Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail, Group Travel

• 18-02-2012 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know much of a discount IR give for group travel in general?
    There will be 10 of us going to Waterford from Dublin in July if that helps

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Full contact details for where you can get that information are listed at the link below:

http://www.irishrail.ie/index.jsp?p=118&n=250

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

lxflyer wrote: »
    Full contact details for where you can get that information are listed at the link below:

http://www.irishrail.ie/index.jsp?p=118&n=250
    Thanks, :) it's just I'm waiting nearly 3 days now for an answer off IR so I thought I would try my luck with this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think phone them. Several reports of e-mails not being replied to recently.

Victor wrote: »
    I think phone them. Several reports of e-mails not being replied to recently.
    Thanks, i'll give them a ring tomorrow instead.

just an update, they replied with this message:
    Hi David,

Thank you for your email.

The group return fare (10 or more) to Waterford is €30.00.

Full payment is required at the time of booking.
    I fail to see the discount here :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

just an update, they replied with this message:
    I fail to see the discount here :confused:
    The day return fare is cheaper and considering the Conditions attached to the group travel bookings your best option is probably for one person to book and reserve the tickets a month 27 days before travelling on the website and hopefully get some of the elusive cheap on-line tickets, you would have to book in two lots as the maximum number allowed for each reservation is 6. Then add the two amounts and divide by the number travelling to get the amount each person should pay.

edit; Just looked at on-line weekend fares and they are all adding up to the full fare plus the booking fee and reservation charges so the best option for an open return is to buy at the booking office at Heuston on the day of travel. The open Return costs €37 while most of the weekend online fares start at €38 + fees and charges.

Might ber worth noting that the Bus Eireann price for a return to Waterford is €19.50 or €18.52 booked on-line while the fare on JJ Kavanagh's is €15 return valid for 45 days

Advertisement