Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass player wanted (Dublin)

• 02-03-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Newly forming melodic/alt rock band looking for bassist. Drummer, lead guitarist/vocals and female singer lined up so far.
    Influences: 30 seconds to mars, alexisonfire, lostprophets, you me at six, smashing pumpkins etc.
    Check out demos below and email fitzer99@gmail.com if interested

www.soundcloud.com/Paul-Fitzpatrick

Decent gear, preferabley own transport and most important dedication needed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭LampyJo

Hi, listened to tracks and liked what I heard. Let me know if you're still looking for a bass player.Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tumbleweed777

Hey man, I just signed up to Boards.ie so I could reply to this.

I listened to your stuff and I like it; you've created some nice textures and aren't just playing the usual chords with no extensions.

Some of my main influences musically would be (but not limited to) Nat King Cole, Billie Holiday, Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Weather Report, The Beatles, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Tom Waits, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Charlie Parker, David Bowie, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, The Who, Charles Mingus, George Benson, etc.

Some bass players that I am influenced by are James Jamerson, Jaco Pastorius, Paul McCartney, John Paul Jones, Ron Carter, John Entwistle, Charles Mingus.

I own a 5-string Musicman Stingray and am in the process of saving up for an amp. I'm studying music in Maynooth and I'm in my final year. I started off with guitar when I was 14, and then eventually took up piano, singing and bass. Bass would be my main instrument now. I have a great ear for music and pick up things easily, and I play well with others.

Check out my YouTube for some vids of me playing bass, and there's some of me singing too: http://www.youtube.com/user/iLike2scream7/videos

I hope that's enough info for now, and hopefully we could work something out.

Advertisement