Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone now offering free any network text or free Voda calls and text for life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's kicking off now. Just waiting til someone (other than 3 who frankly no one sees as a competitor) launches a prepay data plan! They'll all come out together and irish customers will rejoice again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

3 pre pay is still better than the vodafone and meteor offers if you have to call people off network...

5cent calls, texts, video messages, picture messages, 18cent to landlines, 18 cent to other 3 phones, 35cent to all other mobile, free msn & free skype...
    No minimum call charge, Free Voicemail, Per second billing....

People stuck with there head in the mud might not see them as competition, but I bet someone in vodafone is wondering where 20,000 customers went last year.....;)

Mmmm wonder what 3 will come out with next for pay as you go http://www.three.co.uk/personal/price_plans_/pay_as_you_go_/do_more.omp Your dreams may be answerd yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭long_b

Fairly vicious, isn't it ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

5cent calls, texts, video messages, picture messages, 18cent to landlines, 18 cent to other 3 phones, 35cent to all other mobile, free msn & free skype...
    No minimum call charge, Free Voicemail, Per second billing....
    i'm assuming that was a mistake?
    People stuck with there head in the mud might not see them as competition, but I bet someone in vodafone is wondering where 20,000 customers went last year.....;)
    tbh, the problem with 3 isn't their offers, it's their level of service

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i'm assuming that was a mistake?

tbh, the problem with 3 isn't their offers, it's their level of service

No mistake, they are cheaper and always have been

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

I've no problem with there service and i've been with them over 2 years, after dealing with eircom and BT I find it hard to fault there service in comprison...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

I've no problem with there service and i've been with them over 2 years, after dealing with eircom and BT I find it hard to fault there service in comprison...

nowhere on that page does it say calls are 5c

.....should have gone to specsavers.

i was specifically talking about the 5c calls bit, the bit i highlighted. they're 18c no?

i've had some problems

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I bet someone in vodafone is wondering where 20,000 customers went last year.....;)
    They went to meteor. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    They went to meteor. :pac:

Now that I don't believe...:D

• Advertisement

i was specifically talking about the 5c calls bit, the bit i highlighted. they're 18c no?

i've had some problems

Err....that was a typo, I should have said free calls, 5cent is a little steep, cough, cough, "skype" wait 24hrs and see does it fix itself....

Sam, I wouldn't have the patience, i'd be straight on to the manager and i'd hound that one person until the problem is sorted, get a point of contact and stay with them until it's sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Sam, I wouldn't have the patience, i'd be straight on to the manager and i'd hound that one person until the problem is sorted, get a point of contact and stay with them until it's sorted...

i asked to speak to higher people all the time but they refused.

the other day a friend of mine had to call them the other day because since he ported to meteor from o2, no 3 numbers can call him. basically 3 never updated their systems so they still think he's on o2 and so anyone on 3 who calls him gets a number not in service message. i'm sure everyone reading this can see that the problem is obviously at 3's end and nothing to do with his phone. unfortunately, 3 customer care didn't see this

he asked to speak to the technical team and was refused until the person he was talking to went through the normal basic pointless troubleshooting procedures.

1. she told him to turn his phone off and on (it's been going on for two months)

2. when that didn't work she told him to turn it off, take the sim card out and leave it a few minutes

3. she asked what phone he has and when he said a nokia 2630, she suggested that it might be because he didn't have a 3g phone. he reminded her that he's on meteor

so these and many more stupid questions until he was finally transferred to the "technical team" and the woman went through exactly the same troubleshooting procedures. so he asked to speak to the technical team again and she said ok. who had he been transferred to you might ask....

so he got transferred to a third person.....who went through exactly the same procedures. finally he asked for a trouble ticket to be raised and she went away for a minute and then said it was done. so he asked for the ticket number and she said "oh.....emmm......i'll have to ask you a few questions" and proceeded to go through the same questions again because she had been lying when she said she raised a trouble ticket.

these are not isolated incidents

btw, the problem is still not fixed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

i asked to speak to higher people all the time but they refused.

the other day a friend of mine had to call them the other day because since he ported to meteor from o2, no 3 numbers can call him. basically 3 never updated their systems so they still think he's on o2 and so anyone on 3 who calls him gets a number not in service message. i'm sure everyone reading this can see that the problem is obviously at 3's end and nothing to do with his phone. unfortunately, 3 customer care didn't see this

he asked to speak to the technical team and was refused until the person he was talking to went through the normal basic pointless troubleshooting procedures.

1. she told him to turn his phone off and on (it's been going on for two months)

2. when that didn't work she told him to turn it off, take the sim card out and leave it a few minutes

3. she asked what phone he has and when he said a nokia 2630, she suggested that it might be because he didn't have a 3g phone. he reminded her that he's on meteor

so these and many more stupid questions until he was finally transferred to the "technical team" and the woman went through exactly the same troubleshooting procedures. so he asked to speak to the technical team again and she said ok. who had he been transferred to you might ask....

so he got transferred to a third person.....who went through exactly the same procedures. finally he asked for a trouble ticket to be raised and she went away for a minute and then said it was done. so he asked for the ticket number and she said "oh.....emmm......i'll have to ask you a few questions" and proceeded to go through the same questions again because she had been lying when she said she raised a trouble ticket.

these are not isolated incidents

btw, the problem is still not fixed
    Hahaha... To make it worse, you are dealing with people who speak broken english...

the other day a friend of mine had to call them the other day because since he ported to meteor from o2, no 3 numbers can call him

That's a meteor problem not a 3 problem, you should be dealing with Meteor customer care and no one else....

