Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kobelco Sk210 hydraulic problem

• 13-08-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Just wondering can anyone shed any light on this one for me. Weve got a blue kobelco 210 year 2001 i think shes a dash 6.

She wont track on the right lever (even tough you can hear the pumps cycling up) unless you touch the left one. Also the dipper arm will only go out about half way then stops moving but the pump still cycles up and will actually stall the engine but if you touch the left track pedal the dipper sails on as normal.

Just wondering if anyones come across this as im bald enough without pulling out anymore hair:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Have you done any investigating of the valve chest?If you lift the right track and put it tracking does it make any attempt to turn the track at all? My first thoughts are sticking valves but never heard if anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 th3dan

as the nutty m said valve chest .as it more or less be sticking relief valves .or else check the hoses and connections for leaks as they wont work if not at the right cracking pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lee taylor

I have an SK60 kobelco just after getting hydraulic pump done up when i put it back together digger went good for half an hour now movements are back to slow again, left hand leaver wont do nothing only arm will lift up, but killing the engine very bad, the rest of the movements wont do nothing, she is tracking slow but kills engine too. she kills engine on most movements but wont do nothing. i have the spool chest of and cleaned it all out and release valves of and blew all them out and cleaned them now i am stuck. can someone please tell me what the problem is? need help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

lee taylor wrote: »
    I have an SK60 kobelco just after getting hydraulic pump done up when i put it back together digger went good for half an hour now movements are back to slow again, left hand leaver wont do nothing only arm will lift up, but killing the engine very bad, the rest of the movements wont do nothing, she is tracking slow but kills engine too. she kills engine on most movements but wont do nothing. i have the spool chest of and cleaned it all out and release valves of and blew all them out and cleaned them now i am stuck. can someone please tell me what the problem is? need help.
    You've done all the filters right? All the hydraulic ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

If a pump fails it is imperative that the whole system is cleaned.

All the brass/swarf from the failed pump is lurking in the hyd loop of the machine and will wreck a new pump in a very short time.

• Advertisement

i have 2 new filters in the tank i think thats all is in her not sure .i cleaned out the tank twice with new oil each time am still not gettin the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

lee taylor wrote: »
    i have 2 new filters in the tank i think thats all is in her not sure .i cleaned out the tank twice with new oil each time am still not gettin the problem

Have you physically cleaned the tank or just changed the oil?

Did you cut the filters open and check for debris?

Your next step would be to check what system pressure you are getting. You should also check your case drain out of your pump and see if it getting hot when a circuit is dead headed.

If it is you will need to find someone with a flow meter to measure the case drain

i physically cleaned the tank there were very small fillngs in bottom of tank each time i cleaned it,changed both hy filters both times,got it pressure tested at pump it OK,i don't have a clue where dirt would be stuck in her i have the spool chest of cleaned and blew out i am now at a lost end

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carbondrive

Hi Mate.
    Did you ever get the digger sorted ??
    Cheers,

J

Advertisement