600 with a 3 axis mount i made, which was better, vibration was easier to eliminate on the t-rex 600 setup because the vibration is lower frequency etc.

The mikrokopter was interesting though, it had position hold etc, which was handy.

It all depends on what you are going to want to photograph or video. We used a radian glider as well, which i thought was the best of all.

Cameras for stills were compact cameras, for video it was the go pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PJ.Harte

Here is some shots from a Multicopter

https://vimeo.com/41287801

PJ

• Advertisement
Advertisement