Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

I want to see a complete new cast, not a reboot, i want the events of the previous 3 to be still there and not just like it never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

syklops wrote: »
    JP3 was far from epic. Funnily enough, JP2, which was a very weak book, was a terrific movie.

Really? i loved the book, thought there was some really chilling moments like
    when the 'raptors are darting across the field to attack someone, but in full view of the person rather than under the cover of the high grass like in the movie, and when they were jumping up at the tree house / hide trying to get the people up there. Also the T-Rex feeding the baddie to his young was better i.e baddie realised he's been lured into the T-Rex's nest for that purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

My unpopular movie opinion: the original Jurassic Park was not a very good movie. Long, tedious opening before the dinos show up (could have been 30 seconds), all sorts of characters splitting up to look for the cat, paper thin cartoon characters, mystical nonsense from Goldblum the alleged mathematician etc. etc.

It was saved in the cinema by the T-Rex and Raptor sequences, but as a film, it's pretty dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Isn't there a dinosaur in the opening sequence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

My unpopular movie opinion: the original Jurassic Park was not a very good movie. Long, tedious opening before the dinos show up (could have been 30 seconds), all sorts of characters splitting up to look for the cat, paper thin cartoon characters, mystical nonsense from Goldblum the alleged mathematician etc. etc.

It was saved in the cinema by the T-Rex and Raptor sequences, but as a film, it's pretty dire.
    It was amazing :eek:

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Isn't there a dinosaur in the opening sequence?

There is a dinosaur's eyeball, IIRC.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There is a dinosaur's eyeball, IIRC.

Ah yea, but a good monster move never reveals the monster at the start.

The scene where they're driving around and Sam Neil sees the Brachiasaurs for the first time still gives me goosebumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I am kinda disappointed they probably won't go down the dinosaurs with guns route they had threatened.

Because, as **** as Jurassic Park 4 is likely to be, it would at least be a unique **** if they had guns.

Shure why not do a Turok movie instead? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This post is fcuking hilarious. It's your opinion that JP isn't good but while I disagree I will respect what you think. The pacing of the film was bang on and the introduction of the 'dinos' was perfect. What cat are you on about? What mystical nonsense was Goldblum's spouting? I really love JP and watching it in the cinema nearly 20 years ago was magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

Maybe they will use some ideas from this old school game! http://www.coolrom.com/screenshots/mame/Cadillacs%20and%20Dinosaurs%20(World%20930201).gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I wonder would all the dinosaurs this time around be carrying walkie talkies :pac::pac:

What cat are you on about?

Jones, the cat in Alien.

Jones, the cat in Alien.

Ha Ha your nuts:D

Ha Ha your nuts:D

Come on, it's standard horror/action movie stuff:

"There's a dangerous alien loose on the ship! Also, Jones is missing."

"OK, everyone, let's split up and look for the cat".

Come on, it's standard horror/action movie stuff:

"There's a dangerous alien loose on the ship! Also, Jones is missing."

"OK, everyone, let's split up and look for the cat".

How can you just throw in a random Alien reference in a JP discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Lost World came out august 7th 1997 (my birfday is how i remember the date), went on my first ever "date" if you will to see it.

I remember collecting the cups from McDonalds, still have the gallimimus one somewhere, rememeber the T-Rex being sold out.

I remember as a kid wondering how Jeff Goldblum had a black daughter, and how was she able to kill a raptor?? Other than that and the King Kong rampage it was fun.

Never warmed to 3, just something was missing, but it's been long enough that this one should be decent enough (i've also said that for Indy 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

allanb49 wrote: »
    Lost World came out august 7th 1997 (my birfday is how i remember the date), went on my first ever "date" if you will to see it.

I remember collecting the cups from McDonalds, still have the gallimimus one somewhere, rememeber the T-Rex being sold out.

HaHa Brilliant I was the same except for my 10th birthday lol But I got the T-Rex :D still have it today up in the attic lol sad I know haha
    Spielberg has confirmed the script is finished so prob another 2 yr wait for the 4th installment!!!

Just in time for the 20th anniversary

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Spielberg: "I have an idea for JP4"
    Me: "is it about more dinosaurs?"
    Spielberg: "why yes, yes it is.."
    Me: "and humans trying to escape?"
    Spielberg: "yes.."
    Me: "so what's different about this film?"
    Spielberg: "...."

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

I am kinda disappointed they probably won't go down the dinosaurs with guns route they had threatened.

Because, as **** as Jurassic Park 4 is likely to be, it would at least be a unique **** if they had guns.

That's a really bad idea (other than to market toys). It reminds me too much of "sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads".

• Advertisement

I've said it before and I'll say it again the Jurassic Park franchise should be taken outside and out down. The first film is entertaining and part 2 has it's moments but over all it's one of the most over rated franchises of all time.

What should be done is that they should make a film of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

I've said it before and I'll say it again the Jurassic Park franchise should be taken outside and out down. The first film is entertaining and part 2 has it's moments but over all it's one of the most over rated franchises of all time.

What should be done is that they should make a film of this:

That was a nice car ad.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If they're not giving the Dino's guns then they should give the humans some this time. Use Aliens as a template maybe, crack team of marines trapped on the island but with a **** tonne of fire power. Ah I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brennaldo II

Delighted to hear this, I'm very much a fan of the Jurassic Park series (number 3 was only ok at most)

I think enough time has passed now that these films will have a bit of its excitement back.

Also, Speilberg, if you have any brains, make Rex the main dinosaur again, and for the love of God, no more talking velociraptors !!! :mad:

no more talking velociraptors !!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Delighted to hear this, I'm very much a fan of the Jurassic Park series (number 3 was only ok at most)

I think enough time has passed now that these films will have a bit of its excitement back.

Also, Speilberg, if you have any brains, make Rex the main dinosaur again, and for the love of God, no more talking velociraptors !!! :mad:

Did I miss these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Did I miss these?

In 3 it was suggested that Raptors were smarter than Dolphins, maybe even than Humans, and that they had their own language, which Alan Grant could 'tap' into with his fossilised duck-whistle. Yet another ludicrous story line from Jurrassic Park Three: Wait for the DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brennaldo II

Did I miss these?

Well obviously enough the raptors weren't having conversations in English, but they were looking at each other and making sounds as if to communicate, It was just awful to view..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the idea of smart raptors was badly directed in the third film with really clunky exposition and blunt visualisation.

The idea of *talking* raptors though has been present since the first film, they just didnt push it in your face in a really bad way and it had a bit of menace to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If they're not giving the Dino's guns then they should give the humans some this time. Use Aliens as a template maybe, crack team of marines trapped on the island but with a **** tonne of fire power. Ah I dunno.

Ah yes, I really want to see another Aliens rip-off

They should make it about the family from dinosaurs who are mistaken for evil Jurassic park dinosaurs and turn it into a comedy romp. Replace a man taking a **** and getting eaten with the kid hitting his father on the head with a frying pan when he's eating

Advertisement