Can't blame 3 for that one....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

The reason its not sorted for him is the issue has nothing to do with 3 its a problem between o2 and meteor and the way the calls are being routed. Why did he not call his previous/current network provider. He has no reason to be calling 3 to sort out this problem. 3 balls simply get routed to the network the number originated from after that its up to o2/meteor.

this is the full story. he was on meteor bill pay and wanted to move to meteor pre pay but they said he couldn't while he was still in contract. so he ported to o2 and then ported back to meteor the next day.

when he ported to o2, a message was sent to all networks saying "this guys on o2 now, route your calls here". then when he ported to meteor, they sent out a message saying "this guys on meteor now, route your calls here". all the networks got the message except for 3.

he called meteor as he should have done and they escalated it to their technical team. three weeks later nothing had been done because meteor kept telling 3 about the problem but they weren't doing anything about it. i suggested he might have more luck if he contacted them directly. i was wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

To clarify my earlier point about not seeing 3 as competition - if they give their calls away free I won't be using them. Their customer service is terrible, they do not listen on the phone (or do not understand - I don't know which is worse) and they generally could not give a toss about you.

I've had numerous dealings with them and the only successful outcome I ever had was cancelling a broadband contract when I got to speak to someone in the UK who understood what I was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You might not see 3 as competition but im sure the other networks do. They are the fastest growing network in the country now with 7% market share. I know most people here hate them (with good reason im sure taking into account each of your individual issues you have had) but I thankfully have only ever had one billing problem to which they admitted and was credited on my next bill. Never a problem with roaming or coverage. Now just looking forward to seeing what they will do with 3pay.

this is the full story. he was on meteor bill pay and wanted to move to meteor pre pay but they said he couldn't while he was still in contract. so he ported to o2 and then ported back to meteor the next day.

there's no way any network will let you port out your number while your still in contract....the story continues:rolleyes:

It's a 100% meteor routing problem, 3 have no part in this fiasco.....

• Advertisement

there's no way any network will let you port out your number while your still in contract....the story continues:rolleyes:
    Course you can. You just pay off the remaining bills.. Very easy really.

Course you can. You just pay off the remaining bills.. Very easy really.

smart ass, you know what i mean:D

yes, they 100% definitely will. i know this because in my years working in phone shops i did it hundreds of times.
    It's a 100% meteor routing problem, 3 have no part in this fiasco.....
    then how is it that the other two networks got the message and updated their routing properly? why has this happened many times with 3 but never with any other networks?

why is it that a huge percentage of the ports i did with 3 went wrong and took weeks to sort out?
    one example i saw a few time was people who could call out from their phone fine after porting to 3 but if someone called them, the call arrived on their old phone. 3 had "half ported" them. this and many other disasters were a common occurence

yes, they 100% definitely will. i know this because in my years working in phone shops i did it hundreds of times.

then how is it that the other two networks got the message and updated their routing properly?

They will if you pay up what you owe them, as long there is no money owed and there out of contract then there free to port...i've done it a few times so I know the story....;)

He's a Meteor customer, it's up to them to sort out the problem, it's not 3's problem....agree with me here....you know from experience it's up to metero to sort it with 3 not the end user....

They will if you pay up what you owe them, as long there is no money owed and there out of contract then there free to port...
    Nobody ever claimed they were trying to avoid paying termination fee.

i've done it a few times so I know the story....;)
    Clearly you dont.

They will if you pay up what you owe them, as long there is no money owed and there out of contract then there free to port...i've done it a few times so I know the story....;)
    nope. you can port any time you want and they'll send you a final bill with the owed months plus any calls. the only time they'll block it is if you've failed to pay a bill and they've suspended the account.

He's a Meteor customer, it's up to them to sort out the problem, it's not 3's problem....agree with me here....you know from experience it's up to metero to sort it with 3 not the end user....

i know it's normally up to meteor. that's why he called meteor and waited three weeks for a resolution with no success. that's when i suggested he should call the network who actually have something wrong with their systems and see if he can get them to fix them. my thinking was that he might have more luck as a consumer than the IT guys at meteor who can be more easily ignored

it was officially meteor's job to fix the problem but since the problem wasn't at their end, all they could do was call 3 and ask them to fix their network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Hahaha... To make it worse, you are dealing with people who speak broken english...

They put Cork people on the phones? For the love of....

BostonB wrote: »
    They put Cork people on the phones? For the love of....
    Hello, you are through to 3 customer care bhoy. :D

Hello, you are through to 3 customer care bhoy. :D

+1:D

What's the story fella?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

That was a pretty quick response from Vodafone! Anyone on O2 feel a bit left out!? :P

Advertisement